Guns being seized in NOLA during traffic stops now by cops flagrantly violating law.

There is far more to Louisiana than NO. Including blues, jazz and Cajun cooking.

In short, I can enjoy all of it without going to NO and that is my chosen course of action.

And your "heartiage" is irrelevant, just as the NYPD is, for all its problems, nowhere near as bad as the NOPD.

New Orleans is a mistake; a cretinously sited, corruptly run, moronically maintained excuse for a city. Trying to keep it afloat is literally destroying the rest of the gulf region.

There is far more to Louisiana than NO. Including blues, jazz and Cajun cooking.

In short, I can enjoy all of it without going to NO and that is my chosen course of action.

And your "heartiage" is irrelevant, just as the NYPD is, for all its problems, nowhere near as bad as the NOPD.

New Orleans is a mistake; a cretinously sited, corruptly run, moronically maintained excuse for a city. Trying to keep it afloat is literally destroying the rest of the gulf region.

Hell, there's far more to New Orleans than New Orleans... Just like Boston limits stretch out further than the City...it's the same for New Orleans. People just seem to focus on the center of town.. Bourbon Street, Jax Square, the NO Projects, etc. It gets blurred with Orleans Parish...which really is all of New Orleans.

Yes, the police are known for being corrupt. But you didn't see it with the cops working in the outskirts of the city. IT was mostly centrally located within the city boundaries. Once you got out to the outlying neighborhoods, it wasn't as prevalent.

But as most people know, when you only hear the bad...that's all people hear.

What's the adage? It takes 10 compliments to make up for one complaint?

But your last statement is your opinion. I, for one, love when I go back to go into the city and grab a bite to eat. Have a beignet at Cafe Du Monde, and watch the people. There's nothing like a Hurricane at Pat O's....

There's a lot of things that I would miss if that city were gone... It was were I grew up...as much as there's things that I hated...there's a little part of it that will always be home to me. And as most of us know...we seem to defend our homes.

I loved the food down there. It reminded me of what I grew up on. (I later found that mom's favorite cookbook was "River Road Recipes"). What I could have done without was the fact that the entire French quarter smelled like the dumpster at my first job (where I bussed tables).

N.O. was a wonderful place to visit. I wouldn't want to live there.

Neither would I, but had a great visit. Enjoyed the Cafe Du Monde and had a great Breakfast at Brennans. We were visiting friends in Slidell....prior to Katrina. BTW, Brennans has (had) a Sazarac breakfast which will leave you loopy and "loose" before you even consider lunch. [smile] Yup, I tried it.

Was a great visit with good people. The area is just not for me.

One of our claims agents has specialized in Katrina claims for the last couple of years. He reads this site: http://www.nola.com/

I looked at it a few times; the articles, and what they consider newsworthy, are truly hysterical. Then again, some of them are just enough to make you go
shocked.gif

I was stationed in Gulfport, MS. in the 70's which is only about 60 miles away but I only went down to check out Bourbon street once.
I did want to go to the Mardi Gras but evertime it was on I was on deployment overseas.
I had no problems back then and enjoyed it but have no real interest in going there again.

Back
Top Bottom