Hampton Beach State Park Open Carry Garbage Clean Up

doobie

Banned
Is there any interest on here or issues that anyone sees with a Hampton Beach State Park open carry garbage clean up? I was thinking Saturday April 26th (with a rain/weather date of April 27th).

* NH has no law against open carry.
* In NH you do not need a license/permit for open carry (being in a car is considered concealed carry and needs a license: If you are coming from MA and don't have a NH NR permit, unload your gun before you get across the border).
* We may get harassed by the police, but it isn't illegal.
* Long guns may not be acceptable.
* It is illegal to pick up seaweed off the beach.
* Concealed carry and no carry welcome; we won't make fun of you that much!

Where
We're going to meet up around the A/B/C Street areas of the beach parking lot. You can find me with a 5.11 Tactical Hat, Red Backpack. I'll be there between 9:45 and 10. I'll wait around my car (....) for people to show up.

I'm bringing a broom so we can brush sand off walkways to help the handicap.

Time
10am-2pm

Last edited:
I would take part but I can't spare any weekend time as my wife is going to be traveling on business almost 6 weeks straight (week in Miami, 2 weeks in Japan/China/Hong Kong/Korea, week in Portland OR, week and a half in England/France/Germany/Italy) and the weekends are the only time we will have together.

If you post on their boards I am sure you can get a bunch of freestaters and NH liberty alliance people involved, maybe start with the Ridley Report guy as he organized open carry cleanups in Manchester over the winter?

I know you dont need a permit for open carry in NH, but I figure since I am in MA, that I would be better off at least having my NHN nonres permit before O do such thins in the state of NH (still waiting).

I so want to do it, I love guns and community service. This is right up my alley. You think I would be ablee to do it so long as I unloaded and locked up my gun in the trunk before I hit NH and then only took it out when I am out of the car?

I dont know how feasible it is, bu I want in!

I know you dont need a permit for open carry in NH, but I figure since I am in MA, that I would be better off at least having my NHN nonres permit before O do such thins in the state of NH (still waiting).

I so want to do it, I love guns and community service. This is right up my alley. You think I would be ablee to do it so long as I unloaded and locked up my gun in the trunk before I hit NH and then only took it out when I am out of the car?

I dont know how feasible it is, bu I want in!

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum37/6546.html
from what i read,you won't have a problem OCing being non-res,just if you have your gun loaded in your car(where you do need a CCW permit)

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/faq.html#A2

I would like to bring my handgun into New Hampshire, yet I don’t have a license to carry concealed. How may I carry?

* You may carry unloaded in your vehicle. Be sure that the ammunition is separate from the gun.
* You may carry loaded on your person. The weapon needs to be fully exposed. For example, it may not be concealed by a shirt or a jacket, or located in a backpack.
* You may carry unloaded and concealed on your person, so long as you do not possess any ammunition on your person.
* Please refer to RSA 159 for additional information.

ok, so as of now, I may be in for this. I am going to try and do some research first and see if there is ANY possible issues I may face as a MA resident verus saying being a NH reident open carrying.

Maybe I could open carry my M44, LOL jk

* You may carry unloaded and concealed on your person, so long as you do not possess any ammunition on your person.

Is the car an extension of your person? Like say if I kept my gun concealed in a holster unchambered and threw the mag in the trunk or glove box.

for MarkM and NWanner, I believe the gun being in the car is considered as concealed, whether it is on your person or not. THe only way to have the gun in your car in NH withou the permit is unloaded and locked ijn your trunk, with the ammo in a separate place. I plan to use my Glocks box to lock it up, and then to use my range back with luggage lock for the ammunition and mags.

I *think* this will suffice, but Im not 100% sure, this is just what Ive come across in my research.

Is the car an extension of your person? Like say if I kept my gun concealed in a holster unchambered and threw the mag in the trunk or glove box.

From that state police page:

* You may carry unloaded in your vehicle. Be sure that the ammunition is separate from the gun.

That is because it is ok to carry concealed and unloaded. Just get out of the car, and (preferably without drawing too much attention to yourself) load your gun.

Cool sounds like there is interest. Now who knows Hampton Beach well enough to know where is the best place to meet up?

Sounds like fun. I'll be there as long as I don't have anything planned already.

Is there any interest on here or issues that anyone sees with a Hampton Beach State Park open carry garbage clean up? I was thinking Saturday April 26th (with a rain/weather date of April 27th).

See if I follow this: a bunch of armed men are going to show up at the beach and start cleaning? That should get an interesting response I guess. The local PD is not going to have a melt down about that, regardless of the legality? Is it going to be a basic pro gun rights "I can show up and clean this beach armed if I want" kinda thing or am I missing something? I'm all for pro gun owner activities but I am not quite grasping this one correctly I think. [thinking]

The local PD is not going to have a melt down about that, regardless of the legality?
There is something fundamentally wrong with someone who cares about whether the police approve of a lawful activity or not.

Hint: in other states, gun owners do not live in fear of their police chief. Why? Because police chiefs have ZERO say in who gets to own or carry a gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if I follow this: a bunch of armed men are going to show up at the beach and start cleaning? That should get an interesting response I guess. The local PD is not going to have a melt down about that, regardless of the legality? Is it going to be a basic pro gun rights "I can show up and clean this beach armed if I want" kinda thing or am I missing something? I'm all for pro gun owner activities but I am not quite grasping this one correctly I think. [thinking]

There's nothing illegal with open carrying. I could walk from my place to the police station and chat with the person at the desk about whatever and not have them say anything.

Heck, when I dropped off my application the officer specifically said that I could only open carry until I received my license. That was until I asked if that meant my non-resident wasn't valid anymore which he said, oh then you can open or concealed carry.

That being said, if someone calls the police they will come to investigate.

There is something fundamentally wrong with someone who cares about whether the police approve of a lawful activity or not.

Hint: in other states, gun owners do not live in fear of their police chief. Why? Because police chiefs have ZERO say in who gets to own or carry a gun.

The state AG has made it clean open carry is legal right for anyone who can legally own firearms, so any LEO can only induce harassment on us.

There's something fundamentally wrong with people making stupid statements about people they don't know sh*% about.

There's nothing illegal with open carrying.

I know that. That's not what I asked.

I could walk from my place to the police station and chat with the person at the desk about whatever and not have them say anything.

Heck, when I dropped off my application the officer specifically said that I could only open carry until I received my license. That was until I asked if that meant my non-resident wasn't valid anymore which he said, oh then you can open or concealed carry.

That being said, if someone calls the police they will come to investigate.

I'm sure they will, and depending on many variables, some you have control over and some you don't, the response might be, as i said, interesting. I say more power to you for doing it and I support your doing it, and I suspect in a small area like that and it being NH, all will be well. If not, well, you know you are in the right and within the laws of NH.

However, I had some questions and was not quite grasping the overall plan and intent. If it's legal, and it's your right, then by God and the US. Const, by all means do it. However, I admit I still don't quite get the "hey, lets clean up this beach while we open carry" angle as the place and time I would want to make my statement on gun owners rights, I am intrigued by it none the less.

I lived in NH for 7 years and my mother longer, and used to open carry when I walked in the woods and such, but I can't say cleaning up while doing it ever occurred to me. [smile]

I lived in NH for 7 years and my mother longer, and used to open carry when I walked in the woods and such, but I can't say cleaning up while doing it ever occurred to me. [smile]

The cleanup part is to get a bunch of us together and go out and show people we aren't monsters with evil pieces of metal. If you want to come along with us without cleaning up that's fine too. If you want to relax on the beach, I'm sure we will do that too, maybe play some volley ball or something. I would recommend against swimming in the ocean while carrying though :)

The cleanup part is to get a bunch of us together and go out and show people we aren't monsters with evil pieces of metal.

Kills two birds with one stone I suppose. I will be in FL on biz that weekend or I might have done that myself, having MA, ME, NH, FL, UT, and NV CCW. Again, it is NH, but as we all know, what's legal and what can be done to mess up your day by small minded paranoid LEOs, are two very different thing... Regardless, it's your right, it's legal, and more power to you for doing it. I look forward to the report and if possible, will join in on such an activity if possible.

You may want to coordinate this with the Hampton Beach park authorities. What if there's no garbage to pick up because they already went through and picked it up?

You may want to coordinate this with the Hampton Beach park authorities. What if there's no garbage to pick up because they already went through and picked it up?

Then we just wander the beach with garbage bags and socialize with each other. I'm sure there's almost always garbage to pick up where there are people.

What if there's no garbage to pick up because they already went through and picked it up?

Well... we could always line up and have duels on the beach. Right? Winner pays everyone's medical bills?

I've always wanted to have a duel.

Well... we could always line up and have duels on the beach. Right? Winner pays everyone's medical bills?

I've always wanted to have a duel.

I wonder if we could have sword duels while OC'ing on the beach.

Back
Top Bottom