• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun safe in medical facility?

Probably not. Meds, depending on the type, are stored in cabinets in the med room or a Pyxis machine. The latter requires a swipe card, finger print reader, or some other security system. They are used for narcotics, benzos, and other drugs which can be abused.

Just made an account to let you folks know that I found this page on my Google Home Page with the title, "Gun Safe in Medical Facility?"
Point being that many middle of the road types may be directed to your forum so sit up strait and brush your hair. Give them a good impression of gun owners please.
Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB. If you're new here, button up butter cup, we curmudgeons got our own sense of humor and are of acquired taste.

Probably not. Meds, depending on the type, are stored in cabinets in the med room or a Pyxis machine. The latter requires a swipe card, finger print reader, or some other security system. They are used for narcotics, benzos, and other drugs which can be abused.
Honestly, the most likely use are things like patient cell phones and jewelry, especially for patients who come in after accidents or unconscious.

FWIW, there are electronic safe locks which do not have a bypass key (or other documented bypass), rather they have external battery contacts to power it back up in the case of a dead battery.
That is true. I still don't like those locks, as the external battery terminals will do nothing for you if you have some other form of electronic failure.

I'm getting so sick of where Society is going. When I was a kid out in Nebraska on a cold winter morning you could pull up in front of the donut shop and there'd be a half a dozen pickup trucks there with Motors running and shotguns were lever action rifles sitting in a gun rack in the back window and nobody ever stole anything.

I'm getting so sick of where Society is going. When I was a kid out in Nebraska on a cold winter morning you could pull up in front of the donut shop and there'd be a half a dozen pickup trucks there with Motors running and shotguns were lever action rifles sitting in a gun rack in the back window and nobody ever stole anything.

Oh, it's still like that. In places like Nebraska on a cold winter morning.

But we don't all live there.

Oh, it's still like that. In places like Nebraska on a cold winter morning.

But we don't all live there.

It's like that up here, too. Is it the cold? Is it the lack of people? Is it knowing that the cop on duty is on the other side of town and won't be able to help the thief escape justice? It's something....

Back
Top Bottom