GunVault - NV300 - locked out!

For a 3 number code, it will take you longer to read this thread and think up work-arounds than it will to try the numbers to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

For a 3 number code, it will take you longer to read this thread and think up work-arounds than it will to try the numbers to find it.

you would have already had the code figured out by now instead of posting this thread. If there was a quicker way, they would have told you.

my thoughts are make it a pain in the ass and that will be the best deterrent you can hope for. If they break in and the alarm is going off (cell connection so no line to cut + battery back up) and with the alarm blaring find the safe and have time to rip it out of the studs and get it out of the house before the cops arrive, go for it. As much as i hate to admit it, I'm not that big of a deal and doubt I ever will be, so having a "pro" thief show up is not likely

As long as it isn't intended to keep curious kids out. Not much will, but these things open in no time without the combo. YouTube will even show them how. If it's to slow down a smash and grab thief or simply to comply with storage laws, it does both for short money.

As long as it isn't intended to keep curious kids out. Not much will, but these things open in no time without the combo. YouTube will even show them how. If it's to slow down a smash and grab thief or simply to comply with storage laws, it does both for short money.

just looked into it. i was confusing it with a safe with a more conventional combination. brain fart

Lol! When I was 7 I unlocked my dads handgun trigger lock spinning the dials while watching tv. It wasn't on his gun he was at work. Don't remember it taking more then 10 minutes to accidentally open. I use the 6 digit finger button gunvault figure it'll be slightly better at keeping the kids out.

I have a GunVault, and there is a "learn" button to change the combo. I do not remember if you need the prior combination in order to change the combination. If you can download the instructions for the container, it should have instructions on how to change the combination.

combo is needed

I agree. Maybe not 10 but not many. Pour yourself a glass of Courvoisier, put some safe crackin' music on the hi-fi and try all the numbers. If you can do one a second, that's only about 16.66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666667 (ish) minutes.

Next question: Really how secure is this thing?

Its not, it was in my trunk for "just tin case" while out.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously.....Take it into the bathroom and while sitting on the throne, start going up the numbers.......Only work on it while your on the throne. So it might take a few visits. Eventually you will get it.

Did this already, giant P.I.T.A.!

Sooo what, you forgot the combo or you never had it? Also try the factory defalt code (000)

For hell of it try (123) or (321)

Anyone puting bets on what it is?

I had it and know don't remember it!!! I've tried what I think it could of been.

- - - Updated - - -

this is why i do not own these shitty things

Good point!

I'm game. I'm also in Shrewsbury, which may make things more difficult. Too bad I sold the plane :(

I will be in Shrewsbury this Friday for a work meeting. I will meet up afterwards but just to warn you, I just snapped the switch that allows you to change the combo!!!

It has three tumblers of 10, correct? So that's 10*10*10 = 1000 combinations. It's two days later and you still haven't gotten it open? Really?

It isn't hard. My cousin forgot the combination on his trigger locks some years back, 3 tumblers of 10. It took me 10 minutes to find the combination. Start with 000. Then 001. Then 002... 010, 011, etc.

Last edited:
This is one reason i am really unsure of what kind of safe I want to upgrade to now, I need something much bigger than what I have but I don't want something that is known to a bugs in the electronic systems or in the tumblers like I hear about certain safes. No idea what I should go with for a safe for 18 or so guns that is heavy but affordable.

This is one reason i am really unsure of what kind of safe I want to upgrade to now, I need something much bigger than what I have but I don't want something that is known to a bugs in the electronic systems or in the tumblers like I hear about certain safes. No idea what I should go with for a safe for 18 or so guns that is heavy but affordable.

Heavy != affordable. You buy safes sort of like you buy hamburger -- by the pound. Steel costs money.

Last edited:

Heavy is not always safer, i would look at how it locks and placment in your home, no matter the weight if a couple of moving guys can bring it in to your home, most likely a couple of determined robbers can take it out, even fully loaded and not nicely.

Bacicly it should be bolted down so it cant be moved, if possible put it in a area that makes it hard for them to work on trying to open it.

Sure a cheep safe with paper thin metal is easer to pry open, but even thicker metals can be pried open or cut trough fast with some tools if one is determined enuf. Location can be a big facter in someone defeating your safes security.

Last edited:
I got a free Stack-On this weekend. The only catch was they lost the key. I was into it in about 15 minutes with minimal damage to the "safe". Inside was an el cheapo fire safe. I was into that in about 15 seconds. Also in the safe were two boxes of 30-06 and some cleaning stuff.

I'm not bragging, I'm just pointing out that you can get into these things fairly easily if you have a couple of minutes on your hands. I consider them to be locking cabinets, not safes.

Back
Top Bottom