Gun-Toting Soccer Mom, Husband Shot Dead

Damn it all to hell.

Meleanie was gracious enough to grant an interview to Gun Nuts radio on Blog Talk. I've guest-hosted a couple of times, and called in many times (Thanks, EddieCoyle, for the call!!!)

She was a bright, articulate lady; a real asset to the 2A community.

You will be missed, Meleanie. Rest in Peace.

My feelings exactly. Sheriff DeLeo made the right choice by revoking her LTC. The judge was wrong to restore it. With rights come responsibilities.

Yes, judges should peer into the future and see who is going to be irresponsible! The judge was so wrong! /sarcasm What a sheep.

Originally Posted by mombasedinreality
Hahaha! I knew I saw a death by gunshot in this dumb bitch's future! What ignorant redneck takes a handgun to a child's soccer game?! A disturbed one! And don't give me that crap about her constitutional rights. She did it for the attention. People should have to take a competency test to be allowed to carry a handgun. Then we wouldn't have crazy attention whores like her walking around with deadly weapons. I feel sorry for the poor child (or children) raised by these idiots. I have no sympathy for the parents themselves. They were obviously mentally unstable! Good riddance! 2 morons down, a few million more to go! Oh, & for all you whining idiots who lack common sense & don't like this post: you obviously belong in the "people the world would be better off without" category.

[shocked] Wow, what a hateful person. Shows you a moonbat's true colors. Two people are dead and they laugh at it because it "proves" their brainless point. How about just saying the father was wrong in what he did? Put the blame where it belongs.

Last edited:
My feelings exactly. Sheriff DeLeo made the right choice by revoking her LTC. The judge was wrong to restore it. With rights come responsibilities.

Hello! HE shot HER. Whether or not her license was revoked or not she'd still be DEAD. Further, her MURDERER was a LEO.

The husband was reported to be a former prison guard and currently a parole officer.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I've seen plenty of other comments by you that were right-on. But this particular one is full of fail.

Maybe one of the reasons she carried was her fear of him (assuming). Yes their "Marriage Problems" showed up recently, but she may have been afraid of him way back.

I've known a person or two who you know years out that this person will do something really stupid someday. You know they'll kill someone or hurt someone very bad. Too bad she DIDN'T have a gun on then.

Maybe one of the reasons she carried was her fear of him (assuming). Yes their "Marriage Problems" showed up recently, but she may have been afraid of him way back.

I've known a person or two who you know years out that this person will do something really stupid someday. You know they'll kill someone or hurt someone very bad. Too bad she DIDN'T have a gun on then.

I personally feel that if you have reason to fear somebody in any way, you should get the hell out of there. Not saying carrying is a bad idea, but staying is definitely a horrible idea.

I carry EVERY DAY, and EVERYWHERE because I haven't the strength to carry a cop on my back.

I have no way of knowing where or when my life, or the life of my family members will be threatened, so I am constantly prepared.

I believe that the only difference between Melanie and me is that she apparently felt strongly enough about the right to carry openly, that she was determined to make a stand.

I guarantee you, I am not a lunatic, a fanatic, or an extremist. I'm just a citizen exercising my natural right to self defense.

If it had to happen, that was the better of the two outcomes PR wise. The details will be interesting. For someone who was a open carry rights activist, was she armed, disarmed by him, etc?

All he needed to do was get the drop on her, which wouldn't be that hard to do if they still had any trust left in their relationship.

-Mike

Update: She was ambushed and her firearm was across the room.

From: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/09/gun.soccer.mom.dead/index.html

Hain was in her kitchen talking with a friend via webcam just before her death, police said. Watch why Hain caused controversy »

The friend, who police will not name, was looking away from the computer screen when he heard a shot and a scream, police said. He turned back to the monitor, he told police, and no longer saw Meleanie Hain but instead saw Scott Hain firing several rounds from a handgun toward where his wife had been.

Police said that the woman's body had already fallen to the floor by the time the friend turned back to the screen.

Scott Hain then went upstairs to a bedroom, where he shot himself in the head with a 12-gauge shotgun, police said.

Meleanie Hain was shot several times with a 9 mm handgun, police said. Her fully loaded 9 mm handgun was found in her backpack hanging on the back of the front door.

Last edited:
Sounds like she didn't have a chance even if her firearm was on her person. A firearm isn't a guarantee of safety, it just puts your chances higher.

What on God's green earth makes somebody do such a horrible thing to their own family? These kids are screwed and no effing moonbat is EVER going to lift a finger to help them. All they care about is the messiah and his effing Nobel sleaze prize. Fuc* you, you as*holes!

Three children and this is what the neighbor said:

Neighbor Debbie Mise said she was saddened by the sight of police leading the family’s mastiff dog out of the house.

“When he came out, his poor head hung to the ground,” she said. “My heart went out to that dog.”

I wonder if they had any poor fish?

My heart goes out to the children.

You are a G-D idiot.

The Sheriff got spanked because in free America, unlike in your shithole of residence, the license can only be revoked for statutorily defined reasons.

The Sheriff's judgement of your "suitability" or your "irresponsibility" does not enter in the equation. Something the judge presiding evidently understands.

I held off replying to this because you totally P'd me off and being a Mod I have to behave. Now that I've cooled off some, I'll respond. Were you having a bad day? Have you had that hair across your butt removed or do you still feel this way? If you still feel this way - may you NEVER lose you right to own guns because if something like this were to happen, or a stranger were to break in during the middle of the night, you'd be defenseless. I've been a victim, which is why I'm a gun owner now. How freaking dare you say the Sheriff made the right choice. She did NOTHING wrong. I would hate to put you under a microscope and judge whether or not YOU are responsible enough to own or carry guns. That's enough, the BP is starting to climb agin.

Comment on that article. The moonbats are already dancing over the dead bodies.

Originally Posted by mombasedinreality
Hahaha! I knew I saw a death by gunshot in this dumb bitch's future! What ignorant redneck takes a handgun to a child's soccer game?! A disturbed one! And don't give me that crap about her constitutional rights. She did it for the attention. People should have to take a competency test to be allowed to carry a handgun. Then we wouldn't have crazy attention whores like her walking around with deadly weapons. I feel sorry for the poor child (or children) raised by these idiots. I have no sympathy for the parents themselves. They were obviously mentally unstable! Good riddance! 2 morons down, a few million more to go! Oh, & for all you whining idiots who lack common sense & don't like this post: you obviously belong in the "people the world would be better off without" category.

mombasedinreality needs to become a victim. I don't say that a lot about people, but she REALLY deserves to be on the receiving end. I garundamntee you that her song would change in a nano seond about guns - she's just the type. Yeah lady - F you and the horse you rode in on.

Sounds like more the the story. Maybe he did not like here talking to her male friend on the internet.

I say, after they do the autopsy, they should just put his body in the woods for the wolves--that's about all the funeral he deserves. What a worthless waste of a human being.

I held off replying to this because you totally P'd me off and being a Mod I have to behave. Now that I've cooled off some, I'll respond. Were you having a bad day? Have you had that hair across your butt removed or do you still feel this way? If you still feel this way - may you NEVER lose you right to own guns because if something like this were to happen, or a stranger were to break in during the middle of the night, you'd be defenseless. I've been a victim, which is why I'm a gun owner now. How freaking dare you say the Sheriff made the right choice. She did NOTHING wrong. I would hate to put you under a microscope and judge whether or not YOU are responsible enough to own or carry guns. That's enough, the BP is starting to climb agin.

mombasedinreality needs to become a victim. I don't say that a lot about people, but she REALLY deserves to be on the receiving end. I garundamntee you that her song would change in a nano seond about guns - she's just the type. Yeah lady - F you and the horse you rode in on.

I think I can speak for everyone, when I say that we REALLY appreciate you calming down before posting a response.[smile]

Sheriff DeLeo made the right choice by revoking her LTC. The judge was wrong to restore it. With rights come responsibilities.

This is not a question of judgement, but one of law. Under the rule of law, PA CCWs are non-discretionary except for specific acts which do not include lawful open carry. A judge is doing his/her job of (s)he rules in accordance with the law, and not doing his/her job if (s)he rules in accordance with personal desires rather than the rule of law.

It was pretty clear this judge did not agree with this woman's approach to carry, however, he did his job and ruled in accordance with law rather than personal agenda. The US would be better off if all judges showed similar integrity and loyalty to the law they are sworn to uphold.

From what I've read, Melanie Hain was reportedly shot by her husband while communicating with a friend, seems I recall there being a camera invovled, so it was probably an internet conversation with a web cam.

Nevertheless, this woman made news and got her permit revoked for simply carrying a firearm. OK, she carried open and notoriously on her in a holster, but that seems to be it. No one was threeatened, the pistol remained in the holster, it seems to have been carried safely, and other than it's existence and it being openly carried, nothign seems to have at all been said that was critical of her behavior.

It seems to me that the other people who saw her carrying were intimidated by simply knowing that she had a pistol on her. I've had the same reaction for carrying a knife, when I worked in a Manhattan office. I'd pull out what I consider to be very tame, a Swiss Army Farmer, and someone would look in shock at me because I had a "knife." I rarely go anywhere without a knife in my pocket. It's like putting my wallet in my pants pocket. A few decades ago, a man who did not carry a knife would have been wierd, now one who does has a "weapon."

My point is that Melanie Hain was different because she carried and did so openly. Instead of her being so wierd, she should be normal. Shooter are not and have not been getting enough others invovled in shooting, carrying, etc., AND doing so responsibly.

I'm happy she had enough courage to carry and fight the good fight, while she did.

My sympathies to her family.

Back
Top Bottom