• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GunVault - NV300 - locked out!

Gatling77

NES Member
Little embarrassing but i got locked out of my NV300. It is open but the combo is locked where I cannot close it and lock it. I called the company and they told me that I have to go thru each set of #'s until i figure out the combo...that's not going to happen. So, does anyone know how to reset one of these locks without doing what the company suggested? Let the abuse begin [wink]!

I have a GunVault, and there is a "learn" button to change the combo. I do not remember if you need the prior combination in order to change the combination. If you can download the instructions for the container, it should have instructions on how to change the combination.

Seriously, it should only take about ten minutes to try 1000 combinations.

I agree. Maybe not 10 but not many. Pour yourself a glass of Courvoisier, put some safe crackin' music on the hi-fi and try all the numbers. If you can do one a second, that's only about 16.66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666667 (ish) minutes.

Next question: Really how secure is this thing?

Seriously.....Take it into the bathroom and while sitting on the throne, start going up the numbers.......Only work on it while your on the throne. So it might take a few visits. Eventually you will get it.

Last edited:
I'm not very familiar with this safe (so this post might not be helpful) but in the "industry" fire safes of that size are known as "five second safes" not sure how hardened these are against attack, but..... Wrecking bar and hammer?

Sooo what, you forgot the combo or you never had it? Also try the factory defalt code (000)

For hell of it try (123) or (321)

Anyone puting bets on what it is?

Last edited:
I've undone a couple 3 digit locks while watching tv:

pull on the loop, spin one number wheel in a full circle. If that doesn't work, increment the next wheel. repeat. if those 10 spin + increment moves doesn't work, increment the last digit once, and repeat. maybe takes 5 minutes.

I'm not familiar with the safe, but it should be pretty similar.

I found the key!

Gun1.jpg

IN for the Karma :)

You might be able to "detect" the code by spinning and turning the dial (or pulling, however it unlocks). I've done this with 3 wheel rotary locks before.

Just turn each one and listen/feel for a different click. Or go thru all of them. You really have NO IDEA what the code is? Not even a clue? You probably know it's not 123 or 000 so now there's only 998 to go :)

EDIT:

Try pushing on the "learn" button while doing the above and it might work better.

Last edited:
It must have a slot where the two halves go together that interlock. Can't you see into the combo lock part and just allign the notches? Even if you just squeeze the halves together and spin through the numbers until it slaps shut. Just don't overshoot it and relock it without noting the combo.

Next question: Really how secure is this thing?

my thoughts are make it a pain in the ass and that will be the best deterrent you can hope for. If they break in and the alarm is going off (cell connection so no line to cut + battery back up) and with the alarm blaring find the safe and have time to rip it out of the studs and get it out of the house before the cops arrive, go for it. As much as i hate to admit it, I'm not that big of a deal and doubt I ever will be, so having a "pro" thief show up is not likely

Back
Top Bottom