Gun range near Tilton NH

Any good gun clubs in the area. I have a summer home up there and would like to shoot. So would my neighbor (resident).
I live in Mass but go up every other weekend most of the summer and fall.

The pay as you go ranges in the area are not for me I would rather give the money to a club in the area.

Any good gun clubs in the area. I have a summer home up there and would like to shoot. So would my neighbor (resident).
I live in Mass but go up every other weekend most of the summer and fall.

The pay as you go ranges in the area are not for me I would rather give the money to a club in the area.

check out:

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Links/fish_and_game_clubs.htm

Unfortunately, the closest place to Tilton is, http://www.gunsnh.com/b_range.php is an open-to-the-public, pay as you go, indoor range.

I can highly recommend Pioneer Sportsmen's Club in Dunbarton and Pemi Vally Fish and Game in Holderness.
Pioneer is about 40 minutes south of Tilton, off exit 2 of Rt 89.
Pemi is about 40 minutes north of Tilton, off exit 25 of Rt 93.
To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in between.

http://www.pemi.org

I just joined up myself. They're great people, have three different rifle ranges, a pistol range, and an archery range. Signing up is the easiest I've ever seen for any gun club. Doesn't matter where you live or when you sign up. You can literally show up at the range, go to the outdoor kiosk at the entrance, and fill out a membership application. Take the application with your info on it, enclose it in one of the supplied envelopes with 20 bucks and drop it in the slot. Take the other half of that application which is your membership card, fill in your name and bam, you're a member. No waiting for acceptance, no talking to anyone. After that, sign in at the register (at the same kiosk), slip a five dollar bill into a envelope with your membership number on it (stamped on your newly acquired membership card) and head on up. I was up there today (I live in Nashua) and the first range says "Range Closed", but don't be disheartened, the 50 and 100 yard ranges are still open. They're to the right. The grounds are great, the ranges are pristine, and everyone pitches in to make it clean for the next group.

Now, you've paid 20 bucks to be a member. It's 5 bucks a day for range fees when you go. Make sure you sign in and out but if you paid five bucks at 10 am and come back at 3PM, you've paid today so you're good. Just sign in again. The other thing is that it says "No 'guests'" which is true. If you want to bring a guest, you must vouch for them on a form which is basically the same as your form except that it is a "temporary membership" form, good for one day. Their fee is five bucks for the form, five bucks for the range, valid one day. It's self-explanatory, just make sure you read everything.....EVERYTHING.

And the best part is it's only a couple exits up from Tilton (I'm moving soon to Laconia) and is WAY cheaper than going to those indoor, poorly-ventilated, profit-driven, Manchester/Belmont Firing lines. They charge 14.50 per person PER HOUR. Also be aware that they won't allow rifles because they don't have the frangible ammo any more to prevent over penetration of the backstop.

Oh, also, be sure to POLICE YOUR BRASS. I shoot there too!

Pemi is about 40 minutes north of Tilton, off exit 25 of Rt 93.

It's actually exit 24. I was there today. Take exit 24, turn right, go through Ashlandand bear left at the intersection to take Rt3 south. About 1.5 miles down the road you'll come to Jct 175. Take a left. From there, follow the signs. They are quite large. You'll be taking two more rights.

The directions on the website are, of course, much more detailed.

IMHO, Exit 25 is easier

It's actually exit 24. I was there today. Take exit 24, turn right, go through Ashlandand bear left at the intersection to take Rt3 south. About 1.5 miles down the road you'll come to Jct 175. Take a left. From there, follow the signs. They are quite large. You'll be taking two more rights.

The directions on the website are, of course, much more detailed.

The club is only about 4 miles from the end of the Exit 25 ramp.
Take exit 25, turn left at the end of the ramp, turn left at Seven Pines Rd, Seven Pines Rd becomes Beede Rd.

This way may be a couple of miles longer than using Exit 24, but it feels more direct too me. The center of Ashland, although the quintessential northern NH town, can be confusing to first timers and the junction of 175 is easy to miss if you happen to be enjoying the scenery.

No matter how you get there, you will find the facility to your liking.

BTW, next Sunday is the last silhouette match of the season at Pemi.
Come shoot steel Chickens, Pigs, Turkeys and Rams at 40, 50 75 and 100 meters.
Sign in @ 8:30, first shots @ 9:00. Runs til 2:00 or 3:00, until everyone has shot what they brought.
It is nearly the most fun you can have with firearms and your clothes on.
This is a great group of shooters who are always willing to help out new shooters. For first timers, someone WILL offer to guide you through your first match, spotting for you and explaining the finer points of silhouette.
I shot my first match there in June with my Beretta 90-Two and was hooked immediately.

Here's a link for more details: http://www.sunnyvalegunclub.com/activities/silhouette.html

Smallbore Cowboy Rifle: Any .22 tube feed rifle.
Smallbore Rifle: Any .22 rifle
Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Rifle: Tube feed rifles in .38, .357, .44 etc.
Hunter's Pistol: Most any center-fire handgun, scoped or red dot
Hunter's Pistol, Open sights: Most any center-fire handgun, open sights
Smallbore Hunter's Pistol: Any .22 handgun, scoped or red dot
Smallbore Hunter's Pistol, Open sights: Any .22 handgun, open sights
Club Rifle: Any .22 rifle, Scoped or Iron sights

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom