Help me pick 1911 Screw color (Pic)

Mass-diver

NES Member
I did a couple of searches, but could not find a consistent answer.

Does anyone know the size of standard 1911 grip screws? I know they are an odd-ball size, but can you get them get at Lowes/Home Depot? I tried 2 gun stores with no luck and I don't want to wait for the set I ordered from Midway.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
.150"-50 x .250"

I wouldn't even waste my time looking for them at HD or Lowes.

Even hardware stores like Ace/TruValue that carry loose fasteners would be a long shot.

Thanks Guys. So I ordered a set of SS screws from Midway (with bushing since I'm switching out an "ultra-line" grip set up for a standard one). But, now I'm thinking maybe black/blued screws would look better. What do think?
IMG_0182.jpg

Thanks Guys. So I ordered a set of SS screws from Midway (with bushing since I'm switching out an "ultra-line" grip set up for a standard one). But, now I'm thinking maybe black/blued screws would look better. What do think?

Flat head, hex or torex?

Decisions... decisions. [smile]

Don't forget the staking tool for the bushings (although there's probably nothing wrong with using Loctite instead).

I think this thread has offically made me less of man.

I'll post up when I have the new screws in place. All my other pistols are plastic and black so I just want one to look nice and pretty :)

Back
Top Bottom