Have a BG 380 but want to switch to 9mm for CCW

I like my 380 but I'd like to only buy one type of ammo instead of stocking up on two types. That all being said any good recommendations for a good CCW in 9mm that is MA compliant?

Update

I forgot to mention I would like something small like the BG380.

Last edited:
Don't limit yourself to "ma compliant" guns. It's not hard to find guns off the Ag/eops list!

Glock 19/26, Kahr PM9, Sig p938, m&p 9c or shield... All are good choices, but it's a matter of what suits you best.

Last edited:
I don't believe you will find anything on the MA "list" in 9mm that is as small and thin as a BG380, but the Kahr PM9 is about the most compact 9mm that is approved here for retail sale. The only real downside is the price, which is in the $6-700 range at most shops, and I have seen them in the classifieds here (used) for as much as $850![rolleyes] If you look through the classifieds daily though, you can find other non-approved guns meeting your criteria, and still legal for you to own here, just not buy from a retail shop or FFL. Expect to pay at least a 1/3 markup over what they sell for in other states, though.[frown]

Nothing will be that small and light in 9mm. Get a 9mm, but keep that 380 for those times you need small.

This is true, and great advice.

I love and daily carry the SR9c, but didn't recommend it in this case because it doesn't fit his criteria. The SR9c is huge compared to the BG380, or even the PM9. The only 9mm that I know of that is almost as small as the BG is the Sig p938, but it unfortunately is not on the MA list at this time, otherwise I would have one by now for sure!

I am waiting to see if Pullman Arms will start doing their "Bod Mod" on Shields. They said they "CAN" do it on other guns, but I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig.

i carry an m&p9c daily its comfortable and doesnt show with my iwb holdster but if your looking smaller the shield is smaller but not as comfortable when shooting

Spend the money and get the Kahr PM9 best compact 9mm period. Glock is great but to thick and the Shield is just a little too big to pocket carry plus the triggers suck and the Apex kit or trigger job is another $100.00. With the "Glock inflation" and Shield trigger you in the same ballpark for the Kahr.....

Back
Top Bottom