HARVARD OCTOBER 10 MONTHLY MATCH - RIFLE

AAAh I have been waiting for a good rifle match like this!! But of course I have a wedding to go to!!! things never fall on my days off I cant catch a break when it comes to shooting events! Have fun all I wish I was going to be there

AAAh I have been waiting for a good rifle match like this!! But of course I have a wedding to go to!!! things never fall on my days off I cant catch a break when it comes to shooting events! Have fun all I wish I was going to be there

Unless it is your wedding, you are an un necessary part of the mix and even then it would be questionable [rofl] Ask Rob B what he did on his wedding day [wink]

Thanks Dan, I always enjoy shooting with you. now, I just gotta figure out what I have to hold all those 10 round mags [shocked]
I may grab some injection-molded crappy pouches, or may be reloading out of pockets[grin]. One in the gun, two in the left pocket one in the rear left pocket. Might just be enough!

Bass River is having a combo rifle/pistol match 10/3. You don't have to shoot both. New Bedford is having their rifle match 11/28.
For USPSA and Steel Challenge matches check this link;
http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.asp

I'm extremely tempted to go M1 carbine. I don't even know if it's a legal caliber.

Most likely the AR. Then again, the AK would be fun.

Decisions...

I'm extremely tempted to go M1 carbine. I don't even know if it's a legal caliber.

Most likely the AR. Then again, the AK would be fun.

Decisions...

I'm no expert, but when I read the rules a few days ago, it occurred to me that .30 carbine would make power factor easy. At the distances we're at, it might be better than 5.56.

I don't know how it would do knocking down steel.

how is it going to be better than 5.56?

Lower recoil, still minor power factor?

To be clear, I don't know what I'm talking about, but at less than 100 yards, wouldn't such pistol-caliber carbines be about as good or better than a 5.56 round? Maybe except for steel?

Last edited:
Nope, a .223 will have less recoil, especially a properly set up one. my 9mm AR has a ton more recoil than my .223.

Interesting. I learned something. Thanks!

A 5.56 round has 3.5-sh kg*m/s momentum, whereas a .30 carbine has 4.3-ish. Thus, I guess it's obvious that it would have more recoil, had I thought about it. Oops.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. That being said I may try out my stock AR15. It will be FUNny!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. That being said I may try out my stock AR15. It will be FUNny!

I think I have it down to either the M-16A1 forgery, M-16A2 forgery, an M1 carbine, or the WASR (all most likely with irons). Most likely the first, but I'm keeping my options open.

I think I have it down to either the M-16A1 forgery, M-16A2 forgery, an M1 carbine, or the WASR (all most likely with irons). Most likely the first, but I'm keeping my options open.

Whatever you shoot, just make sure there is no steel in the bullet

Last edited:
Will all the stages have steel? Last year only one stage had steel targets. Steel wasn't an issue on the other 6.

Yeah, I understand the need to protect the steel. However, last year I saved my limited amount of XM193 for the steel stage and used Silver Bear on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom