Gun show loophole VS. Registration

Uh huh. Then why aren't they trying to ban gun shows? Because they know the vast majority of FTF sales happen outside of gun shows, and that's what they're really interested in. But the evil gun show image is a much better 'scary, bad, gun people' scenario to use to try and pitch their slop.
They are trying to ban everything ever where... with "death by a thousand pinpricks"... I thought that was obvious.

Just trying to make sure I/we understand the specifics of what they are trying to do so that we can defeat their attempts...

I hope people dont sell post ban high caps with these gun show loop holes. If so, im sure there are endless amounts of people who will come on NES to insinuate that other members here are felons.

I mean - hell, who needs to mind their own business when they can look like one smart dude online!?

That's interesting,selling and buying post ban high caps using the gun show loop hole as cover..

This might just work!!!

Just trying to make sure I/we understand the specifics of what they are trying to do so that we can defeat their attempts...

Well, yes, you have correctly described their false claim that gun shows are nothing but a cesspool of illegal and shady gun deals that must be stopped; by telling criminals that they are supposed to perform background checks. As always in the past, that route is bound to be a surefire success.

But my statement still stands. There is no such thing as a 'gun show loophole'.

There is no "sort-of" loophole. At all.
See my prior posts - certainly not in MA, but outside of MA - the reality is that there are both ATF checked and non-ATF checked transactions occurring at gun shows...

You and I call this "commerce"... They call it a "loop-hole"...

They call it a loop-hole because they are starting from the assumption that all gun sales should require an ATF check (again you and I do not agree).

As painful and irritating as it often is to take the time to understand how your opposition thinks - it makes it MUCH easier to defeat them if you do.

Dogmatic, binary views of the world are useless no matter which side of the spectrum you believe yourself to exist. It's a gray world...

See my prior posts - certainly not in MA, but outside of MA - the reality is that there are both ATF checked and non-ATF checked transactions occurring at gun shows...

You and I call this "commerce"... They call it a "loop-hole"...

The issue is, however, even if you call this very intentional part of the GCA a "loop-hole", that it really has nothing to do with gun shows. Sure, parking lot transactions happen at gun shows (and even the occasional non-dealer table transaction), but gun shows are not at all where most FTF sales happen. So their "loop-hole" is really a "private sale loop-hole", not a "gun show loop-hole". The gun show part is just a disingenuous attempt to create a bad image, because people already think gun shows are just neo-nazi conventions, and so it's easy to piggy back on that negative imagery.

You have misinterpreted my posts.

I first said that there is no such "loophole" in MA - PERIOD - for the same reasons you posted.

Found the post in question: "So, as Joe says - there is no "loophole" in MA - period..."

Thank you for the correction as to your position.

Next time, I will be sure to have a 1st year review and insert the required citations in related posts.[wink]

Double-spaced, with 1" margins and adherence to the font size and total length specifications. FOOTNOTES; not endnotes, please.

The issue is, however, even if you call this very intentional part of the GCA a "loop-hole", that it really has nothing to do with gun shows.
Since we are picking more nits than an elementary school nurse during a lice outbreak, I'll happily conceded this point...

You know this, I know this. You and I also know there are a ton of FTF transactions occurring all the time outside of gun shows...

They know that they can fire up their hidden cameras and show plenty of FTF transactions at gun shows - so they conflate this with whatever evil imagery they can think of that will convince the cowering sheep to call for more legislation...

In their mind this "very intentional part of the GCA" is a loop-hole. That's the reality. They view it as an exception, not a recognition of the government's lack of Constitutional authority to regulate this behavior.

Though I will hastily point out that they also recognize NO Constitutional limits (and that view is shared by most of Congress on both sides of the aisle) on government's authority to regulate private commercial behavior which does not cross state lines...

This is no gun show loophole in ANY STATE. What they're trying to stop has absolutely nothing to do with gun shows, at which the dealers still must perform a NICS check. When you say there's no loophole in MA, you feed into the idea that there somehow is a loophole in other states.

I did not know that, good point.
I still want to know where I can get one of those neon AK's though.

ht_guns_billboard_080829_02_mn.jpg

Its been covered here a lot, but its worth repeating to dispell the myth, there is no loophole in MA (where this billboard is placed).
The thing that pisses me off the most about that sign is that I start slowing down to check out the store and realize its fake. Access denied!

There is no "loophole" in VA either despite Mayor Bloomberg's insistence there is. Glad to see our governor-elect and former VA attorney general shut down Bloomberg's nonsense including the straw sales he set up.

A sale of personal property by one person to another should not require federal or state intervention. Enough said.

There is nothing nefarious you can perform with a firearm that wouldn't be illegal anyway. So the point of registration is control, register, and confiscate. This has been the motto of the modern liberal mind for at least 100 years.

Yes, it is all about control and disarmed people are much easier to control.

The mpg of a car moving with the engine turned off? [wink]
Sounds like a liberal compartmentalized argument... Something had to get it moving - that energy consumption counts the against the mileage achieved during coasting... [laugh]

Though now you have demonstrated the Clinton budget surplus - shift the output of energy and the appearance of its effect... [wink]

There is no "loophole" in VA either despite Mayor Bloomberg's insistence there is. Glad to see our governor-elect and former VA attorney general shut down Bloomberg's nonsense including the straw sales he set up.

Is Bloomberg in prison or financially harmed? If not, then the AG there hasn't stopped a damned thing. As far as im concerned Bloomberg should be the subject of a federal indictment on some sort of conspiracy charge or similar. He basically asked some private investigators to commit felonies on his behalf.... Of course no US attorney has the balls to convict someone "on their side" who happens to be breaking the laws to make a political statement... [rolleyes]

ETA: Don't mind my ranting... it just really pisses me off- that these anti gun a**h***s can BRAG about breaking the law and nothing gets done; yet if you or I ever did the same thing, there would be BATFE guys banging on our doors the next morning!

-Mike

Is Bloomberg in prison or financially harmed? If not, then the AG there hasn't stopped a damned thing. As far as im concerned Bloomberg should be the subject of a federal indictment on some sort of conspiracy charge or similar. He basically asked some private investigators to commit felonies on his behalf.... Of course no US attorney has the balls to convict someone "on their side" who happens to be breaking the laws to make a political statement... [rolleyes]

ETA: Don't mind my ranting... it just really pisses me off- that these anti gun a**h***s can BRAG about breaking the law and nothing gets done; yet if you or I ever did the same thing, there would be BATFE guys banging on our doors the next morning!

-Mike

I hear ya and fully agree.[angry]
+1

Back
Top Bottom