• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hanson Rod & Gun, Do they still do Sunday morning breakfast?

Pilgrims Pride

NES Member
Does anyone know if they still do the breakfast there?
I was a member BC (before children) in fact I worked in the kitchen on sundays for a few years.
Had some great fun and met some great folks.
My son is showing interest in shooting now and I'd like to bring him up.
YA I need some fun too!

I'm hungry right now. Somebody cook me something and bring it over as I'm too lazy to be bothered driving anywhere. Hurry up! I'm starving! [rofl] [wink]

C-pher, we do the same thing on Sundays at Braintree R&P. ~20-35 people (a lot of old timers) stop in for breakfast, chat with their friends and then head home each Sunday. Prices and item list are posted in the clubhouse, but I can't tell you what and how much. If you posted this on Friday, I would have written the info down yesterday when I was there all day.

I know that you guys do that..but how does it work?

I've been thinking of starting up the same at Mansfield.

Can you give me some ideas of cost and such? And what's offered?

One of the good guys at MRA does Sunday breakfast. I do believe it's $4 and you get eggs, homefries, bacon and an english muffin. (Of course you can add or subtract items but that's the basic breakfast and basic cost)

Pretty much John makes the potatoes and bacon in bulk and toasts up the muffin while he does your egg to order. He has a list that you sign in with your name and what you want, he just goes down the list and hollers your name when your food is done.

It's fun social time. And John is the coolest because he's very "Vegetarian-aware" he reminds me not to eat the potatoes and makes my eggs separately so that they don't get bacon grease on them. I love that guy... [grin]

One of the good guys at MRA does Sunday breakfast. I do believe it's $4 and you get eggs, homefries, bacon and an english muffin. (Of course you can add or subtract items but that's the basic breakfast and basic cost)

Four bucks? Holy crap, that's not bad at all...

But I was just thinking of doing scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, or breakfast sandwich or something.

I don't want to have to worry about over easy, sunnyside up, over soft, etc...

Just here's your egg and eat it. LOL!

I just want to help raise some money for the indoor range.

At BR&P the menu has ~4 choices plus side orders, start ~$4 and go as high as $6 IIRC. Each order is "custom" made. I'm not sure that "one size fits all" will go over big.

Other problem with MF&G is that with no indoor range (yet) there is no incentive for folks to come, eat and hang out all Sunday morning. At BR&P people watch the TV (sat dish) and/or can shoot indoors before noon.

That's why I wanted to know interest from last months meeting...

I don't think that people need a range to hang out and talk to each other...

But until we try, we'll never know...

If I'm correct, Hanson doesn't have a TV, but it does have an Indoor range. And that one doesn't open early on Sunday's because of the Breakfast.

If I remember that right...

Pretty much John makes the potatoes and bacon in bulk and toasts up the muffin while he does your egg to order. He has a list that you sign in with your name and what you want, he just goes down the list and hollers your name when your food is done.

It's fun social time. And John is the coolest because he's very "Vegetarian-aware" he reminds me not to eat the potatoes and makes my eggs separately so that they don't get bacon grease on them. I love that guy... [grin]

I'm not a member...but considering it. Could I stop by on Sunday for eggs and a tour? I live a few miles away so it's ultra convenient.

Thanks,
Jeff

I'm not a member...but considering it. Could I stop by on Sunday for eggs and a tour? I live a few miles away so it's ultra convenient.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff- breakfast hours just so happen to coincide with office hours on Sunday. Come down between 8 and 10:30 am for food or by noon to catch the open door. There are always tons of people around on Sundays and they're all friendly so just ask whoever you see to point you in the right direction. [wink]

(Any other time beside Wednesday evenings the door is locked to non-members.)

Back
Top Bottom