• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hand wash/cleaner's

They say use cold water. Supposedly the warm water will open up the pores in your skin & allow the contaminants to enter. Not sure how true it is but it's a theory I've bought into.

They say use cold water. Supposedly the warm water will open up the pores in your skin & allow the contaminants to enter. Not sure how true it is but it's a theory I've bought into.

I was just going to say that. I bet that cold water and no soap is better than warm water and soap. Cold water and soap works best I believe. I also wash my wrists and my arms if in short sleeves. I also blow my nose and wash my face for good measure- after washing my hands. Believe it or not I do not have OCD but I think it is wise to clear out any contaminants under such circumstances.

The warm water / cold water thing is one of those things that I've heard a thousand times and seen zero scientific evidence of it being true.

If my body absorbed water in a significant way, shouldn't I not have to drink any if I swam all day in it? Dehydration at sea? Go for a swim!

Child, please. I'm not a freakin amoeba. Osmosis is something that we have sucked at since evolution took over. Next time the first epidermal layer of my skin gets lead poisoning, I'll be sure to immediately post on NES about how wrong I am.

But until I see some science, I'll use luke warm water so I don't look like a featherless goose washing my freakin hands.

The warm water / cold water thing is one of those things that I've heard a thousand times and seen zero scientific evidence of it being true.

If my body absorbed water in a significant way, shouldn't I not have to drink any if I swam all day in it? Dehydration at sea? Go for a swim!

Child, please. I'm not a freakin amoeba. Osmosis is something that we have sucked at since evolution took over. Next time the first epidermal layer of my skin gets lead poisoning, I'll be sure to immediately post on NES about how wrong I am.

But until I see some science, I'll use luke warm water so I don't look like a featherless goose washing my freakin hands.

Not exactly scientific evidence, but when I did fiberglass repair back in the day, I always noticed less residual irritation from glass dust when I washed with cold water as opposed to warm.

Maybe just because my arms were numb? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom