Hassan, Chipman and NH jobs...

Today the following article was published in the Union Leader about the Chipman vote:

Alan Forbes & J.R. Hoell: ATF director nominee is gunning for NH jobs​

SEN. MAGGIE HASSAN is about to kick 6,500 of her fellow citizens in the teeth. In the near future, the U.S. Senate will vote on the confirmation of David Chipman to be director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). As recently reported, Hassan plans to support the nomination, regardless of the impact to state businesses and employees.

Chipman is an outspoken advocate for “gun violence prevention” as is Hassan. While preventing gun violence sounds like a cause, it doesn’t mean what most people think.

When liberals like Chipman and Hassan push “reducing gun violence” they are not advocating for enforcement of existing laws, of which we have plenty, nor are seeking better policing of gang-related gun violence in Chicago and Detroit. What they want are new prohibitions that only restrict the law-abiding....

Hassan is a Democrat party cult member with no will of her own. But that doesn't absolve her of blame if she votes for Chipman, the sadistic murderer of women and children.

It took an awful while to get to the point where they were describing how 6500 people were gonna lose jobs. They could have skipped all of hte Hassan and Chip-head stuff. None of it has any bearing on the current ATF moronocity.

I'm sure all of you in NH are happy you have Hassan. LOL. (Was she the one that beat the centrist republican because "NH people were protesting against a centrist being on teh ticket"????? Or was that Mean Green Jean Shaheen???? I forget.)

I'm sure all of you in NH are happy you have Hassan. LOL. (Was she the one that beat the centrist republican because "NH people were protesting against a centrist being on teh ticket"????? Or was that Mean Green Jean Shaheen???? I forget.)
IMHO, Kelly Ayotte lost to Hassan because of irregularities in voting in the college towns - particularly Durham - but more so because she distanced herself from Trump which pissed a lot of people off who then voted for neither her nor Hassan.

IMHO, Kelly Ayotte lost to Hassan because of irregularities in voting in the college towns - particularly Durham - but more so because she distanced herself from Trump which pissed a lot of people off who then voted for neither her nor Hassan.

Yet another stupid scorched-earth voting decision. "You pissed me off so I'm going to ensure we get some shit instead of you. I'd rather have things 100x worse than actually suck it up and compromise." Seems NH is full of people that make this grade-school-playground type decisions. :(

Yeah, those people can all get f***ed.

Ayotte lost because she's McCain Lite.

Ayotte got more votes in 2016 than trump did in NH. 8,000 more

trump received less votes than GOP senate candidates in most states in 2016. Ron Johnson in Wisconsin got 74,000 more than trump, Rubio 217,000, Portman in OH 277,000, etc

trump is very strong in rural areas but he is quite weak with suburban whites, especially women. He bleeds a lot of votes in the suburbs, that’s why is was close in GA where Romney won GA by 8 points in 2012. Trump did very poorly in the northern Atlanta suburbs. He did very poor in the philly suburbs, etc.

if trump is the 2024 nominee, he probably loses. He’s toxic with white educated women. He also received few votes with white men in 2020 than 2016.

Last edited:
Yet another stupid scorched-earth voting decision. "You pissed me off so I'm going to ensure we get some shit instead of you. I'd rather have things 100x worse than actually suck it up and compromise." Seems NH is full of people that make this grade-school-playground type decisions. :(

vote foe the most conservative who can win.

think a lot of people think NH can elect the same senator as Texas, Wyoming or Utah. They’re never going to elect a Ted Cruz or mike lee type as senator, ayotte is pretty close to as conservative as the state will elect.

Ayotte got more votes in 2016 than trump did in NH. 8,000 more

trump received less votes than GOP senate candidates in most states in 2016. Ron Johnson in Wisconsin got 74,000 more than trump, Rubio 217,000

trump is very strong in rural areas but he is quite weak with suburban whites, especially women

yeah. Well it seems a lot of folks north of the border like to blame and then look for “facts” that might support their angry grade-school logic.

yeah. Well it seems a lot of folks north of the border like to blame and then look for “facts” that might support their angry grade-school logic.

people often are around like minded people (their family, friends, coworkers they talk to, etc) and believe the state is filled with similar people. NH is not a hard right, conservative state. There’s a reason why George HW bush, McCain, Romney, etc do so well in the NH primary. I’d love if NH were as conservative as UT and would elect Mike Lee 2.0 but it’s not. Just like the anger toward Susan Collins, ME is a left of center state, Collins is as good as it will get. Without Collins creating a GOP majority in the senate there are MANY fewer conservatives on the federal bench

Ayotte lost because she's McCain Lite.
So the #neverayotte'ers got us. We are so much f-ing better with Hassan than Ayotte....

I don't get it. We are on a razors edge of losing this game. If the feds get the Chinese citizen monitoring tech going after they gain both houses, you can kiss your country and/or your fanboi civil war II over. You wont be able to fart next to a gun owner without the feds kicking down the door let alone planning or training to put the commies in thier places.

ETA KBcraig, this wasn't directed at you, just at the thought process of not voting for a soft R on the last ballot. It f-ing kills us.

There's NH voters for you. Willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. I lived here most of my life and still dont get it.

Wait....so you're saying that NH voters should adopt the methods/strategies/etc that have worked so well for you Mass voters for the last 50 years?

-asking for a friend.....

Where did I say I lived in Mass? Ive voted for every republican on the ballot in nh since I was 18. Even for squishy Ayotte. Because I'd take a squishy republican over a Dem any day.

You didnt.......but the argument stands does it not?
Frankly I have no idea what is going on in Mass. I try to avoid that state at all costs. I agree the college student phenomenon is a real problem. If you're not a NH resident you have no business voting in state and local elections.

There is a big problem though with conservative NH voters that let a soft republican get under their skin and decide they'd rather not vote for either or not even go to the polls.

Then we end up sending dbags like Shaheen, Hassan and Pappas to Washington because the Dems, Karens, and out of state college students vote right down the dem party line.

I know several "conservative" NH residents who pull this shit every election. My Father being one of them.

Back
Top Bottom