Help me choose a new pistol(s)

I got some money burning a hole in my wallet. Current inventory includes a couple of M&Ps, Glocks, .22 and revolver. Looking to add one of the following:

-S&W M&P 9 PRO C.O.R.E 5"bbl w/RMR

-S&W M&P 9c and Sig SP2022

Pistols are just for range fun and possibly added to the HD rotation. Not shooting any competitions (specifically speaking about the C.O.R.E)

Last edited:
So if you already have M&Ps, why buy more. Seems like you have a bunch of polymer guns. Maybe a 1911 for a single action.

Last edited:
So if you already have M&Ps, why buy more. Seems like you have a bunch of polymer guns. Maybe a 1911 for a single action.

Because i'm sorta in "collecting" mode right now and wouldn't mind adding a few more M&Ps as I really like them. Not really interested in a 1911 at this time and yes all my pistols at this time are polymer.

Good answer. Truth be told, I just picked up a pair of g19s so I am not judging. I like something where I can get hicap mags.

I'm seeing a huge, glaring problem with your collection. Unless I miss my guess you have no 45acp in that group. A gross injustice that needs to be resolved immediately if not sooner! A nice G21,G30, G36, M&P45 or 45C or Sig 220 will take care of that situation!

I'm seeing a huge, glaring problem with your collection. Unless I miss my guess you have no 45acp in that group. A gross injustice that needs to be resolved immediately if not sooner! A nice G21,G30, G36, M&P45 or 45C or Sig 220 will take care of that situation!

Nope, no .45 in my collection either. With 3 kids, youth hockey, dance and on a single income, wife is a stay at home mom, I try to keep my caliber consistent and cheap. 9mm does that for me. I have a couple of .40 caliber pistols from when I first starting shooting but have mainly been shooting/buying 9mm. Also, my 8yo shoots with me so 9mm works out well in that area too. Not opposed to getting a .45, just wasn't really thinking about it right now.

I got some money burning a hole in my wallet. Current inventory includes a couple of M&Ps, Glocks, .22 and revolver. Looking to add one of the following:

-S&W M&P 9 PRO C.O.R.E 5"bbl w/RMR

-S&W M&P 9c and Sig SP2022

Pistols are just for range fun and possibly added to the HD rotation. Not shooting any competitions (specifically speaking about the C.O.R.E)

How about none of the above and a P320 instead?

I realize I'm being unhelpful but I'd buy a third P320 before I bought any of those.

-Mike

I second getting a 45. I love my S&W M&P 45C. Shoots great less snappy then a 40. Plus being in mass and being limited to 10rds I want the biggest 10 rounds I can get.

No collection is complete without a 44Mag revolver. There are some really good S&W and Rugers out there for reasonable prices. Love my semi's but love shooting my hand-cannon. Very versatile weapon, you can load it up to knock down alaskan black bear with some 300gr or turn it into a pussy cat for the range with some 180's or light loaded 240's.

Out of the two choices you presented I would def choose the M&P9c and the Sig 2022. Two is always better than one and I have no interest in 5" or optics on pistols. Now if I were you I would take a hard look at the Walther line. The PPQ has the best trigger on any polymer pistol in production. World class ergonomics and reliability. It is so accurate Nutnfancy called it a Sniper's pistol. Hickok45 said he would have to TRY to miss with it. I would get the M1 version and pair it with a P99c which will accept the full size PPQ mags as well. The P99c has an awesome DA/SA striker fired trigger with a decocker. Both guns have a super short reset. The SA mode on the P99c is essentially the same as the PPQ trigger. Awesome guns and only around $520 each. Sexy to boot. Here's my P99c:
902e5a4e4f1eece1f8a78269f60b0d24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what a new M&P .45 FS is going for price wise these days? I don't recall seeing any at the LGS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom