Help me choose a new pistol(s)

I've got the H&K p2000sk and I'm really pleased with the gun so much so that I plan to add a p30sk and full size USP 9mm to my collection. I had kicked around the idea of getting the Shield given what I've read, in fact just handled it in the shop this weekend. I couldn't get the slide to release to save my life. I don't know how the other M&P guns are like but if the Shield is anything like those...I'm sticking with the H&K.

Really? I thought all MA handguns were required to have at least a10# trigger.
VP9 is an awesome pistol. My wife has one.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
About a month ago when I was shopping for VP9 I called BPS and they told me that all VP9's were pooled from the shelves for non MA complaint triggers

About a month ago when I was shopping for VP9 I called BPS and they told me that all VP9's were pooled from the shelves for non MA complaint triggers

By non MA complaint, people were actually able to pull the trigger? No matter the gun, anything bought in this state, I send it along to a smith for trigger work. When I sent my p2000sk off, this was the gunsmith's response after the work was done...I'm guessing all "Mass complaint" handguns are this way with rare exceptions....

"Before the tune the trigger pull was 14+lbs. for the double action and 6#'s for the single action...
Now reads 8.5/9#'s for DA and 5#'s for the SA"

By non MA complaint, people were actually able to pull the trigger? No matter the gun, anything bought in this state, I send it along to a smith for trigger work. When I sent my p2000sk off, this was the gunsmith's response after the work was done...I'm guessing all "Mass complaint" handguns are this way with rare exceptions....

"Before the tune the trigger pull was 14+lbs. for the double action and 6#'s for the single action...
Now reads 8.5/9#'s for DA and 5#'s for the SA"
I'm just glad that my VP9 trigger is the one intended to be

That sux. The factory trigger is really nice. 10# reduces accuracy and is therfore less safe. It also violateso the Americans with disabilities act. People with arthritis can't pull a10# trigger.
[emoji38] [emoji33]
Of course anyone can just bring it to a gun smith in NH for trigger work.
I'd love to see a lawyer push that argument against that stupid rule.
Luckily I don't live there and we have plenty of firearm choices that my wife can handle despite her arthritis. That is why she loves the VP9. Easy to rack. The thumb paddle mag release is very easy for her. She can track the slide in my VP40 too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That sux. The factory trigger is really nice. 10# reduces accuracy and is therfore less safe. It also violateso the Americans with disabilities act. People with arthritis can't pull a10# trigger.
[emoji38] [emoji33]
Luckily I don't live there and we have plenty of firearm choices that my wife can handle despite her arthritis. That is why she loves the VP9. Easy to rack. The thumb paddle mag release is very easy for her. She can track the slide in my VP40 too.

RH shoulder nerve damage - weak wrist - VP9 factory trigger works fo me

[emoji38] [emoji33]

The paddle mag release was intended to be manipulated with the trigger or middle finger. But if she prefers the thumb that's cool too.

The paddle mag release was intended to be manipulated with the trigger or middle finger. But if she prefers the thumb that's cool too.
I was just happy we could find one that was easy to use. She doesn't like the recoil of a revolver.
Her EDC is a Walther CCP. Darn thing is extremely accurate with the fixed barrel and has no more felt recoil than a full size.
But my daughter prefers my FNX45. [emoji12]
Says she is taking it from me when she gets her CCH. She likes loose shirts so concealment won't be a issue. Ha!

Thanks for all the suggestions. All I know is I got ~$1,600 to spend. [grin]

I'm almost certain the first two are set in stone

-Sig SP2022 9mm
-MP shield 9mm
-???

Walther PPQ, and I'd get a PPS M2 over even a performance center shield any day.

Really? I had a M2 PPS and actually brought my shield and Walther twice in 3 days to my range because I was seeing which I liked better and sold the M2 a week later, felt no difference to me except a profit

Last edited:
I have not, but did fondle it at the LGS. Felt nice in the hands. What say you?

i wanted one for a while but after watching and reading a bunch of reviews, i passed. I haven't shot one either so I have zero experience with it. Price was tempting though.

Really? I had a M2 PPS and actually brought my shield twice in 3 days because I was seeing which I liked better and sold the M2 a week later, felt no difference to me except a profit

Just going by every side by side video and article I've seen. Better ergonomics, trigger, accuracy, and mag capacity and size options. All three were equally reliable of course. But it all depends on what fits your hand better of course.

i wanted one for a while but after watching and reading a bunch of reviews, i passed. I haven't shot one either so I have zero experience with it. Price was tempting though.

I haven't seen many reviews saying it was bad, in fact the reviews I've seen were pretty positive given the price point and what you get.

I've heard great things about the SP2022. It's just a value priced Sig. If I had the money I'd choose a 226 or 229 or M11A1 though.

I've heard great things about the SP2022. It's just a value priced Sig. If I had the money I'd choose a 226 or 229 or M11A1 though.

This is where I'm somewhat torn. I do have the money for a P226 or P229 but (I'm totally ignorant regarding Sig) what am I really getting paying 400-500 more for an all aluminum/steel gun vs. polymer? Is the price justified? What will be so much better with the 226/229 over the 2022?

I could care less

My apologies. I thought you were legitimately inquiring why they were cheaper than the other Sigs. The folks who posted in that thread were able to explain why and that it in no way is less quality than the others. I was trying to be helpful and reassure you that it's a great gun. I'm confused why you responded that way to my attempt to be helpful. I mean you did ask me why it was so much cheaper didn't you?

My apologies. I thought you were legitimately inquiring why they were cheaper than the other Sigs. The folks who posted in that thread were able to explain why and that it in no way is less quality than the others. I was trying to be helpful and reassure you that it's a great gun. I'm confused why you responded that way to my attempt to be helpful. I mean you did ask me why it was so much cheaper didn't you?

My bad! I should have been more clear in my response. I meant "i could care less" about being nostalgic for the classic. I appreciate your help!!

Lol. Whew. I was like WTF I thought you asked me the question and just acted like you didn't care about the answer. Glad we cleared that up. But yea but with confidence. And use the extra loot for one of those Walthers or maybe a sweet Beretta 92 (sweet range or HD gun)

Back
Top Bottom