Harassed by the NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't answer my phone from unknown numbers. The calls stop within a month this includes all telemarketers. Use caller id to your advantage.
This is what I do too. Caller ID helps you ID who you want to talk to and who you don't.

This is what I do too. Caller ID helps you ID who you want to talk to and who you don't.

Makes you waste time looking at your phone, annoying rings, etc.... I'd rather the thing not ring at all.

-Mike

I sent the NRA a scathing email after the constitutional carry was shot down in NH due to their possible meddling and/or GONH (the state NRA affiliate) being dumb. It was pretty bad, like telling them to DIAF bad (but not so direct).

I haven't heard a peep from the NRA since. I'm even a member (associate, $10 per year) since the range I belong to requires it.

F the NRA. They don't do dick for people in MA so they can suck mine.

And I don't want to hear the whole argument about how MA is so anti and they don't get enough revenues from people in MA to justify spending back on MA...that's the whole f*cking point! Anti 2A is a like a cancer and you treat cancer where it starts, where it's most aggressive. Instead the NRA treats some lymph node in texas when MA has a Stage 4 brain tumor.

Makes you waste time looking at your phone, annoying rings, etc.... I'd rather the thing not ring at all.

-Mike

Once in a rare while I actually want to talk with someone and I recently got some wireless phones that have talking caller ID so I just have to listen to the caller ID instead of getting up to look at it.
I would prefer that it would ring much less often though.

F the NRA. They don't do dick for people in MA so they can suck mine. And I don't want to hear the whole argument about how MA is so anti and they don't get enough revenues from people in MA to justify spending back on MA...that's the whole f*cking point! Anti 2A is a like a cancer and you treat cancer where it starts, where it's most aggressive. Instead the NRA treats some lymph node in texas when MA has a Stage 4 brain tumor.

This is not accurate. I know of at least one rifle range that would be history if the NRA hadn't jumped in and helped out. They also do a lot around managing competition stuff, junior programs, education and coaching, etc. Being a national organization they tend to leave more local stuff to their local affiliates, which is as it should be, but they do jump in when and where it makes sense.

They also keep the Rosenthal crowd wrapped around the axles, which is valuable in and of itself.

The short answer is yes. Complaining on the internet does not solve your problem. Making a phone call does.

This is a forum FILLED with NRA members. You don't think this is a relevant topic here? If you hadn't noticed, you're the only ass-hole who decided to turn this in to an opportunity to act like a tough guy.

They use outside companies to make the calls and they are not able to affect your membership account.

YOU CALL THEM at their main number and tell them to stop AND THEY WILL !

I've read this "How to Stop" information many times here on NES. Any group that receives a donation from you will continue to contact you by mail or phone asking for more of your generosity. I've given to the USO and darned if I didn't get mail asking for more. Same thing with Big Brother-Big Sister. Jimmy Fund, Dana Farber, Susan G. Komen Fund. I could go on and on. If the NRA is the only organization bugging you for donations, instead of complaining here, just call them and ask them to stop calling, stop mailing, they will.
Best regards.

During a recent promotion, and with the help of an NESer, I became a life member. I also signed up my son. We're both at the same house and I only gave them one phone number for each of us. They call once in a while and I donate when I can. They aren't pestering me. If they were I would tell them to take me off the list.
Bottom line; Walk down the street. Ask any person you see one simple question. "What organization is most active in protecting the rights of gun owners in the United States of America?"
I think you know where I'm going with this but if you want to take it a step further. Call any anti gun politician. Ask them one simple question. "What organization presents the biggest hurdle in your quest to implement more gun laws?"
Do you get it yet?????

This is a forum FILLED with NRA members. You don't think this is a relevant topic here? If you hadn't noticed, you're the only ass-hole who decided to turn this in to an opportunity to act like a tough guy.

Since you asked, I think it's a topic that's been re-hashed here at least a dozen times and always with the same answer, which sort of detracts from it's ongoing relevance.

A couple of things: complaining on an internet forum is not going to solve YOUR problem. That is what you are complaining about. Resorting to ad hominem attacks i.e. calling me an ******* is really poor form and is a sign of anger and emotional immaturity. To show such hostility towards a fellow gun owner and defender of the 2A is really bad form, not to mention a green member, but we all know what a friendly bunch we are on NES...right? One of the successes of the other side, is they tend to put their petty squabbles aside. I honestly don't know if I am a tough guy, but I certainly am a mature guy, and hopefully an adult guy and unlike yourself, when I have a problem, don't rush to the internet to complain about it, I actually try to solve it. Seems pretty simple to me: call the NRA and ask them not to contact you anymore.

You have allowed yourself the luxury of anger which has only compounded your immaturity. I am not going to turn this into some kind of flame war, or to provide the "usual suspects" with entertainment. Rather, I feel rather sadly that I have to call to task another Green Member who might even love guns more than myself and who supports the concepts of freedom and liberty, and who sadly misdirected, decided to complain rather than act on an issue that must really cause him considerable distress. Most unfortunate, indeed.

The NRA has called me every day for the last 2 + weeks, even though I have asked them to stop calling me several times. I am a member, but they are looking for more money. My 2A money goes to Comm2A and SAF. The little prick who called me tonight was super aggressive. I am about to peel the NRA sticker off my truck.

they've never called me... 'course i gave them martha coakley's phone# when i signed up.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom