Harassed by the NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NRA has called me every day for the last 2 + weeks, even though I have asked them to stop calling me several times. I am a member, but they are looking for more money. My 2A money goes to Comm2A and SAF. The little prick who called me tonight was super aggressive. I am about to peel the NRA sticker off my truck.

And once again, this time with feeling,

Call them wit your member number handy and tell them to remove you from their marketing list. Have them send you your dues and magazine and that's all. One quick call makes all the crap go away.

Call them wit your member number handy and tell them to remove you from their marketing list. Have them send you your dues and magazine and that's all. One quick call makes all the crap go away.

Shouldn't have to do that in the first place. They're setting themselves up for failure if they keep it up.

I have told them to remove me from their call list at least 8 times in the last 14 days. I should have to call a special number? Screw that. I'm out of the NRA.

I don't answer my phone from unknown numbers. The calls stop within a month this includes all telemarketers. Use caller id to your advantage.

The amount of email I receive from them is ridiculous, luckily, the snail mail / calls do not happen (yet?).

If it wasn't a requirement of my club, I would not have given them money.

I've never gotten a call from the NRA... maybe a few calls a year from SAF

I do however get nearly daily emails from GOA which are starting to get annoying....

i agree this does not help their, and by extension, our cause. I get the stupid calls asking for blank check donations. Its really a turn off considering im a lifetime member. Unfortunately its all subcontracted companies calling for the additional contributions. New members have been signing up in record numbers. It makes them look bad panhandling in this manner at this time

I spent 5 mins 15 years ago placing one call to a polite person telling them not to market to me. I get my American hunter mag and a voting note once a year. It takes less time to stop the marketing crap than it does to reply here.

Not saying it is right, but you can end it real quick.

I spent 5 mins 15 years ago placing one call to a polite person telling them not to market to me. I get my American hunter mag and a voting note once a year. It takes less time to stop the marketing crap than it does to reply here.

It takes 5 minutes to make a call, but only 30 seconds to complain on the internet.

The must be doing something right: http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/democratic-donor-launches-website-stop-nra

They called me daily for weeks a while back. I finall got someone on the phone and told them to stop calling or m y renewal would not be forthcoming. Knociing on wood I haven't heard from them since. Ront

Caller ID is your friend.

I'm certain they spent more on the crap they mailed me in the last year than I paid in my membership fee. My grandfather was in the printing business, and if any organization he donated to started sending him 4 color glossy mailings he would stop donating figuring they were wasting his money. Maybe I'll start doing the same.

I don't get crap from anyone, so there must be away to opt out.

Another strategy that works well is putting bogus info in for your phone/email. [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this but the whole thing- calls begging for money constantly and sending garbage to members in the mail... doesn't do them any favors, I'll tell you that much.

-Mike

Life member for 27 years, get an occasional fund raising request in the mail, but have never been actually called on the phone for donations.

They use outside companies to make the calls and they are not able to affect your membership account.

YOU CALL THEM at their main number and tell them to stop AND THEY WILL !

^
This
It's a company they hire out.
If they are being overly aggressive, let NRA know.
It'll stop.

I gave them a donation and then the calls started. I had them put me on the do not call list and only go one more call before they stopped.

Does not make sense but I told them that I would donate but to send me a letter in the mail as I did not want to do the credit card thing. They sent the letter, I have not donated and have not received a phone call since :)
does not make sense but that somehow stopped their madness.

I spent 5 mins 15 years ago placing one call to a polite person telling them not to market to me. I get my American hunter mag and a voting note once a year. It takes less time to stop the marketing crap than it does to reply here. Not saying it is right, but you can end it real quick.

Yeah but your not special, you handle things like an adult rather than a me centered whiny man-baby. I'm guessing that the whiny boyz are under a certain age and don't realize that without the NRA we would be at the same level of gun control as the UK, Australia or maybe even China. Any foreign shooter I've ever talked to has told me (sorry for being anecdotal) that we should be very thankful we had an NRA and wished they had something like that in their country.

But as we all know the NRA is just a bunch of old white money grubbin' Fudds that lobby congress and promote marksmanship and safety and stuff. They aren't like a bunch of folks who just get on some Internet forum and complain 'bout stuff. Why how dare they call ME? How dare they expect ME to call a special number? I'm too busy dusting off my participation trophies. Ah yes, the future of gun ownership in Amerika [thinking]

It takes 5 minutes to make a call, but only 30 seconds to complain on the internet.

this.

i don't know how they got the address, but they sent me stuff at work attn: me. a cool co-worker found it and gave it to me, gave them a quick call and politely told them the address they had on file was for my job--in massachusetts, and that "the kind of folks down here wouldn't appreciate these kinds of mailings." she laughed, i laughed, the mail stopped.

just call 'em, folks.

Yeah but your not special, you handle things like an adult rather than a me centered whiny man-baby. I'm guessing that the whiny boyz are under a certain age and don't realize that without the NRA we would be at the same level of gun control as the UK, Australia or maybe even China. Any foreign shooter I've ever talked to has told me (sorry for being anecdotal) that we should be very thankful we had an NRA and wished they had something like that in their country.

But as we all know the NRA is just a bunch of old white money grubbin' Fudds that lobby congress and promote marksmanship and safety and stuff. They aren't like a bunch of folks who just get on some Internet forum and complain 'bout stuff. Why how dare they call ME? How dare they expect ME to call a special number? I'm too busy dusting off my participation trophies. Ah yes, the future of gun ownership in Amerika [thinking]

Can you read? I'm a cry baby for getting irritated when an organization which I pay to belong to calls me repeatedly after being asked again and again to stop? I should have to hunt down some special number because they've assigned someone to call me who can't handle that simple request? What exactly does this situation have to do with the NRA's effect on gun control? The answer to that question is nothing, but I guess that's beyond your power of reasoning.

Can you read? I'm a cry baby for getting irritated when an organization which I pay to belong to calls me repeatedly after being asked again and again to stop? I should have to hunt down some special number because they've assigned someone to call me who can't handle that simple request? What exactly does this situation have to do with the NRA's effect on gun control? The answer to that question is nothing, but I guess that's beyond your power of reasoning.

The short answer is yes. Complaining on the internet does not solve your problem. Making a phone call does.

Last edited:
I do this as well. If they leave a voice mail and it's legit, I call right back. If they don't, I don't answer and look up the number on google. If they call more than twice or I think it's a harassing call, I log into my account and block them.

I don't answer my phone from unknown numbers. The calls stop within a month this includes all telemarketers. Use caller id to your advantage.

Never harrassed by the NRA but definitely GOAL. Well at least the insurance company to which GOAL sells it's new member lists. Life insurance, IIRC. Must have had 4 or 5 calls and then I finally accepted their offer to meet.

I agreed to meet the insurance sales rep at some local Starbucks or whatever. The guy never showed up. No call. Tried to call him, didn't answer.

I ended up reporting it to GOAL. Not sure what happened out of it.

Never harrassed by the NRA but definitely GOAL. Well at least the insurance company to which GOAL sells it's new member lists. Life insurance, IIRC. Must have had 4 or 5 calls and then I finally accepted their offer to meet.

I agreed to meet the insurance sales rep at some local Starbucks or whatever. The guy never showed up. No call. Tried to call him, didn't answer.

I ended up reporting it to GOAL. Not sure what happened out of it.

I think I remember hearing that GOAL dropped the insurance thing. I may be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom