• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Identify This Mystery 9mm Magazine ????

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
The magazine on the left is a 32 round 9mm for a Cobray M11/9, and the mag on the right is a 32 round 9mm for an Uzi.
It's the magazine in the middle that has me stumped.
Headscratch.gif

It's wider than the others, measuring 15/16" wide across the rear face.
I got it at a gun show back in the 90's, the seller said it was a 40 rounder for the Cobray M11/9, but when I got it home, I discovered it was too wide to fit. At first I thought it may have been a .45 mag for a Mac 10, but I tried loading it with .45 rounds and found them a bit too long to fit. I then loaded it with 9mm's and they fit perfectly, but I don't have the gun it goes to.
So does anyone recognize this mag and can tell me what it goes to ???

Mags_1.jpg

Mags_2.jpg

Mags_3.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like someone cut and welded the lower section of the mag to add on an extra piece to make it 40 rounds?

Looks almost like an MP34 mag except for the little ledges.

Possibly to a .45 M2/M3 grease gun?

.45 rounds are slightly too long and do NOT fit, already tried it.

Is it just me or does it look like someone cut and welded the lower section of the mag to add on an extra piece to make it 40 rounds?

That's what it looks like to me too.
Whoever did it, did a perfect job cutting and matching the two sections together.

Anyone else venture a guess ????

If it can be identified positively I may be tempted to buy a gun for it [wink]

Or, I may Karma it to the Green people.

Last edited:
Its a straight stick mag for a 10mm MP5 conversion. Made from an old school straight stick 9mm mp5

actually I just made that up.

Last edited:
I'm with whatluck. Looks like a MAC-10 "double feed" magazine. Not sure exactly what that means, but they seem to match the images I found.

I'm with whatluck. Looks like a MAC-10 "double feed" magazine. Not sure exactly what that means, but they seem to match the images I found.

I took it down to GFA today and Greg said it was a TEC-9 mag.
Then I showed it to the guys at ZHA and they said it was a Mac-10 9mm mag.
Neither place would insert it into a gun to actually see if it fit, even though they did have such guns in the case. [rolleyes]

Neither place would insert it into a gun to actually see if it fit, even though they did have such guns in the case. [rolleyes]

Don't want a runaway gun killing everyone in a 2 mile radius.

That's what it looks like to me too.
Whoever did it, did a perfect job cutting and matching the two sections together.

I noticed that also. AND, take a look at the difference in spacing for the first four witness holes and the last.

Kind of wonder what they used for an extra-length spring.

Baseplate looks similar to a tec-9, but I think the catch is in the wrong place.

Hi, The long mag that was cut and extended is for a Mac 10 RPB 9mm open bolt. I had purchased some of these around the late eighties, there was a company that actually were making these and tig welding the second cut mag to the bottom, you could maybe get around 40+ rounds into it without too much trouble. They were to hold 50 but the springs get pretty tight. They were usually found here and there at gunshows into the late 90's . I still have them for my rpb. If you are interested in selling it I'd do $50 shipped. If interested please let me know.thanks.

Hi, The long mag that was cut and extended is for a Mac 10 RPB 9mm open bolt. I had purchased some of these around the late eighties, there was a company that actually were making these and tig welding the second cut mag to the bottom, you could maybe get around 40+ rounds into it without too much trouble. They were to hold 50 but the springs get pretty tight. They were usually found here and there at gunshows into the late 90's . I still have them for my rpb. If you are interested in selling it I'd do $50 shipped. If interested please let me know.thanks.

Thanks.
It's not doing me any good so I believe I'll take you up on that offer.

Back
Top Bottom