Gunbroker: Duplicate Items from different sellers and I am the high bidder?

I am relatively new to Gunbroker. I have bought only parts, but never a firearm. I have wanted to add a Remington 870P to my shotgun collection so I decided to take the plunge and actively bid on a few. I have had no luck until today. The model I have been looking for came up for auction. It had a very short bidding window 24hrs (suspicious). It was from a seller that has no feedback (suspicious) but has the Gunbroker verified member badge (that's good). With the confidence of the Gunbroker verified member star I gave the seller his opening bid price and was sure that this shotgun was going to be mine. Because the bidding window is so short I have been popping back on to Gunbroker periodically to see if I am still the top bidder. Within the last hour another Remington 870P came up for sale with the same pictures from a different seller that has a very similar name. Is this a scam or what?

If you look at the sellers' feedback rating, you should get an idea as to whether it's legit.

You're never sure until the deal is done, but if it's a long-time member, I'd not worry. That said, I'd also not bid on the second one, because just as you want the seller to be legit, the seller wants the buyer to honor their commitment.

It's possible that a stock photo was used.

Wait till you call him up.

It’ll be some Black Guy.

When you do a background check nothing matches.

Get out of this deal ASAP.

Report it and don’t send funds.

If he gives bad feedback, respond with your observations.

Don’t worry if your feedback gets dinged.

GB might remove negative feedback when it’s over.

Notice the Gunbroker warning
There’s a Mossberg 590A1 / 18.5” in the classifieds right here for the same price.

I forget his screen name but I just saw it yesterday if that helps any. Unless you’re locked into that model REM.

There is this one as well, if you want to support The Boys at the mill

I don’t trust anything online anymore. Hell I’m not even sure if half of you guys are real. [laugh]
Internet_dog.jpg

There is this one as well, if you want to support The Boys at the mill

He’s a great guy too. I’ve bought several guns from him.

And for a more no-frills one

There’s a Mossberg 590A1 / 18.5” in the classifieds right here for the same price.

I forget his screen name but I just saw it yesterday if that helps any. Unless you’re locked into that model REM.
I just bought a 590A1 from KAG a couple weeks ago. The boom stick collecting bug has bit me and I need a Remington 870P.

I am relatively new to Gunbroker. I have bought only parts, but never a firearm. I have wanted to add a Remington 870P to my shotgun collection so I decided to take the plunge and actively bid on a few. I have had no luck until today. The model I have been looking for came up for auction. It had a very short bidding window 24hrs (suspicious). It was from a seller that has no feedback (suspicious) but has the Gunbroker verified member badge (that's good). With the confidence of the Gunbroker verified member star I gave the seller his opening bid price and was sure that this shotgun was going to be mine. Because the bidding window is so short I have been popping back on to Gunbroker periodically to see if I am still the top bidder. Within the last hour another Remington 870P came up for sale with the same pictures from a different seller that has a very similar name. Is this a scam or what?
You can buy that 870 for the same price locally, why would go to gun broker, pay shipping, pay a transfer fee and maybe pay a CC fee (I didn't check if they charge this fee)?

And yes, it is a scam, report it.

Back
Top Bottom