Heads up

1903Collector

NES Member
Heads up for all you Mosin Nagant guys, Northeast has a polish sniper that looks all original with no import marks. Think they have a Swiss sniper as well!

I never heard of any Polish Mosin sniper rifles. Poland converted a bunch of ex Dragoon rifles to shoot 8mm and made a bunch of M44s. Is there an 11 in an oval stamped anywhere on the receiver? I know some people mistake ex Dragoon rifle receiver stampings for Polish.

As for the Swiss, does it look like the one at the bottom of this page?
http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/detail/

Oh I have no idea, there not really my bag just thought they might be of interest to someone else. Could be wrong about the country of origin. there was also a Lungeman (forgive spelling) there as well.[grin]

there was also a Lungeman (forgive spelling) there as well.[grin]

Ljungman. Think its hard to spell, try saying it correctly.[laugh]
I've wanted one of those for a while but its so expensive to shoot because 6.5x55 is getting scarce. When I do find one I never have the funds set aside.

Actually, there were two scoped rifles - a Ljungman and a Swedish M41B. The Ljungman was going for over $1000, and the 41B for about $1700.

Looks like more of the collector's sell-off. Wish I had the dough to snatch up the MAS 44 that was there earlier. That was going for $699.

Seemed funny to see them next to the $150 run-of-the-mil milsurps...

Yea, I picked up the madsen in that first batch. Think they have all come from the same person. Did you see the the M1A they had behind the counter?

The Mosin sniper rifle is a Hungarian M52 ( hope this is right.) No import marks, 02 on all the metal and the correct stock markings. Bore condition is dirty and needs to be cleaned badly. Wood stock has some of the finish coming off near the tang on top. The scope is correct but is banged some on the edge of the rear lens. Price is $1779. Trigger pull is great - that's how it should be done.

The Swedish M41B is priced also for $1779. Condition of the rifle is excellent - it's the scope that is worrisome. It looks either fogged or the lenes need to be cleaned. I've seen these scopes from Samco and they were clear so something happened here. I didn't see any import marks and the stock does have the range table on it.

Swedish Lunjgman ( sp ) has a price of $1079 on it. Rifle is the nicest of the 3 for sale. It has a good bore, metal is good, and the wood is good with a few dings here and there.

There are 2 pistols also. First is an Artillery Luger that has a $22xx price tag on it. Not into Lugers so I didn't look at it. Second one is a vis35 Polish Radom pistol. The price on this one is $1179. Condition is good but I'm not sold that he's asking that much for it.

I don't have any books to look up the values on milsurp so I'm kinda shocked at the prices. The Mas 59 he had was over $100 + over the one I saw at Kittery Trading Post and condition of both was about the same. The Hungarian sniper is the hardest one of the group to price. They are the rarest of the Mosin snipers you can find here and supposedly one went on Gunboards for over $2700+. I can't verify that because the auction is too old. I guess it's what someone is willing to pay.

Joe R.

All mentioned are overpriced and will sit there for a long time unless someone green comes in off the street and has to have one. I'm not bashing North East Trading and have bought guns there before with great service, but as a milsurp collector I can get any one of these guns mentioned for cheaper (and thats including the Mosin sniper) even with a want list mention from a certain C&R site that sends out new stuff emails.
Makes me really kick myself in the ass ala boot with string and pullies for not buying the Ljungman from Richie's in Westport for $600 and change, especially when he told me he found the box with matching bayonet, sling, and a few hundred rounds of ammo after some guy bought it.[crying]
I hate re-living that story. I'm gonna go hug priceless rifles I got for practically free just to feel better now.

Edit note: Heres Samco's add on the M41B sniper rifle with scope. Its safe to mention Samco here because they now refuse to ship anything to Mass. [frown]

Carl Gustafs, Sweden Mfg

Very Good Condition: $1,195.95

Special Select Condition: $1,295.95

Mauser Oberndorf, Germany Mfg ( VERY LIMITED QUANTITY)

Very Good Condition: $1,295.95

Special Select Condition: $1,395.95

We have also M41B Sniper Rifle with fixed slide rail base only without Scope mount and Scope

Carl Gustafs, Sweden Mfg: Rifle Only

Very Good Condition: $595.95

Special Select Condition: $695.95

Mauser Oberndorf, Germany Mfg Rifle Only

Very Good Condition: $695.95

Special Select Condition: $795.95

Original leather 2 piece sling for M41 B - $49.95

M41B fitted with Ajack 4X90 scope and short side rail mount manufactured by Jackenroll firm in Berlin before German SS military requirements for their M98K Sniper rifle halted deliveries to Sweden.

Last edited:
All mentioned are overpriced and will sit there for a long time unless someone green comes in off the street and has to have one. I'm not bashing North East Trading and have bought guns there before with great service, but as a milsurp collector I can get any one of these guns mentioned for cheaper (and thats including the Mosin sniper) even with a want list mention from a certain C&R site that sends out new stuff emails.
Makes me really kick myself in the ass ala boot with string and pullies for not buying the Ljungman from Richie's in Westport for $600 and change, especially when he told me he found the box with matching bayonet, sling, and a few hundred rounds of ammo after some guy bought it.[crying]
I hate re-living that story. I'm gonna go hug priceless rifles I got for practically free just to feel better now.

Edit note: Heres Samco's add on the M41B sniper rifle with scope. Its safe to mention Samco here because they now refuse to ship anything to Mass. [frown]

Carl Gustafs, Sweden Mfg

Very Good Condition: $1,195.95

Special Select Condition: $1,295.95

Mauser Oberndorf, Germany Mfg ( VERY LIMITED QUANTITY)

Very Good Condition: $1,295.95

Special Select Condition: $1,395.95

We have also M41B Sniper Rifle with fixed slide rail base only without Scope mount and Scope

Carl Gustafs, Sweden Mfg: Rifle Only

Very Good Condition: $595.95

Special Select Condition: $695.95

Mauser Oberndorf, Germany Mfg Rifle Only

Very Good Condition: $695.95

Special Select Condition: $795.95

Original leather 2 piece sling for M41 B - $49.95

M41B fitted with Ajack 4X90 scope and short side rail mount manufactured by Jackenroll firm in Berlin before German SS military requirements for their M98K Sniper rifle halted deliveries to Sweden.

What is up with Samco? I haven't heard that they stopped shipping to MA - it this just for the C&R guys? Are you sure about the M52 as far as availability? Ted is a good guy but admits to me that he doesn't know enough about these guns to price them or help out the consignment person with prices.

When I get outta this prison, the 03 FFL is gonna be applied for so I can get some of this stuff at a better price.

Joe R.

I had ordered an M59 SKS from Samco last fall and after waiting the usually 4 weeks, called them and asked if the order had been shipped, for a tracking number, etc. and was told they were refunding me my money because they no longer shipped C&R rifles to Mass because of advice given to them from Lew Horton who is one of their distributors. I told them Lew Horton doesn't sell anything to C&R folks anywhere and they were the last people they should listen to on legalities and C&R shipping.
Samco will now only ship to 01 FFL holders in Mass.

Mill-4 what is the rifle thats called a Dragonove (i cant spell) and shoots
7.62X54 ammo i just saw one here at a local Gun Shop i think it was around
$600.00 i think? does that sound about what thay go for?? im sure you
know what im talking about even if i dont, Thanks Ray Take Care.
Sheriff Dudley

I had ordered an M59 SKS from Samco last fall and after waiting the usually 4 weeks, called them and asked if the order had been shipped, for a tracking number, etc. and was told they were refunding me my money because they no longer shipped C&R rifles to Mass because of advice given to them from Lew Horton who is one of their distributors. I told them Lew Horton doesn't sell anything to C&R folks anywhere and they were the last people they should listen to on legalities and C&R shipping.
Samco will now only ship to 01 FFL holders in Mass.

Great, another store off of the list. Funny though that Lew Horton's does have K98's listed for sale on their site. If these are priced as the Gun Room had on them, Horton's is on liquid wrench. I wish that people/shops who are clueless would shut up if you don't know the answer to the jungle of MA gun laws...

Joe R>

Mill-4 what is the rifle thats called a Dragonove (i cant spell) and shoots
7.62X54 ammo i just saw one here at a local Gun Shop i think it was around
$600.00 i think? does that sound about what thay go for?? im sure you
know what im talking about even if i dont, Thanks Ray Take Care.
Sheriff Dudley

Thats the Romak3 and the price sounds right to me. Some actual Romanian sniper types have been imported as whole guns, but most of the ones out there today are kit guns and some have reported problems with their function. I'll PM you a link SD with info and what to look for as far as choosing a good version. Its something about the import stamp, or military markings, I can't remember off the top of my head but its in the link I'm sending.

I had ordered an M59 SKS from Samco last fall and after waiting the usually 4 weeks, called them and asked if the order had been shipped, for a tracking number, etc. and was told they were refunding me my money because they no longer shipped C&R rifles to Mass because of advice given to them from Lew Horton who is one of their distributors.

And qualified, objective advice I'm sure it was....[rolleyes]

The Romak-3 is NOT a Dragunov!

The Dragunov is not, as many think, simply a rechambered, longer AK. It is a different design. Easy ways to differentiate these rifles include the AK style upper and lower handguards on the Romak, and the magazine location (the Romak has the mag right up against the trigger guard like the AK, the Dragunov has a large gap between the trigger guard and the magazine.

Nice rifle? Yes. Dragunov? No!

The Romak-3 is NOT a Dragunov!

The Dragunov is not, as many think, simply a rechambered, longer AK. It is a different design. Easy ways to differentiate these rifles include the AK style upper and lower handguards on the Romak, and the magazine location (the Romak has the mag right up against the trigger guard like the AK, the Dragunov has a large gap between the trigger guard and the magazine.

Nice rifle? Yes. Dragunov? No!

Correct, and thanks for bringing that up in case anyone is fooled by the adds. I forgot to mention that in this thread.
The PM I sent Al had a link explaining the differences. Price alone dictates the Romak AK type design. If there were $600 Drags out there I'd be all over them and have to buy a new safe.[grin]

Polish Sniper

I never heard of any Polish Mosin sniper rifles. Poland converted a bunch of ex Dragoon rifles to shoot 8mm and made a bunch of M44s. Is there an 11 in an oval stamped anywhere on the receiver? I know some people mistake ex Dragoon rifle receiver stampings for Polish.

As for the Swiss, does it look like the one at the bottom of this page?
http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/detail/

There were some, made probably in the 50s. I had one, looked unissued. Wood and quality same like on the 44. Scope was PU.

Back
Top Bottom