gun range

I have a house in nh and I'm waiting for my non resident permit.... I'm in nh now with my pistol but I don't carry. I'm curious about any laws that l should be aware of that would affect a gun range. I wanted to rent a gun and bring my own. I'm from mass with an ltc a by the way. Any thing I should know or is all well?

All is well.

No permits required to possess, only concealed carry or carry in an auto- if the pistol is loaded.

No restrictions at commercial ranges. Go to MFLR on a Saturday afternoon and see all the MA plates in the parking lot. [grin]

Most commercial ranges expect you to fire ammo they approve or you buy from them (frangible)- they usually don't like FMJ rounds. Factor that into the cost.

I agree with caboose.

Keep it unloaded while in transit and you are fine (assuming you don't have your P&R).

If you want to carry open, loaded that's fine, as long as you are not in a car. Unload it before you get in the car.

You don't say anything about them, but for future reference... No loaded long guns in the car, ever, even after you have your P&R. Stoopid, but currently the law.

I agree with caboose.

Keep it unloaded while in transit and you are fine (assuming you don't have your P&R).

If you want to carry open, loaded that's fine, as long as you are not in a car. Unload it before you get in the car.

You don't say anything about them, but for future reference... No loaded long guns in the car, ever, even after you have your P&R. Stoopid, but currently the law.

Make an AR Pistol with a SIG Arm Brace and you can have that loaded in the car with a P&R.

Malodave

If you go to MFL alone and want to rent, they'll want to see proof you took a Safety Class or have a firearm with you. Your MA LTC should be sufficient for that, or show them what you bring to shoot and you'll be fine.

I went last weekend. 1hr lane rental, pistol rental, and a box of 9mm = 54 dollars. My typical bill for an hour is $19, 16 lane rental and a couple of targets.

Back
Top Bottom