• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith in Lowell area do a permanent muzzle device attachment

Collectors Firearms on Bridge St in Pelham uses a local guy I believe. They've also got a shop in Vinal Sq. in Chelmsford. 603-635-9699

Curious? Why would you permanently attach a flash hider to your barrel? Since the only way for you to a use a flash hider in MA is on a pre-ban gun, the "permanently attached" part does not apply.

Curious? Why would you permanently attach a flash hider to your barrel? Since the only way for you to a use a flash hider in MA is on a pre-ban gun, the "permanently attached" part does not apply.

Among other reasons, to bring a 14.5" barrel up to 16" in length to avoid NFA criminal liability for having a "short barreled" rifle.

Among other reasons, to bring a 14.5" barrel up to 16" in length to avoid NFA criminal liability for having a "short barreled" rifle.

Ohhh forgot about that silly NFA criminal liability stuff.

Anywho, make sure you pin a legal muzzle device on your gun. [smile]

I talked to the folks at Sabre Defense about buying one of their PMR models. To legally "fix" a gill brake, you have to blind pin it to the barrel and then weld over. The welding part had me a little nervous because of the heat affected zone out at the end of the barrel. Not sure if they could still guarantee accuracy.

Bob K.

I talked to the folks at Sabre Defense about buying one of their PMR models. To legally "fix" a gill brake, you have to blind pin it to the barrel and then weld over. The welding part had me a little nervous because of the heat affected zone out at the end of the barrel. Not sure if they could still guarantee accuracy.

Bob K.

Crap. The muzzle brake I had attached to a rifle recently was blind pinned, but not welded over. I suppose I could pull out the TIG and try to do it myself

Back
Top Bottom