Help with Hunter's Safety Course for my daughter

My daughter (17 years old today) wants to start hunting and get her FID card. She is a good competitive rimfire rifle shooter (shoots 250ish in first year of 3-position). Now, to the issue... She works Saturday and Sunday AMs, and we live in central MA. Any idea how to get her the certification? I could take her to Mass Firearms school to get the FID done, but not the hunting. I would be willing to pay for the course if it was available during the week. Any ideas would be great on how to get this done.

My daughter (17 years old today) wants to start hunting and get her FID card. She is a good competitive rimfire rifle shooter (shoots 250ish in first year of 3-position). Now, to the issue... She works Saturday and Sunday AMs, and we live in central MA. Any idea how to get her the certification? I could take her to Mass Firearms school to get the FID done, but not the hunting. I would be willing to pay for the course if it was available during the week. Any ideas would be great on how to get this done.
Take the RI course online and have her show up on a Sunday afternoon to take the test. This with cover hunting but not FID/LTC.

The Mass Hunter Ed course is statutorily sufficient for anything up to LTC-A......but you have to take the course, then apply. MassWildlife is really quick with getting the card out, but an LTC course will be faster for the FID issuance.

An out-of state Hunter Ed is a no-go as Squatch points out.

As for hunter ed....they're popular, and fill up fast, register ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom