Harvard Appleseed Sept 14-15

Great! We're signed up already, but I was a little disappointed when I brought them down to the basement and got them set up for prone with their mats and elbow braces (they've only shot off the bench at the range so far) and they had a lot of difficulty with the position, especially the sling. But we'll be there, hoping for some nice fall weather and some great shooting (and I've got to scavenge for .22 for 4 people!)

Thanks!

Three shooters earned patches on Sunday afternoon... Navy guy and Laura (she scored higher then her hubby!!) both scored Rifleman twice and joined the Orange Hats!!
Another guy (with glasses who had trouble with his Ruger earlier in the day) got his patch with a score of exactly 210 points- enough to make it. Matt explained the tradition is that whoever scores exactly 210 gets thrown in a lake....bottle of water over the head had to do at Harvard!!
It was a good time... just remember to score at least a 211 [grin]

Ha. i didn't realize this thread was still going.

Laura is my wife. i am SOOO glad she got a patch. This is her 3rd Appleseed. We've only ever gone on Saturday. Its just too much time away from the kids for her to go both days. . . . until this weekend.

She was so close on Saturday that I pushed her to go Sunday. We were both glad she went. I scored a 224 on Sat on my first timed AQT. She scored a 235 on Sunday. She really had a great time. We'll be going to the Oct one at Harvard. Probably on Sunday, more shooting and less instruction.

Thanks again to all the volunteers. I have to say, it was particularly touching to have some of the history told to us by, a gentleman who was born and raised in Russia. It reminded me of how much we all take for granted.

Don

Back
Top Bottom