• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heads up faux25 is going after ghost guns

What a crock of shit. I just saw it a couple of minutes ago at the truck dealership. I yelled at the TV in waiting area and got a chuckle from an older guy.

From FB - a comment I like and added to:

This is all Maura's fault. She banned AR's and now there is a huge market for Ghost Guns which is a market she CAN'T control.

Maura should have let sleeping dogs lie.

She is suffering from the law of unintended consequences.

She has unleashed an whole army's worth of military grade weapons on our streets.

Her diabolical plans to curtail our Second Amendment have failed and she has fallen right into the trap set by Cody Wilson.

I disagree with the huge market.

Possibly three or four people will get off their duff and build an FU-Maura rifle.

The number of people in Mass that are building 80% lowers into rifles is *probably* in the hundreds and very possibly fewer than that. THESE are being built as personal challenges. Same reason someone spends thousands on woodworking tools to make pens they could buy at a gift shop for $3.99 or a chest with inlaid designs and a hidden drawer.

The number of people in this state that has ever or ever will build an 80% for the express purpose of owning a gun as a PP is probably in the 10's. It's SO much easier to simply buy one from a criminal that already works.

Those observations might not apply to other states where people are more inclined to "do it themselves" in the first place. One only needs to look at what happened to "This Old House" over the past 20-30 years to see how the MA masses view DIY...

I can and have done pretty much everything on a house from Foundation to Roof and everything in between.

I know people who can’t sweat a pipe and won’t even open a main panel to turn on a breaker, never mind change one.

Teach your kids, make them come watch you do stuff and explain it to them. My almost 15yo son can sweat a pipe and add a breaker in a panel in pinch - I had him rafter-walking at 10-11 to help me add security lights.

Btw, he can run a drill press and router too :D

Can you elaborate on this?

This Old House "used" to walk you through projects, showing the overall process. The home owners invested sweat equity and DID a lot of the work themselves. I stopped watching when the show shifted to showcasing products and "systems".

It's all about the Benjamin's now...

It seems to be the Massachusetts mindset. Not so much away from the urban centers...

I am old enough to remember when Fox 25 was to the right of abcnbccnn...

But ya saw the preview on this one...

Should have been ghost guns!!! Anybody can do it anywhere at any time!!

All you need is..
.$700 in parts,
an 80% receiver...
access to 10s of thousands in machinery,
specialized skill and knowledge to cut. Drill, grind to 2 thousands of an inch.. and a ton of time!!

See anyone anywhere can do it in their kitchen!!!

For the Polymer80, you need about $500-600 in parts, a file, some sandpaper, a cordless drill driver and a pair of Channel Lock nippers. Oh, and maybe a Dremel tool for the front of the frame. Maybe. (The file, nippers and sandpaper WOULD work.)

I feel like what they did here violates all kinds of federal and state laws.... Possession of an unregistered high capacity firearm without a license seems to be the state issue. Throw in the felony mags that they had a station in GA order for them and ship here. Finally I'm certain they probably had someone else mill it out for them which violates federal law.

I'm only guessing on these points, but someone ought to go to jail for that segment. And I don't commonly wish ill of people, but I fervently hope Rosethal gets hit by a f***ing bus or something.

one problem is that narrative being pushed is "zomg, easy to make ..."

it should NOT be about the ease of making, anyone should be able to arm themselves without infringements. Serials - infringement. Restrictions on shipping - infringement. Fees and licenses - infringement.

there should not be a question about a firearm easy or hard to make, the right to bear arms should not be infringed, regardless it being a cheap gun or expensive collectable.

Yes Channel 7 is doing a story tonight (2/7) on this same subject. I saw a short clip of it last night and it looks like the reporter had a Glock 80% lower in his hands.

Great, am I going to have to go out and order me some 80% glock lowers? I've never wanted a glock 17, but I know they're the be all end all of many shooting matches, so if I want to get serious about competition I'm probably going to need one, which means I should get mine now, right?

I disagree with the huge market.

Possibly three or four people will get off their duff and build an FU-Maura rifle.

How many people picked up AR's in the 7/20 panic? I think there's more 80% lowers in MA than you realize, but all those are sitting around for a reason to be built. Mark my words, maura decides to pull the post '94 "assault weapons" from people who "thought they were following the law but weren't" this state will be awash in DIYers.

one problem is that narrative being pushed is "zomg, easy to make ..."

I've got some novice machining skills- enough to make a 80% lower. Those same novice skills could probably without too much of a stretch make a really shitty looking but fully functioning lower out of a aluminum bar. It wouldn't be pretty cosmetically, it'd just be a cube with holes in it, but I bet I could do it. If Maura bans the 80% lower she's going to need to figure out where the line is between 80% and 79%, then 78% and so on.

I feel like what they did here violates all kinds of federal and state laws.... Possession of an unregistered high capacity firearm without a license seems to be the state issue. Throw in the felony mags that they had a station in GA order for them and ship here. Finally I'm certain they probably had someone else mill it out for them which violates federal law.

I'm only guessing on these points, but someone ought to go to jail for that segment. And I don't commonly wish ill of people, but I fervently hope Rosethal gets hit by a f***ing bus or something.

Someone a little braver than me should write a certified letter to the AG with a certified copy to each major media outlet making those points and supplying the relevant law cites. And then sit back and watch with amusement as all of them totally ignore it.

Great, am I going to have to go out and order me some 80% glock lowers? I've never wanted a glock 17, but I know they're the be all end all of many shooting matches, so if I want to get serious about competition I'm probably going to need one, which means I should get mine now, right?

How many people picked up AR's in the 7/20 panic? I think there's more 80% lowers in MA than you realize, but all those are sitting around for a reason to be built. Mark my words, maura decides to pull the post '94 "assault weapons" from people who "thought they were following the law but weren't" this state will be awash in DIYers.

I've got some novice machining skills- enough to make a 80% lower. Those same novice skills could probably without too much of a stretch make a really shitty looking but fully functioning lower out of a aluminum bar. It wouldn't be pretty cosmetically, it'd just be a cube with holes in it, but I bet I could do it. If Maura bans the 80% lower she's going to need to figure out where the line is between 80% and 79%, then 78% and so on.

I'm sure there ARE a bunch of 80% lowers in the state. I'm also sure most of them will remain 80% until the owners kids chuck them when cleaning out Dad's house when he went to the nursing home. Hell, I have several stripped lowers still waiting on parts to become whole. And they don't even NEED the milling!

I hope I'm wrong and people WILL find the get-up-and-go to complete and build them. Someone above commented on the reasonable pricing of parts (staying away from the high end, precision stuff, likely) and I looked again. I could complete two of mine for ~ $300 each. Summer project, perhaps!

Mothertrucker. I just got a whole-kit-and-kaboodle of the G19 Poly80. All said and done, night sights and 2 mags was $624. Frame from Midway. Slide and sights and mags from Brownells. Barrel and a few parts from Lone Wolf.

I hate you guys! LOL

Who needs an 80%? Or metal, or plastic?
upload_2018-2-7_12-17-7.png

Someone a little braver than me should write a certified letter to the AG with a certified copy to each major media outlet making those points and supplying the relevant law cites. And then sit back and watch with amusement as all of them totally ignore it.

I would think any lawyer could do this on behalf of their client (even if that client is themselves), and if asked about it just say it's privileged information.

this article was on Breitbart a few days back: EXCLUSIVE -- PHOTOS: Mexican Cartel Improves Weapons Manufacturing Capabilities

basically Mexican cartels setup shops (like CNCs) to make guns ... yeah, you figure people with billions of dollars at stake, who build fleets ... fleets Karl! of submarines to smuggle shit, they can also make lots of cheap guns in some garage between a taqueria and a donkey show place.

where are we headed is Russia/Euro-style gun control with barrels and other load components controlled, i.e. barrels and bolts. There should be absolutely no compromises, no letting ATF determine shit. The angle antis are playing, since these components are not firearms, then prohibiting them is not infringing on 2a, this is the exact play they pulled on bumpstocks here in MA. Anyone who supports this (Faker) is NOT a friend of 2a.

All this talk of banning stuff does nothing but make people want to buy it. These hit pieces make bank for the manufacturers of the 80% stuff.

Exactly. I was content to just stick with my dozens of purchased guns. Now I am feeling the need to go learn how to use a CNC mill, 3D printer, and even Lego molds. This is going to get expensive. Thanks anti gunners!

TOH was how-to back when Bob VeeLAH ran it. He was a dink. He morphed from "let's find out how to do this with bushy-headed Norm" to "Look, I'm Bob Freakin VeeLAH and I wanna drive the front end loader and crash it into the side of the project."

NYW was good some of the time. I got some of the tapes, back when it was tapes. Got Norm's jig tape. Still have some of them. (The jigs.) The crosscut sled he designed was nice. Mine is still functional.

But after a few seasons, he ran out of interesting projects. It was "meh."

I don't watch TOH (and I DVR every episode) for how-to. I watch it to see what is going on. And ATOH is good for simple projects and a bit of understanding. I think Kevin is great and the guy they had between VeeLAH and Kevin was a total self-involved turd. The only thing I FF through consistently is that annoying woman landscape lady. Gosh I find her annoying. Oh, and all of the "let's see what color we want to paint the inside of our kitchen drawers" talk on TOH. FF right thru that s-word!

TOH was how-to back when Bob VeeLAH ran it. He was a dink. He morphed from "let's find out how to do this with bushy-headed Norm" to "Look, I'm Bob Freakin VeeLAH and I wanna drive the front end loader and crash it into the side of the project."

NYW was good some of the time. I got some of the tapes, back when it was tapes. Got Norm's jig tape. Still have some of them. (The jigs.) The crosscut sled he designed was nice. Mine is still functional.

But after a few seasons, he ran out of interesting projects. It was "meh."

I don't watch TOH (and I DVR every episode) for how-to. I watch it to see what is going on. And ATOH is good for simple projects and a bit of understanding. I think Kevin is great and the guy they had between VeeLAH and Kevin was a total self-involved turd. The only thing I FF through consistently is that annoying woman landscape lady. Gosh I find her annoying. Oh, and all of the "let's see what color we want to paint the inside of our kitchen drawers" talk on TOH. FF right thru that s-word!

Home | The Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill | PBS

Roy Underhill did some awesome episodes using hand-built "antique" tools.

I'm sure there ARE a bunch of 80% lowers in the state. I'm also sure most of them will remain 80% until the owners kids chuck them when cleaning out Dad's house when he went to the nursing home. Hell, I have several stripped lowers still waiting on parts to become whole. And they don't even NEED the milling!

Nailed it. If I owned an 80% or two they would remain untouched until the day all lawfully owned firearms have been confiscated and the NKVD are knocking on the door with a limo to the Gulag. Then my hypothetical 80%s would be used to take a few of them with me, Solzhenitsyn style.

Nailed it. If I owned an 80% or two they would remain untouched until the day all lawfully owned firearms have been confiscated and the NKVD are knocking on the door with a limo to the Gulag. Then my hypothetical 80%s would be used to take a few of them with me, Solzhenitsyn style.

or you could build them now while parts and jigs are available and bury in the woods until their time comes, that old Uki joke:

"father, why do you pour machine oil over flowers, they will die! Ah, f*** the flowers, I need to keep my MG rust free."

those times eventually do come.

or you could build them now while parts and jigs are available and bury in the woods until their time comes, that old Uki joke:

"father, why do you pour machine oil over flowers, they will die! Ah, f*** the flowers, I need to keep my MG rust free."

those times eventually do come.

Nah, that's just paranoia, I don't have any 80s or spare rifle parts lying around. [wink]

Last edited:
this article was on Breitbart a few days back: EXCLUSIVE -- PHOTOS: Mexican Cartel Improves Weapons Manufacturing Capabilities

basically Mexican cartels setup shops (like CNCs) to make guns ... yeah, you figure people with billions of dollars at stake, who build fleets ... fleets Karl! of submarines to smuggle shit, they can also make lots of cheap guns in some garage between a taqueria and a donkey show place.

where are we headed is Russia/Euro-style gun control with barrels and other load components controlled, i.e. barrels and bolts. There should be absolutely no compromises, no letting ATF determine shit. The angle antis are playing, since these components are not firearms, then prohibiting them is not infringing on 2a, this is the exact play they pulled on bumpstocks here in MA. Anyone who supports this (Faker) is NOT a friend of 2a.
Isnt it strange how the mass shootings exploded right after Obamas 2nd election, then suddenly died out for the first half of Trumps first year.

Back
Top Bottom