Gun licenses soar in Fla.

My FL non-resident has already taken 2 months and I was told today that it would be another 2 or 3 weeks.

Mine has taken 2 months. And I just got a letter from them saying that I didn't sign the fingerprint card, so they're going to send it back to me. Sigh.

I see that that article was bought and paid for by the Brady Campaign to Repeal The Second Amendment. Notice that there are several quotes by the gun banners suggesting how dangerous it is and that it will be the wild west... and NOTHING mentioning that the actual crime rate has gone down.

[puke]

Do you have the website for the application?

It's the Florida Department of Agriculture, Licensing Division. Find their web site, and you can order the forms you need sent to you by mail. To my knowledge, there is no on line application process.

Actually I did a portion online, but the real way to speed it up is to use digital fingerprints done at a local police station here in FL.

They give courses at Shoot Straight nearly every week (2 hours) and they observe you at their indoor range after they tell you the laws (and it is casual). They give you all the paperwork, even an envelope, and all the very complete instructions for EVERYTHING - go to the Tampa police dept for the digital fingerprints, fill out your paperwork, do the portion online,send it all in with your money, and you can get it in about 2 weeks.

If you are in the Brandon area, I will be glad to loan you a gun, stick in the trunk or the glove compartment and drive to Shoot Straight. Perfectly legal.

Being from FL I have had a concealed weapons permit for over 10-15 years or so...lost count. For those of you that are getting it, I would expect 3 months to the day for your permit. Things may have changed from when I got mine, but that was the norm back then.

The great thing about the permits in FL is that you can carry damn near anything you want with, including a gun.

I was a bit unhappy to find out that because I don't live in the state any longer I can't use it in other states (reciprocity).

John

Just back from FL for a business trip. While in the ORs at hospitals, our sales rep brought up firearms and in each case many had carry permits and most had guns. An anesthesiologist showed us his new AR picked up over lunch (in his trunk, appropriately stored on the street).

The most "anti" I heard was a doc who only felt the need for a revolver.

In actuality, people don't talk much about guns or anything related to them - it is just a part of what some elect to have or do. Not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom