GunControl in 2021 and How to frame your argument and shame these people

This is what we're up against. There was a time we would be teaching our kids to fight back with every last breath, instead they are told the must curl up, cower and wait for the psycho to pass them by or get killed. Our progeny is being indoctrinated to be docile and compliant. The left calls this "coping". Coping is when you have to deal with something you cannot control. A supply of victims to provide a body count and promote an agenda. Eggs for their omelet.

Evil cannot be appeased, it must be defeated.
Well this is who's teaching them

SmartSelect_20210327-205042_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
OP, the topic of guns has been completely politicized and politics has replaced religion to a large extent in the West. Trying to change the mind of someone who is vehemently anti gun is like trying to argue with a Jew or a Christian to get them to change their religion. Its not going to happen. Even if you do start to make sense to them (theyll never admit that btw) theyll just get pissed and start name calling. But if you can find someone who doesnt have their ego invested into their political beliefs and isnt rabid about the topic of gun ownership one way or the other, you have a chance at showing them the light.

TL;DR- Dont waste your time and energy on the hard core anti's. Seek out and educate the nogunz.

I hate to say, but he’s right. The “f*** you, 2A Rah!, you’re a communist” attitude only bolsters their resolve. Using a coherent, logical argument framed in the correct manor is much more effective. While it almost certainly won’t work on the shit head your having the argument with, others may, read/see/hear it and form a new opinion or at least think for themselves. Its how I brought four new gun owners to the table in the past 8 months.

OP, the topic of guns has been completely politicized and politics has replaced religion to a large extent in the West. Trying to change the mind of someone who is vehemently anti gun is like trying to argue with a Jew or a Christian to get them to change their religion. Its not going to happen. Even if you do start to make sense to them (theyll never admit that btw) theyll just get pissed and start name calling. But if you can find someone who doesnt have their ego invested into their political beliefs and isnt rabid about the topic of gun ownership one way or the other, you have a chance at showing them the light.

TL;DR- Dont waste your time and energy on the hard core anti's. Seek out and educate the nogunz

Like what Bodhisattva said, my goal isn't to actually change the anti's mind, but to catch those quiet people on the sidelines and change their minds instead. I don't give a f*** about changing the anti's mind. Hence why I chose attacking wording in my FB comments so as to shame the anti for their ignorance. If they pump the brakes, fine, but at least I've still put the idea out there that "maybe they aren't so virtuous"..
Again, you're up against an opponent who doesn't care what you think and sees themselves as the party of virtue and all that is right. They now look for the old arguments as reinforcement to their confirmation bias about people. Which is insane because of course we want these horrible things to not happen just as much if not more than they do. We understand more about the subject because we know more..
And so you face them with coherent argument while slapping them in the face with the harsh reality that many of their progressive policies are so poorly thought out that they in fact often hurt as many if not more people than they do help them, and that its all unapologetically deemed acceptable because it was in the name of "progress" while actually accomplishing nothing

I'm all for teaching people to shoot, and do so as often as I'm able, but I'm also only one person with so much time on my hands. So I personally see this as a more realistic stance at this point.. Try as we might like, we can only teach so many people one on one or even in groups, and as much as we might like to think that the people we convert over will adamantly defend the 2A to their friends/family and hopefully make more converts, the harsh reality is that gun ownership is do demonized at this point that many avoid discussing it at all for fear of being seen as "other" from the tribe of their friends/family, and will not correct the weaponized ignorance

You're all more than welcome to defend the 2A and its virtues however you like, but to me this is the best way to frame the argument now.
You might not win the Antis but you may those people floating in the wind

Last edited:
The gist of OP's argument, I feel, is correct. The challenge is keeping a cool head whether you're having this discussion in person or from behind a keyboard. I know one, maybe two, people who can do that. I happen to withdraw when I get irritated.

The other very effective tactic is to take someone to the range as someone else pointed out above. I've done that a handful of times & it has tamped down some anti-gun anxiety. The angry or irritated "because 2A" type of response just reinforces opinions and it doesn't seem to win the battle let alone the war. Just my 2 cents.

Trying to change crazy doesn't work. They can have all of the facts and data they want. They believe they are morally superior to anyone who apposes their ideology backed by millions of drones on social media. Just hold firm and keep your true north.

Gun control costs lives because it only disarms those that obey the laws which shifts the balance of power into the hands of tyrants, terriorists, criminals and madmen since they don't abide by the law leaving them armed and able to more easily victimize the innocent. The huge majority of the major mass shootings have occurred where guns were banned or severely restricted. This is why the Founders said the right shall not be infringed so that the balance of power remains in the hands of We the People.

Back
Top Bottom