Help me make a decision.

Ok interwebs tactical dudes, help me out here.

I'm trying to decide between picking up an AK with mags and ammo, OR building out a plate carrier. I currently have an SBR and a 16" AR so aside from the raging AK boner I've been sporting since my father in law picked up a WASR 10 last fall, I have no real NEED for an additional fighting rifle kit. Last year I put together a battle belt which aside from needing a few tweaks, has been pretty good. Those tweaks being a new holster for my pistol, better pistol mag pouches and an IFAK. Mostly, all optional except for the IFAK. Is the belt set up enough, or should I add the PC to complete the kit? I get the reasons to have a PC, and Im all for that. I'm just trying to justify the outlay of cash with limited funds.

What do you guys think? Is it worth putting out $5-600 on a plate carrier or should I go with the AK?

Go.

You'll use an AK. The chances of really using a plate carrier are vanishingly small. OTOH, if just "having" it makes your toes curl, get it.

You'll use an AK. The chances of really using a plate carrier are vanishingly small. OTOH, if just "having" it makes your toes curl, get it.
This, get something you could use every day or something you will most likely never use or need.
There really is no choice

And AK it is.

d35d34290305dcdc2dda139c0d8817fa_zpsayojiamt.jpg

Century Arms C39v2. I went in looking for targets and walked out with a rifle. About 100 rounds through it today, and it's pretty awesome.

And AK it is.

d35d34290305dcdc2dda139c0d8817fa_zpsayojiamt.jpg

Century Arms C39v2. I went in looking for targets and walked out with a rifle. About 100 rounds through it today, and it's pretty awesome.

Awesome! Now just save up for a plate carrier & plates [smile]

Some guys here might disagree but you can get some decent deals on Ebay, I got hooked up with a nice Plate Carrier from a close friend and wasnt sure about how much I wanted to spend on plates and I found a pair of Level 3 ( front and back ) for $160 which I thought was pretty good. Nice rifle, enjoy [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom