• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with the Sig Bravo 5

MassPete

NES Member
I can't get the battery cover off and don't want to break out the Vice Grips. Looks like it was overtightened at the factory. Anyone have experience with this

I always check the Google machine or YouTube to see if my troubles are shared by others or if I truly dumbfounded. Its usually 50% hit rate on my own stupidity of missing something simple.

I always check the Google machine or YouTube to see if my troubles are shared by others or if I truly dumbfounded. Its usually 50% hit rate on my own stupidity of missing something simple.

Same here.. Other guy had a problem with this and brought it to his local gun store. Nothing on YouTube. I don't want to damage the optic.

I took a pair of channel locks with flat heads and stuck some heavy duty soft foam on them for jobs just like this.
Great idea. Ya just gotta make that first small “break” and the rest should be fingers if the threads aren’t misaligned and forced on.

Great advice, did the channel locks and needle nose plyers with cloth. Whoever tightened this on there must have been pissed that day. It won't budge. I'm afraid to damage it. That's what usually happens. If you look at the top pic, the SIG logo should be centered and even on this setting. Looks like it was over tightened by at least 1/4 inch.

That sucks that you scratched it up but just think of it as character. Put some clear nail polish on the scuff marks and drive on.

Aren’t those just bigger, heavier, less expensive 1x Romeo 5’s? Beat it like a rented mule and see how well it handles it. I stayed away from those particular RDS because they just looked cheap and much larger than they need to be these days.

Just toss the whole gun in some gravel to blend it in. Bonus points for some crazy war story if anyone asks about the blems

That sucks that you scratched it up but just think of it as character. Put some clear nail polish on the scuff marks and drive on.

Aren’t those just bigger, heavier, less expensive 1x Romeo 5’s? Beat it like a rented mule and see how well it handles it. I stayed away from those particular RDS because they just looked cheap and much larger than they need to be these days.
Its a 5x prism
Vs just a regular dot

Back
Top Bottom