Having a hard time seating a mag with 10 rounds, slide closed in my Glock 30.

Seating a magazine with 9 rounds and the slide closed is no problem. There's a little resistance but the magazine locks into place.

Seating a 10 round magazine with the slide closed is extremely difficult. I do not want to force it in as I am afraid I may damage something. I did a test - I inserted 10 spend casing into a magazine and attempted to seat it. It seated after giving it a firm push. When I removed the magazine I noticed the top spend casing had a deep score mark running the length of the case and the mouth of the case was no longer round. I basically crushed the empty brass.

Yes, these are 10 rounds magazine and I am not interested in carrying +1. I want 10 rounds in the magazine.

Any ideas on why it is so difficult? Maybe the magazines need to be broken in? Maybe I just need to man handle it in there?

Thanks.

On Glock mags they will be stiff as hell until the spring takes the initial set. My G19 mags were basically the same way. (15 rounds was "tough" till the spring broke in. )

Load them up full of ammo and let them sit for awhile. In the interim I would just carry 9 plus 1 in the pipe.

-Mike

Load them up full of ammo and let them sit for awhile. In the interim I would just carry 9 plus 1 in the pipe.
-Mike

+1 on loading them up with 10 and letting them sit for a couple of weeks or longer. In the interim, if you really don't want one in the pipe just carry it with 9 in the mag.

-Cuz

Seating a magazine with 9 rounds and the slide closed is no problem. There's a little resistance but the magazine locks into place.

Seating a 10 round magazine with the slide closed is extremely difficult. I do not want to force it in as I am afraid I may damage something. I did a test - I inserted 10 spend casing into a magazine and attempted to seat it. It seated after giving it a firm push. When I removed the magazine I noticed the top spend casing had a deep score mark running the length of the case and the mouth of the case was no longer round. I basically crushed the empty brass.

Yes, these are 10 rounds magazine and I am not interested in carrying +1. I want 10 rounds in the magazine.

Any ideas on why it is so difficult? Maybe the magazines need to be broken in? Maybe I just need to man handle it in there?

Thanks.

This falls squarely into the "normal" category... I've owned two Glock 30s over the years, and its the nature of the beast. I'm sure you've noticed that loading all 10 rounds into the mag is kinda difficult, but it will get easier with time. You'll notice that there is a lug on the bottom of the slide that pops the top round off the mag when the slide recoils. With 10 rounds in the mag, and the lug pushing down on the loaded rounds, its a tight fit!

All semi-auto pistols have this problem to some extent. Don't be afraid to smack the mag pretty hard to get it to seat. You can also learn the "tap the gun and it loads itself" technique once you start carrying with one in the pipe.

--EasyD

My glock 30 is still stiff trying to get a 10 round mag in. At first it was damn near impossible to do but now it's only kinda impossible. Just keep loading the mag and letting it sit for a bit. It won't get any better unless you keep loading the mags every now and then.

This falls squarely into the "normal" category... I've owned two Glock 30s over the years, and its the nature of the beast. I'm sure you've noticed that loading all 10 rounds into the mag is kinda difficult, but it will get easier with time. You'll notice that there is a lug on the bottom of the slide that pops the top round off the mag when the slide recoils. With 10 rounds in the mag, and the lug pushing down on the loaded rounds, its a tight fit!

All semi-auto pistols have this problem to some extent. Don't be afraid to smack the mag pretty hard to get it to seat. You can also learn the "tap the gun and it loads itself" technique once you start carrying with one in the pipe.

--EasyD

I freaked a guy out the other day with that when I showed him that trick. He got this quizzical look on his face and said "Is it supposed to do that?". [laugh]

I had a hard time breaking in my G21 mags with 13rds, and with one in the pipe, I really had to smack it.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Back
Top Bottom