Gun Stores on Cape Cod

Another vote for Outdoor Store in S. Yarmouth.

I wanted a SW 686 4" one week whilst down in Harwich last fall. He ordered it and got it for me pronto. Nice people, dogs and store.

I'll only do business with the Powderhorn now. Always treated fairly. I have personally witnessed on numerous occations, a potential customer ask a question of the management then argue when they get an honest answer. Really ignorant sometimes if not downright comical.
As far as the bonded warehouse thing, I would MUCH rather deal with the guys at the Powderhorn, who will work with you on these situations and respect gun owners than anyone else. And who don't throw your gun in a big pile with no regard for its value.

As far as the bonded warehouse thing, I would MUCH rather deal with the guys at the Powderhorn, who will work with you on these situations and respect gun owners than anyone else. And who don't throw your gun in a big pile with no regard for its value.
You are far better off acting quickly and getting a dealer of your choice to pick up the guns. You actually get to negotiate a price, and won't be told "Doesn't matter if you got your LTC back, we impose an extra requirement not specified in law of a police release letter."

I know B&K charges $5/month, plus his time in getting the guns and logging them into his books. I don't know the Powderhorn price, but Dows is $15/month, a bunch of other fees, and you are sometimes told "on vacation, see me when I get back, fees will continue to accrue".

I disagree, I have rescued guns from the bonded warehouse. Original owner and I were told the rust was there when they were brought in. [rolleyes]

I like the powder horn they are friendly and put in the effort to try to sell you something.

As opposed to a certain gun store 200 yards up the road in the old bank building, where the guy and girl behind the counter talk to each other and make every effort not to make eye contact so they don't have to wait on you, each pretending to the other they don't know I'm there. As a professional Bovine Scatatologist myself I know all the cues[rofl] I looked at the handguns and was eyeing the P238 and P938 thinking about it for probably a minute. It becomes apparent that unless I jump up and down they wont be showing me anything. So I end up picking up ammo as I make a habit of every time I'm in a store, walk to the counter. I'm standing there with my dick in my hand holding a few boxes of ammo watching the battle of attrition continue to play out. I'm listening to them talk shit about another employee or mutual friend for at least 30 seconds. so I'm still amused seeing who will win so I drop the boxes of ammo on the counter from a decent height that was unmistakable and stare right between the two. The guy gives up, I see his shoulders hunch and he blows a deep breath and turns towards me with a big fake smile like he's trying to imitate Hilary Clinton. I Ended up buying a P238 and holster elsewhere a week later. The lack of motivation makes me doubt either of them were owners or what have you, so I don't fault the business itself. but I will go to the powderhorn first unless they happen to be closed like they are a couple days in the off season. Felt like going into a Cumbys as the only person in the place and watching the whole staff scatter.

The place on cape that is really cool when I went in was Beacon Trading Post in Monument Beach. Weird hours but I happened to go by when he was open and stopped in. Told him I wasn't looking for anything in particular but had never been in the shop and wanted to check it out. His eyes light up like and he hurried me into his storage room and says ill show you something cool. Ended up spending an hour there as he showed me all the interesting things he had. I was looking at a CZ Shadow and he pretty much throws a fancy Nickle plated quick break down rifle at me. Not everyday someone throws the cost equivalent of a new 40hp Honda outboard at you and then shows you how to assemble it just for fun. Worth the trip just give him a call and see if he will be open before you go.

Back
Top Bottom