H-S Precision Inc. Rifle

H-S Precision
Over the past weekend I just bought used H-S Precision bolt rifle in 30-06. Made 1994 the rifle has a fluted 25 inch barrel with a great looking bore and a real tight group shot on the test target. The rilfe sports a H-S Precision tri colored cammo stock made of fibergalss. The only wear was on the trigger gaurd / fixed box magazine floorplate area of the gun. It's nothing that can't be cleaned up in an hour with some Birtchwood Casey products and TLC. What sold me on this rifle is that it could be used as a TAC rifle but yet is lightweight enough for me to carry / use for hunting. It was used for $1,600 at the Cabela's gun room in East Hartford, CT. I haggled with them and in the end paid $1,250.
Any thoughts on their rifles? Or what type & power of scope for it?

I'm open to a reasonably priced peice of glass for the rifle (under $600). My old man (read DAD) keeps saying 3X9X40 Zeiss Conquest. So what type of scope do you all recomend to go with this beast?
smitty

you can get a lot for $600.. Depending on what the purpose of it is (hunting or target). I'd look at the Leupolds, Bushnell Elites maybe Nikon and Zeiss (if they make anything that $$).
Swfa is a good place to start the hunt for info..

HS - Opinion

I have two HS Rifles. One is a .308 sniper with the adjustable stock & the other is a camo version in 300 win mag. I went with the Zeiss on both - and at 500 yards, it's not even a challenge! I took a running buck (209) lb 9 point in Maine @ 400 yards with it two years ago.!! [smile]

Nice rifle - nice scope for it.
Optics have insane sug retail prices - purchase it online, and make your best deal.
Jim/MFLR

Last edited:
I have two HS Rifles. One is a .308 sniper with the adjustable stock & the other is a camo version in 300 win mag. I went with the Zeiss on both - and at 500 yards, it's not even a challenge! I took a running buck (209) lb 9 point in Maine @ 400 yards with it two years ago.!! [smile]

Nice rifle - nice scope for it.
Optics have insane sug retail prices - purchase it online, and make your best deal.
Jim/MFLR

Kudos for a B+M retailer knowing when he is beat and suggesting someone purchase something online. I'm impressed.

Scope for the H-S Precision Rifle

I'm looking at SWFA. I got my Burris rimfire AO 2 X 7 32mm scope from them for $269. It was for a Ruger 10/22 with Tac Sol barrel and Varq Custom trigger group.
I keep thinking of a Trijicon Accu-Point or the Zeiss Conquest, as I've never been one for super high power or real large rifle scopes.
A good buddy says go with a 4X12 power Leupold scope so you could hunt with it. A guy at work says go with a Super Sniper Scope. My Dad's simple reaction was to go with a 3X9 40mm Zeiss Conquest. I know I said up to $600, but that's sort of the max. I would rather spend $500. Like I said before a TAC rifle that is light weight enough for hunting.
What would you guys put on it?
smitty

I am waiting on a Sightron 3.5-10X44 with side focus and a mil-dot reticle. It was about a 100 bucks more than what you stated. From the reviews I have read on the scope it is as at least on par with the Leupold's.....fingers crossed [laugh]. If it's as good as I have read...and I suspect it will be I will be buying more Sightron products.

it's too nice a gun to cheap out on the scope. So think seriously about that.
For primarily punching holes in paper out to 300ish yards it is hard to go wrong with something like a leupold 3-9 power and a mil dot..

Bushnell elite 3200 / 4200 series?

i was looking to get one of those for my Savage 10 (not in the same league as your rifle), so i ended up with a Barska 8-32 x 44 Tactical SWAT from SWFA as well.

it's nice. it's held it's zero after 70+ rounds. it's mil dot, 30mm... i just have to get the right rings. it's mounted way to high right now.

side focus, 4" sun shade and rings included.

but again, you spent more on your rifle than i did, so you are probably better off w / Bushnell, SWFA SS or similar.

Back
Top Bottom