Gunbroker: Duplicate Items from different sellers and I am the high bidder?

You can buy that 870 for the same price locally, why would go to gun broker, pay shipping, pay a transfer fee and maybe pay a CC fee (I didn't check if they charge this fee)?

And yes, it is a scam, report it.
This one was an older 870 Police model with ghost rings. I am sure I could get a new 870 Tactical for the same price. I was looking for something a little different with the police model. If you know of anyone locally that would have any 870 Police models I would be very interested.

This one was an older 870 Police model with ghost rings. I am sure I could get a new 870 Tactical for the same price. I was looking for something a little different with the police model. If you know of anyone locally that would have any 870 Police models I would be very interested.
You might need to have your local shop order one for you. I looked into getting one a couple of years ago. at a local shop in CT. I bought my 11-87P NIB at a shop in NC about 25 years ago.

I am relatively new to Gunbroker. I have bought only parts, but never a firearm. I have wanted to add a Remington 870P to my shotgun collection so I decided to take the plunge and actively bid on a few. I have had no luck until today. The model I have been looking for came up for auction. It had a very short bidding window 24hrs (suspicious). It was from a seller that has no feedback (suspicious) but has the Gunbroker verified member badge (that's good). With the confidence of the Gunbroker verified member star I gave the seller his opening bid price and was sure that this shotgun was going to be mine. Because the bidding window is so short I have been popping back on to Gunbroker periodically to see if I am still the top bidder. Within the last hour another Remington 870P came up for sale with the same pictures from a different seller that has a very similar name. Is this a scam or what?
He definitely had two accounts. I will tell you that being a verified member means his checking or savings account has been entered on his GB account. By having it assures GB that they can collect the buyer's payment if the seller does not comply with the auction. Then there's buyer protection with a $100 deductible but why should the buyer even lose $100. I've bought many guns off GB with no problems. I will say I did win an auction that I backed out on (wish I didn't) to a new seller and he only had the one listing. He was legit though, sold it to another buyer and got good feedback.

You might need to have your local shop order one for you. I looked into getting one a couple of years ago. at a local shop in CT. I bought my 11-87P NIB at a shop in NC about 25 years ago.
A 11-87P is on my list as well. Those things command a pretty high price these days.

Fill us in as things progress
GunBroker.com Support (GunBroker)

Feb 23, 2023, 4:42 PM EST

Thank you for sharing that information! We appreciate our users alerting us so that we can maintain a trusted site.

Thank you for using GunBroker.com.

Since I didn't win the auction, I got a canned response. They are saving themselves for the poor bastard that outbid me.

Thank you for sharing that information! We appreciate our users alerting us so that we can maintain a trusted site.

Since I didn't win the auction, I got a canned response. They are saving themselves for the poor bastard that outbid me.
You're a good dude. Thanks for the update

I reported the same Black Guy over a dozen times.

They gave me the same response.

When I called up the Black Guy he sounded Nigerian and had a mouth full of marbles.

He was an ID thief.

I think now you have to show your ID to get on GB.

I am relatively new to Gunbroker. I have bought only parts, but never a firearm. I have wanted to add a Remington 870P to my shotgun collection so I decided to take the plunge and actively bid on a few. I have had no luck until today. The model I have been looking for came up for auction. It had a very short bidding window 24hrs (suspicious). It was from a seller that has no feedback (suspicious) but has the Gunbroker verified member badge (that's good). With the confidence of the Gunbroker verified member star I gave the seller his opening bid price and was sure that this shotgun was going to be mine. Because the bidding window is so short I have been popping back on to Gunbroker periodically to see if I am still the top bidder. Within the last hour another Remington 870P came up for sale with the same pictures from a different seller that has a very similar name. Is this a scam or what?
Just report them to GB.
I just bought a 590A1 from KAG a couple weeks ago. The boom stick collecting bug has bit me and I need a Remington 870P.
KAG is a stand-up guy. I wanted a local (NH) dealer, but he reached out to me and made me such an offer, I couldn't refuse!

Back
Top Bottom