Hard to find surplus slings

SKS Ray

NES Member
I'm fanatical about all my rifles having slings. I think at last count there were only 5 that didn't have slings on them and 2 of them are Turkish Mauser rifles. For some reason finding correct Turk Mauser slings with the thong tie ends is next to impossible. Once in a while one pops up on Ebay.
Brings to mind another sling thats eluded me for ages. Argentine Mauser slings!
Now and then one will show up on Ebay but these things can fetch prices over $100.
Brazillian Mauser (Gew 98) slings are fairly hard to find as well.
But its all part of the fun of collecting.

Anyone else have slings they've been looking for?

Most of my milsurps don't have slings. My Enfield came with a M1907 style sling that I just took off and put on my M1. One of my M1 carbines has a repro sling. I have an M39 sling but can't figure out how to put it on. Most of my Mosins have the dog collar slings. The K31s, Enfield, 1917, the other M1 carbines, a couple of mosins, and the K98 do not.

My latest K98 arrived on Thursday with a sling. Took it off and threw it in the pile with the rest. I'm not going to be marching with these rifles and they only get in the way at the range. [smile]

regards....roger

My latest K98 arrived on Thursday with a sling. Took it off and threw it in the pile with the rest. I'm not going to be marching with these rifles and they only get in the way at the range. [smile]

regards....roger

Seems that a lot of people use their slings to assist their shooting at the range. If you attend an Appleseed shoot, they pretty much require a sling.

Still, if you have any Mosin Nagant, Enfield, or Schmidt Rubin Slings in the pile, I'd be interested in talking to you about buying a few.

Gary

regards....roger

::cough:: Member's Karma giveaways ::cough:: [smile]

Or list them for sale in the classifieds. I'm sure someone will buy them.

BTW, if its an actual K98 sling with buckle and keeper, its worth about $75. If its just the Yugoslavian style one with keeper and brass stud, its worth about $5.

Seems that a lot of people use their slings to assist their shooting at the range. If you attend an Appleseed shoot, they pretty much require a sling.

Still, if you have any Mosin Nagant, Enfield, or Schmidt Rubin Slings in the pile, I'd be interested in talking to you about buying a few.

Gary

I do the same with bayonets. Everything is marked as to what came with what since the value will be increased if I include them with the rifle if I ever sell it. It's not that I don't want them [grin] They just get in the way when I do load development using a front rest at the range. [wink]

regards....roger

::cough:: Member's Karma giveaways ::cough:: [smile]

Or list them for sale in the classifieds. I'm sure someone will buy them.

BTW, if its an actual K98 sling with buckle and keeper, its worth about $75. If its just the Yugoslavian style one with keeper and brass stud, its worth about $5.

That particular sling was of the Yugo variety [sad]

regards....roger

Back
Top Bottom