Harvard 5/13

Just got back from HSC. While I was there I checked out the set up for tomorrow's match. Looks like a lot of fun from what I could see (none of the cardboard targets are up) but beware; you will be facing a mover and my nemesis, the Texas Star.

Well, that means I should provide plenty of entertainment for my squadmates. [laugh]

What is the typical round count for the match?

Last edited:
From the set up it appears that we will be shooting at least five stages. 150 rounds should do it, so I will be bringing at least 200. As I mentioned earlier, the Texas Star is my downfall.

Gammon said:
From the set up it appears that we will be shooting at least five stages. 150 rounds should do it, so I will be bringing at least 200. As I mentioned earlier, the Texas Star is my downfall.

Thanks, that is about what I figured. I've got about 300 in my range bag.

What a day, bit long and the sun was shining hot but made it though. First time on the Star was a thrill and then the moving target uggh only 14 if I remember correctly hahah but I put about 8 of those in the head- HAHA

It was a fun match. Oddly enough, the stage that had me the most worried, stage 1, was the stage I did the best on. Go figure.

Thanks to all the ROs.

ETA: Thanks for the correction, Rob.

Last edited:
beware; you will be facing a mover and my nemesis, the Texas Star.

I'm not sure how, but I had all 24 hits on the mover
The Texas star kicked my but
Gladly my friend Mike never showed up
and I added another C to my collection of classifiers

Good day, finished middle of the pack as usual, had a couple hiccups over the course of the day (Mike and No Shoot) but otherwise not too shabby for me. Got some video of me shooting Stage 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool video, mlaboss! That looks like a lot of fun. Gratz to everyone who had a good day at the range.

First time for my son and he had a great time. I enjoyed it even just sitting there watching him. Great squad and he learned a lot. First time with a moving target and a texas star. Thanks to everyone who helped him out and coached him along with the suggestions.

Great match yesterday, as always at Harvard.

Whoever was running the palm for my squad on stage 4 neglected to click "done" after my scores were entered. I have no score for stage 4 in the final results. I would have had a much better standing in the results if the points I earned for that stage were included. [frown]

Damn Matt that's a bummer. I think that could have pushed you to 2nd place depending on points. Ughh.

That sux Matt. At least you got to shoot it though... The mover was our last stage and when we got there, lets just say they were backed up. I'm pretty sure I was home before my squad started shooting it. Oh well. At least my 'no-score' was my choice. It stinks when you have a good run and it doesn't count. But it can happen on paper too, so not a 'palm' problem per se, rather an operator error. Still sucks.

You know, we're all human (at least most of us are), and occasionally make mistakes. Missed times, or 'not hitting done', or any other number of things can go wrong from time to time. I'm still thankful to all those who put on matches, those that step up to help out, and those who come out and play. I always say Action Shooter are the best folks out there.

You know, we're all human (at least most of us are), and occasionally make mistakes. Missed times, or 'not hitting done', or any other number of things can go wrong from time to time. I'm still thankful to all those who put on matches, those that step up to help out, and those who come out and play. I always say Action Shooter are the best folks out there.

Yup I agree. Was just a little bummed out. But that was yesterday. I always appreciate all the work all of you guys running matches do so we can have fun.

Great match yesterday, as always at Harvard.

Whoever was running the palm for my squad on stage 4 neglected to click "done" after my scores were entered. I have no score for stage 4 in the final results. I would have had a much better standing in the results if the points I earned for that stage were included. [frown]

Dang. Sorry about that, Matt. We'll have to make it up to you somehow. Maybe give you a free shoot at the June match. (Then we'd be even for the extra $20 that Dave gave us to delete your score.)

Dang. Sorry about that, Matt. We'll have to make it up to you somehow. Maybe give you a free shoot at the June match. (Then we'd be even for the extra $20 that Dave gave us to delete your score.)

Maybe you can just let me have that nice black custom built STI for when I go back to shooting limited again. [wink]

No sweat. At the end of the day the prizes are all the same. And no need for a free shoot. I had a great time at the match as usual and appreciate the work you guys put in for us to enjoy. Besides... Lugnut needs to beat me once in a while! [shocked]

See you at the July match. I have a conflict in June - my little man's first B-Day! [party]

Last edited:

Ahhh Dan- now that was a real funny post! You made me laugh on a day that hasn't been easy- thank you.

As far as Matt- he's been beating me this year consistently- he knows how he did on Sunday and the world doesn't NEED to see that he beat me again anyway. :) Or maybe he zeroed that stage??? Hmmmm

Ahhh Dan- now that was a real funny post! You made me laugh on a day that hasn't been easy- thank you.

As far as Matt- he's been beating me this year consistently- he knows how he did on Sunday and the world doesn't NEED to see that he beat me again anyway. :) Or maybe he zeroed that stage??? Hmmmm

it gave me a little chuckle too

Back
Top Bottom