• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

guns found in Somerville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officers spotted an empty gun holster in the rear seat of the vehicle triggering a more in-depth search of the car, police said.

Hmmm....[thinking]

I don't understand the mindset of these morons. Why do you speed while driving on a suspended license with guns in the friggen car. I hope these idiots do not breed.

Who are these "good guys" you speak of?

that's what I want to know- How is this good? Vilifying firearms and claiming victory by "getting them off of the street" is a good thing?

Sure some were stolen. That's bad. And I'm sure these guys were douches. But in being douches they hurt us by making guns look evil and bad and not anything anyone should own.

We lose.

Thank you officers, for getting that Jennings .22 off the streets. Someone could have been seriously hurt when they tried to shoot it and it blew up in their friggin hands.

Yeah, those can leave a pretty big bruise when you throw them at someone...

The one I bought years ago had a crack in the breech face, which bulged and acted as a firing pin. So if you loaded a full magazine and racked the slide, it would fire all 6 rounds full auto without even pulling the trigger. I tried to find a replacement slide for it and gave up after a few months of searching. I destroyed the gun.

The one I bought years ago had a crack in the breech face, which bulged and acted as a firing pin. So if you loaded a full magazine and racked the slide, it would fire all 6 rounds full auto without even pulling the trigger. I tried to find a replacement slide for it and gave up after a few months of searching. I destroyed the gun.

hold my beer and watch this.

^ I sure as hell needed a beer after the surprise of sudden .22 full auto compact pistol fire.

Imagine if I had lost control of that sucker? Hey look Johnny has new holes!!!!

I'm putting a holster on my seat from now on every f*cking time I drive anywhere in MA.

This.

What a load of shit. So even if I have the proper license to carry, a holster in my back seat will be probable cause for a search?? WTF Nazi America, take it easy.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

Good thing an empty holster is means to search a car. Who are these "good guys" you speak of?

An empty holster, or even an empty shell casing, creates probable cause for a search. Especially if non of the occupants have a valid LTC. That's well established case law. Nothing particularly new about it either.

Speeding
Driving with a revoked License
Empty holster in the back
Stolen Guns Recovered

I'm okay with the bust given the other facts involved

In a free state there would be little reason to search and likely these (apparent) thieves would not have been caught. That is how freedom works. We tolerate imperfect outcomes to protect the most sacred principles.

In this event, the (again, apparent) bad guys were caught as a result of the search. That single good outcome does not justify the process and we shouldn't be celebrating the result. A police state can have benefits. They are never worth the costs.

An empty holster, or even an empty shell casing, creates probable cause for a search. Especially if non of the occupants have a valid LTC. That's well established case law. Nothing particularly new about it either.

A shell casing qualifies as ammo under mass law so an ltc or fid is needed.

I wasn't aware of the great holster act of 2012 passing yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

In a free state there would be little reason to search and likely these (apparent) thieves would not have been caught. That is how freedom works. We tolerate imperfect outcomes to protect the most sacred principles.

In this event, the (again, apparent) bad guys were caught as a result of the search. That single good outcome does not justify the process and we shouldn't be celebrating the result. A police state can have benefits. They are never worth the costs.

thank you! this guy right here gets it.

I hope these idiots do not breed.

Probably too late! I bet there are at least 6-10 bastard kids from these guys all sucking off the system with their lazy no working mothers who no habla English with another 2 kids with different fathers and we're all paying for these maggots of society!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody not getting their stolen property back sucks.

What sucks more is people seeing the pretty lights at the end of the tunnel and thinking it's a prize instead of a goddamn freight train. We're in the path of some serious, wheeled tonnage here folks - and there's cheering coming from the bleachers.

I'm pretty sure driving with a suspended license means you're not getting to drive the vehicle away. At that point they have to do an inventory before the tow truck driver comes, and they would have found everything then. The empty holster makes the story sound better though..

Chief Poncherello said:
“Getting eight guns off our streets makes our community a little safer,” the chief said.
Funny, I thought getting 3 thieves off the street would make the community marginally safer than the guns. Repeat a lie enough times...

I'm pretty sure driving with a suspended license means you're not getting to drive the vehicle away. At that point they have to do an inventory before the tow truck driver comes, and they would have found everything then. The empty holster makes the story sound better though..

I forgot about "inventory searches" and the admissibility of items discovered during one. If there was another licensed driver in the car, the police could have allowed that person to drive the car away. No mention if the car was registered and insured. That's pretty much a guaranteed inventory and tow.

I wonder what the previous BOPs look like on these guys?

Driving on a suspended license means a crime is being committed . Search away boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom