Gun Owner Saves Cop's Life by Shooting Deranged Gunman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"

Just curious, are you saying that if you were the old guy in Texas you would have stayed in your recliner while the cop fought for his life - when you had a clear view from the flank.........?

With a pistol I might have, using my hunting rifle I'd have probably put one in the guy from my porch and gone back to drinking beer.

namedpipes said:
Wisconsin's Duty To Aid law says you have to assist OR report. I have better things to do the research whether anyone has actually been successfully prosecuted for failing to do either, but you can google it if you like.

In the case in question, I'm pretty sure the cops knew about the situation. That and it didn't happen in Wisconsin.

How many crimes happen in Wisconsin anyway, except for Grand Theft Cheese. The getaway driver was a well known thug called the "Cheese Wheel-Man". Even that case was tossed out of court because the case was full of holes. Or was that the evidence?

The prosecutor thought he had a gouda case, too.

At least he escaped without pun-ishment, unlike us. :D

"

Just curious, are you saying that if you were the old guy in Texas you would have stayed in your recliner while the cop fought for his life - when you had a clear view from the flank.........?
You got that right.

Not my fight. Not my problem.

God, Family, Tribe, Self. Unless you are in one of those four groups, you are ****ed if you think I'm going to risk my ass for you.

Now go and be highly indignated.

"

You'd be surprised how many people on this forum would sit in their recliner and not help your wife or children if they needed it.

I would bet it was 165 feet and not 165 yds. 165 Yds with any handgun is a prayer.

Sexy big bald headed tattoo gun owner thats how i self identify [laugh]
Is that the bald head that has the tattoo?
I shoot both my 4' and 6 1/2" 357 mag. 158gr JHP at 100yds, it's challenging. It is manageable and you adjust for drop, 4-6", if it was a 165 yd shot, my guess would be about a 8-10" drop if he was shooting 158gr JHP,. Good shot either way, its under pressure.

And prosecutors in those jurisdictions with such a duty will continue to use their prosecutorial discretion regarding who they do or do not prosecute.
So does this mean you and your liberal gun club are pushing for compulsory CCW laws?

If so, I might need to subscribe to your newsletter.[laugh]

It was used as a reason to avoid interaction. Three of the four are easily understandable. This was the one variable and given the context of the thread, I was curious how he defined "Tribe".

It was used as a reason to avoid interaction. Three of the four are easily understandable. This was the one variable and given the context of the thread, I was curious how he defined "Tribe".

You sound like you think you were owed an answer. I'd rather you just said thank you very much and went on your way.

If that was MA, the old man would be charged as a terrorist, assault with a Glock of mass destruction and disturbing the peace.

and discharging a firearm within 500' of a dwelling....

ETA: hey... i hit a jeep at 75yds with a CZ-82 shooting russian surplus 9x18mm (at 80 yards those rounds turn into butterflies)

'course.... lot of the people at that shoot had trouble hitting the berm.... :)

Last edited:
If the cop had died it'd have cost the department a fortune in death benefits and cost of replacement.
If the perp had lived it'd have cost the county a fortune in court and prison time.

Good enough reason for me to step in, my property taxes are high enough [laugh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom