• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hanson Rod & Gun, MG shoot & Gunshow, May 26&27 2007

Any idea how the ammunition shortage/price increase will impact on MG shoots? I've been shooting at the Westfield MG shoot (presently canceled) and I've noticed 5.56 and 7.62 is "out of stock" or doubled, tripled in price. Will the belt fed boys be at Hanson burning up $$$ and whatever they've left? Or are many not coming? The rentals will probably be forced to increase their prices beyond the pocketbook of ordinary folks. Any comments? This been even addressed?

The club got tired of doing all the bull work while the promoter pocketed the profits. As far as I know, it may be renegotiated. It might be better postponed a year or so until the ammunition situation changes. Not all MG shooters are rich (I ain't).

security boy...i see you got some nice lookin chicas on the myspace page...definately an incentive to go!!

haha...i will be there...not sure which day yet though!

Any idea how the ammunition shortage/price increase will impact on MG shoots? I've been shooting at the Westfield MG shoot (presently canceled) and I've noticed 5.56 and 7.62 is "out of stock" or doubled, tripled in price. Will the belt fed boys be at Hanson burning up $$$ and whatever they've left? Or are many not coming? The rentals will probably be forced to increase their prices beyond the pocketbook of ordinary folks. Any comments? This been even addressed?

Two perspectives...

#1 my response as a shoot organizer > We have a waiting list of people who want line possitions, so the "ammo shortage" really shouldn't have much affect on MG shoots...The shoot will definately go on with a full line and plenty of ammo...

#2 my response as an MG owner/shooter > we buy our ammo in bulk as in dozens of cases at a time, months if not years in advance...when I see cheap quality ammo I buy it whether I need it at the time or not (yes thats can include calibers of guns I don't have)...my "prices" this year will be the same they have been the last 7 years I've been a part of hanson...Sure some venders might have to go up a little but I wouldn't expect anything major...

also...mistress carrie is on the myspace page...any chance of gettin her there for the shoot??? she went over to iraq and is a huge supporter of leo/military so maybe she could help our cause???

security boy...i see you got some nice lookin chicas on the myspace page...definately an incentive to go!!

haha...i will be there...not sure which day yet though!

I think the myspace page was a great idea, definitely gets the word out. Plus its fun trying to ID people on the friend's list to the posters here. Last I checked the top 8, Mistress Carrie was on top of me. [laugh]

ok thanks!
KCR night shoot video I love this one

WHHHHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is absolutely awesome! There is no doubt in my mind that I'm applying for my Class III when I move to NH. I'll go broke, but I'll find a way! [grin]

What is exploding down range? I assume the flames are range debris catching on fire from the tracers, but there's some pretty big fireballs as well.

Is the shoot still going to happen?
I heard some talk about it possibly being canceled. I had a great time there last year and am looking forward to this year if it's still on.

Fooped, NOTHING to apply for in NH. You want Class 3 weapons, just file the Form 4 (IIRC) with local chief, send paperwork with $200 tax to Feds and wait.

NH only has a CCW handgun permit. NO other permits required for anything else (not sure about powder/ammo storage however, you'd need to check their fire codes).

WHHHHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is absolutely awesome! There is no doubt in my mind that I'm applying for my Class III when I move to NH. I'll go broke, but I'll find a way! [grin]

What is exploding down range? I assume the flames are range debris catching on fire from the tracers, but there's some pretty big fireballs as well.

55 gal drums filled with #2 fuel oil and a little dynamite. Apparently you're supposed to fire until you hit the dynamite inside the drum. The woods do catch fire from the ricocheting tracers if it's been dry. [smile]

55 gal drums filled with #2 fuel oil and a little dynamite. Apparently you're supposed to fire until you hit the dynamite inside the drum. The woods do catch fire from the ricocheting tracers if it's been dry. [smile]

Now THAT'S good quality entertainment right there! [smile]

Question: Can I bring my own gear (non-Class III) and ammo, or can we only rent from the vendors? Are there "open" firing lines? It wasn't clear from the website.

A few of my friends want to go for a casual shoot, as well as try out the machine guns. I was hoping to bring along my gear, too. I'm hoping we can do it all in one place.

MG's are fun, but so are semis.

Last edited:
All of the dealers/persons there will charge per magazine or number of rounds per belt etc...
Look to spend 25.00 +or- per mag or 1.00 per round per belt these are estimated prices only.
Come down and try out one of the only drum fed full auto shotguns around!!!!!
The company I work with, Autoburst Technologies has a Daewoo full auto 12 ga. and we will be demo/renting it for 25.00 per drum!!!
See what a FA 12 ga. is like! Not a common thing, I don't think you will see any other shotguns like that there.

MG Shoot Update

Just a quick update...and oportunity to answer some of the questions posted in this thread...

1. The shoot is this weekend and weather is looking great, so hope to see many of you there. (To answer some speculation/internet rumors/etc. The shoot IS NOT CANCELED, and will go on as scheduled).

2. No if you (or a friend) doesn't have a line possition, you CAN NOT bring your own guns...there are NO open possitions...if you own MG's and want to be put on the waiting list for future shoots.

3. Gate admission is $10, rentals typically start at around $10-15 for 9mm sub guns and go up to $100 for time on the mini guns...

OK, well hope to see you guys there...I likely won't be on line much till after the shoot...

The shoot was well-attended this morning. The wait was primarily a function of a particularly popular gun; however, pretty much all vendors had M-16's, Uzi's, etc. If one side had a line, go to the other.

What DID change from last year is:

1. Signage - MUCH better than last year;

2. Parking - there was none. Go to the T station and wait for the free shuttle bus;

3. Shooter control - read: Two people holding you (literally, if the gun is not on a mount) while you shoot. I think it excessive, but I'm used to running with a loaded handgun with just an RO behind me to make sure I don't do something really stupid. I couldn't even sight the M-2 well because one handler had his thumb blocking the front sight.

Also, more vehicles - an M-24 tank and a command vehicle.

Bring $$$$$$$$$$$ ! The GE Minigun will turn your $ 200 into a s***-eating grin and a pile of smoking brass in just 20 seconds.

I was in the first safety class this morning. One of the first on the range. Been trying to wipe the grin off my face all day. My wife thinks I am up to something! What a blast. I spent $100. between a MG42 which ended up not working. two different guns even! So I tried an M60 and a Thompson. I can feel a Class III coming my way.

Just a reminder It will be going tommorow as well 11:30 to 4:00. Stop by I'm next to security boy and we would happy to see you stop by. If you want to shoot something diffrent got a HK 51B this is a hand held belt fed 308. Hope to see you all there and thanks for comming. Trigger

Last edited:
That HK 51B is the balls!

We were standing next to it when he was shooting it and some of the guys said it was too loud but it gave me a chub.

It's next on my list!!!!!

I WILL have one... I WILL have one....I WILL have one......There, Ive said it three times, don't I get my wish?????

Twas a blast....

LEO and RSOs were in abundance, and all was well.

Not as busy last year, but that works for everyone.
The MG42 was a little b***** today and didn't work in 8mm, but when converted to .308 worked okay.

I'm with P3llc/DT at the far left of the range when you go to shoot.

The good news was that waits were minimal. (Unless you wanted to shoot the BAR right before the lunch break and the "LEO Demonstration".)

Uh, for those "on the job" what did you think of the demonstration?

Mike

While not "on the job," I too have a question:

What's up with the milk bottle target? Is Hood now an al-Queda corporate front, launching a calcium attack?

"STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE SYRUP!"

MPTC mandated that all police qualifications be done only with the Q-targets (the milk-bottles) after the 1998 gun law went into effect. Even though LE is exempt, the MCOPA wanted to be "PC"!!

Pardon me while I go [puke2]

Back
Top Bottom