HARVARD OCTOBER 10 MONTHLY MATCH - RIFLE

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. That being said I may try out my stock AR15. It will be FUNny!
So Dave,
Are you going to come and play with rifles with us?????? You'll find out some of what we're talking about, if you can figure out the secret handshake. [grin]

So Dave,
Are you going to come and play with rifles with us?????? You'll find out some of what we're talking about, if you can figure out the secret handshake. [grin]

Dan- as of now that is the plan! I have a plan vanilla iron sighted AR15. It should be sighted in... I hope! I need to get the plans for the coat hanger mag holder that Mike used in Maine this weekend!

What makes this not a good first match for someone? It sounds like it would be a great time

What makes this not a good first match for someone? It sounds like it would be a great time

I think the basics of competing safely are easier with a pistol.

That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask, what's the best way to bring long guns from stage to stage?

That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask, what's the best way to bring long guns from stage to stage?

During the shooter's meeting they'll tell you how they want the rifles handled but usually they can be carried from stage to stage with an empty chamber indicator in place.

Dan- as of now that is the plan! I have a plan vanilla iron sighted AR15. It should be sighted in... I hope! I need to get the plans for the coat hanger mag holder that Mike used in Maine this weekend!

I'm selling the mag hangers. $1 per hanger for the standard model. The tactical version will have a special black coating and are used by HSLd operators around the world. They will be $45 each. How many of the tactical version can I put you down for?

I'm selling the mag hangers. $1 per hanger for the standard model. The tactical version will have a special black coating and are used by HSLd operators around the world. They will be $45 each. How many of the tactical version can I put you down for?

Tough being unemployed?

During the shooter's meeting they'll tell you how they want the rifles handled but usually they can be carried from stage to stage with an empty chamber indicator in place.

Dave,
I have an extra double stack mag pouch for ar mags if you would like to borrow it?

Dan Hurley will have to chime in on the rules. But it seems like ever year, there is always someone that puts a hole in the plate

Last year we had two stages with steel, the one with the Star and the 200/300. We'll probably have two stages again with steel.

And if anyone even hints about bringing rimfire or pistol caliber things, we're going to bring out the 1-inch thick plates and make them worth 50 points (minus 100 for a miss). And we'll have special "rimfire" scoring; "A" is worth 1 point, "B," "C," and "D" are worth zero; oh, and the "Rimfire/Pistol-caliber/Cowboy Rifle" division entry fee is $200.

Seriously, I completely understand that rifle ammo is ridiculously expensive and I wish that there was light at the end of the tunnel. But this is only once a year so let's go out and find a pair and strap 'em on. It would be very difficult to score a fair rifle match if some competitors are using ammunition that isn't on the same scale. Folks asked for a Rifle Match and we're going to do our best to make it a good one; so let's all bring a rifle.

I think the basics of competing safely are easier with a pistol.

I am not a member of the club, BUT, this is a USPSA match so I imagine it will be run according to USPSA rules.

5.2 Carry And Storage, Competitor Equipment
5.2.1 Carry and Storage – Except when within the boundaries of a safety
area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range
Officer, competitors must carry their firearm unloaded in a gun case,
gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person (see
Rule 10.5.1). The competitor’s long guns must be unloaded and carried
or stored in one of the following conditions (see Rule 10.5.1).
5.2.1.1 Competitors must use a chamber safety flag, or device, that is
clearly visible externally to the gun or carry in a case at all times
when the rifle is not in use (except whilst carrying out the activities
permitted under Rule 2.4.1 and 5.2.2).
5.2 1.2 Carried/shouldered or slung from the shoulder with the rifle reasonably
vertical. Match Directors may require this to be "vertically
upwards" or "vertically downwards" providing this is made
clear to all competitors in a reasonable manner
5.2.1.3 Carried in a slip or case (it is preferred that the rifle is carried
reasonably vertical). Alternatively, the rifle may be transported
or stored without a slip or case, whether or not reasonably vertical,
in a mobile rack or carrier, provided the firearm complies
with Rule 5.2.1and is only placed or removed under the supervision
of a Range Officer, or while in a Safety Area, or when
being transferred directly to/from a staging area as described in
Rule 5.2.2.
5.2.1.4 Under no circumstances, except when under the supervision of,
and in response to a direct instruction issued by a Range Officer,
will the rifle be loaded (see Rule 10.5.13) or have empty detachable
magazines fitted except that a competitor may practice the
insertion and removal of empty detachable magazines while in a
Safety Area.

Seriously, I completely understand that rifle ammo is ridiculously expensive and I wish that there was light at the end of the tunnel. But this is only once a year so let's go out and find a pair and strap 'em on. It would be very difficult to score a fair rifle match if some competitors are using ammunition that isn't on the same scale. Folks asked for a Rifle Match and we're going to do our best to make it a good one; so let's all bring a rifle.

Will all the stages have steel or just one like last year? If there's a lot of steel, I might use the M1 carbine because I have plenty of non-steel ammo for it (ammo for it is not cheap) - and yes, it's a rifle cartridge. Money's so tight at the moment that I don't think I can afford 250 rounds of quality .223 in that timeframe, all I have is Silver Bear, Wolf, and Tula, all of which attract a magnet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom