• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

guns found in Somerville

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the thugs charged these guys with possessing something that they have the right to do, and you think it is a score for the good guys? What planet are you living on?

They have a right to possess stolen firearms??? Rules must be a little different on your planet.

Hope these stolen guns are returned to there owner promptly.
I'm sure there doing an extensive search to notify the owner so he can pick them up.[laugh2]

I'm sure there doing an extensive search to notify the owner so he can pick them up.[laugh2]

Until final adjudication of the charges, and all possible appeals thereof, the guns are evidence and cannot be returned.

The only thing that got my friends 1911 out of the evidence room at a rather large PD was the death certificate of the arrestee caught with the gun, and a very helpful ADA would probably be in deep kimchee if his superiors found out he was actually assisting the rightful owner.

Next time you get tazered and jailed for jaywalking, I hope you think about what you said.[/QUOTE
and there going to kill my dog too right?

Are you dumber than applesauce, or is this just an act?

ETA:
Busa said:
If you represent everything that is right in this country god help us

Nevermind, you just proved it. Thanks for the neg rep, btw.

Last edited:
I'm sure there doing an extensive search to notify the owner so he can pick them up.

Owner will probably be charged with failure to properly store weapons in locked cabinet

Do you really want me to fear getting tazered for jaywalking because this guy got pulled over, was found to be committing a crime and was searched?

That's what you and people like you want. There's a reason there are nanny states in the world, because people justify 'laws' and 'enforcement' to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic existence.

That's what you and people like you want. There's a reason there are nanny states in the world, because people justify 'laws' and 'enforcement' to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic existence.

You can think what you want about me but it couldnt be further from the truth. From reading this article I believe the police followed the law and got some criminals off the street. I do NOT think that the police should be able to search a car just because they saw a holster in the back seat. If this man was not committing a crime there should have been no reason to search this car. But he was.

They have a right to possess stolen firearms??? Rules must be a little different on your planet.

In addition to the crimes related to stolen property, they were charged with numerous accounts of possessing a firearm and/or carrying a firearm without a license. Rules on my planet say this about your right to possess a firearm: "Shall Not Be Infringed".

The stolen property charges are fine. Its the possession without a license charges that are not fine. And, it takes a spineless thug to enforce those laws.

A lot of slaves from MA are on here with the mentality of "Well, its okay because it got thugs off the street". But, its not okay.

If you want thugs off the street, have your commie legislators raise the penalty for stealing other peoples property, not for something that they have the right to do.

Unfortunately, in MA, people end up punished harder for that which they have the right to. And, the criminals get a slap on the wrist. Keep up that mentality folks. You earn all of the pain that you willingly bend over and take.

Last edited:
You can think what you want about me but it couldnt be further from the truth. From reading this article I believe the police followed the law and got some criminals off the street. I do NOT think that the police should be able to search a car just because they saw a holster in the back seat. If this man was not committing a crime there should have been no reason to search this car. But he was.

A simple traffic stop (speeding and a suspended license) isn't even close to enough to justify a search. Neither is having an empty holster. Make all the excuses you want for calling it a 'good bust' and whatever, but you are 100% wrong.

Yeah, speeding in no way should warrant this, sorry. The police again are 100% wrong in this scenario.

Lets fill in the rest of it just for the hell of it
Revoked drivers license
Car could/should have been towed on the spot

Lets fill in the rest of it just for the hell of it
Revoked drivers license
Car could/should have been towed on the spot

Not necessarily. They could have cited the driver and let another drive the car home. Officers discretion. Instead he went full retard and pulled a Granny Warren when he saw the holster.

Not necessarily. They could have cited the driver and let another drive the car home. Officers discretion. Instead he went full retard and pulled a Granny Warren when he saw the holster.

Again, THIS.

Just because 1 person isn't licensed, means the rest of the car wasn't?

First offense driving on a suspended license in Ma is arrestable offense and caries a $500 fine and up to ten days in jail. If it was suspended for a OUI/DUI it is a mandatory 60 days in jail. If the man was being arrested the car can legally be searched.

Again, THIS.

Just because 1 person isn't licensed, means the rest of the car wasn't?

Hell, back in my hometown I was pulled over for having my license expired. I got a verbal and went to the RMV the next day. Officers discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

First offense driving on a suspended license in Ma is arrestable offense and caries a $500 fine and up to ten days in jail. If it was suspended for a OUI/DUI it is a mandatory 60 days in jail. If the man was being arrested the car can legally be searched.

Quit while you're ahead. Your hole is getting rather deep.

This all happened because of a holster, not anything else. They don't fool me. Give me a break. It could have been a warning for all we know, but no, as soon as they see a holster, they immediately go "full retard"

That's questionable. He could be searched incident to the arrest, but that would only apply to his person and anything in his immediate control. That wouldn't be too much else if he was in handcuffs.

that's what I want to know- How is this good? Vilifying firearms and claiming victory by "getting them off of the street" is a good thing?

Sure some were stolen. That's bad. And I'm sure these guys were douches. But in being douches they hurt us by making guns look evil and bad and not anything anyone should own.

We lose.

Thank you officers, for getting that Jennings .22 off the streets. Someone could have been seriously hurt when they tried to shoot it and it blew up in their friggin hands.

Score one for the good guys? [rolleyes]

These cops saved at least 50 people today I would guess.

This.

What a load of shit. So even if I have the proper license to carry, a holster in my back seat will be probable cause for a search?? WTF Nazi America, take it easy.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

In a free state there would be little reason to search and likely these (apparent) thieves would not have been caught. That is how freedom works. We tolerate imperfect outcomes to protect the most sacred principles.

In this event, the (again, apparent) bad guys were caught as a result of the search. That single good outcome does not justify the process and we shouldn't be celebrating the result. A police state can have benefits. They are never worth the costs.

thank you! this guy right here gets it.

So the thugs charged these guys with possessing something that they have the right to do, and you think it is a score for the good guys? What planet are you living on?

A simple traffic stop (speeding and a suspended license) isn't even close to enough to justify a search. Neither is having an empty holster. Make all the excuses you want for calling it a 'good bust' and whatever, but you are 100% wrong.

Yeah, speeding in no way should warrant this, sorry. The police again are 100% wrong in this scenario.

AH HA HA HA HA HA, HO HO HO HO, HEE HEE HEE...Oh oh, Whew!
Hmmm.
These are exactly the kind of attitudes that make me proud to be a police officer, veteran, and proud supporter of the second amendment

Thanks for all your support folks![shocked]

AH HA HA HA HA HA, HO HO HO HO, HEE HEE HEE...Oh oh, Whew!
Hmmm.
These are exactly the kind of attitudes that make me proud to be a police officer, veteran, and proud supporter of the second amendment

Thanks for all your support folks![shocked]

So, basically you're amused and happy when law-obiding people are angry about how people like yourself make a living by enforcing laws that take away peoples constitutional rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom