Gun holsters recalled due to risk of switching safety

mikeyp

NES Member
FYI in case anyone has one

Gun holsters recalled due to risk of switching safety

screen-shot-2019-10-22-at-7.03.36-am.png

More than 3,000 gun holsters are being recalled due to an injury hazard.

The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission said the recall involves Blackhawk T-Series L2C gun holsters. The holsters are being recalled because its design can change the position of the safety switch on the firearm without the user’s knowledge.

This design flaw can cause the gun to fire unexpectedly if the trigger is pulled, posing an injury hazard to the user and bystander.

The recalled holster is designed to be used with a Sig Sauer P320/P250 and is clipped to the user’s belt. It has 2101213 A printed on the outside of the holster.

So far, the CPSC said no injuries have been reported. Anyone with the recalled product should stop using it and contact Blackhawk for a full refund.

Anyone with questions can contact Blackhawk at 888-334-7547 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at https://www.blackhawk.com and click on the recall tab located at the top of the page for more information.

"This design flaw can cause the gun to fire unexpectedly if the trigger is pulled, posing an injury hazard to the user and bystander."

If you're pulling the trigger with a live round in the chamber for anything other than an emergency, even if the safety is on, you're stupid in my opinion.

That said, at least this flaw is better than some gun I read about that could go full auto when you put the safety on. I can't remember what it was, but that's one hell of a malfunction.

That said, at least this flaw is better than some gun I read about that could go full auto when you put the safety on. I can't remember what it was, but that's one hell of a malfunction.
I’ll take two of those please!!

"This design flaw can cause the gun to fire unexpectedly if the trigger is pulled, posing an injury hazard to the user and bystander."

If you're pulling the trigger with a live round in the chamber for anything other than an emergency, even if the safety is on, you're stupid in my opinion.

well, that, or one of these pieces of shit.... [rofl]

First they make a holster that puts your finger on the trigger, then one that switches the safety off....what will they think of next?

Thsts why you get a gun without a safety (safety on the trigger... lol, which is basically no safety).

Dont let the ATF know.

But please, PM me if you remember.

Blackhawk making crappy holsters... Shocking. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Didn't the Serpa get recalled 5 or so years ago for a similar issue??? SHouldn't they be extra-aware of their holster problems???? Damn. Makes you wanna just rock a Fobus paddle for the rest of your life. Damn.

Say "I like BlackHawk" 5 times fast.

knoxy likes BlackHawk!
knoxy likes BlackHawk!
knoxy likes BlackHawk!
knoxy likes BlackHawk!
knoxy likes BlackHawk!

Hahahahaha. Totally!!!! ;). Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Serpa is defective by design.
I don't buy it.

I bought one of the original Serpa's for a 1911 and I have a 1911 blue gun. When it all hit the fan, I tried and tried to see if my finger went to the trigger drawing the blue gun. Never happened, when I drew, my finger was flat along the side of the slide.

Personally, I think that it is a training issue on how to hold a gun prior to getting on target.

I don't buy it.

I bought one of the original Serpa's for a 1911 and I have a 1911 blue gun. When it all hit the fan, I tried and tried to see if my finger went to the trigger drawing the blue gun. Never happened, when I drew, my finger was flat along the side of the slide.

Personally, I think that it is a training issue on how to hold a gun prior to getting on target.

They are junk, Len... there's a ton of NDs correlated to those holsters. There are trainers/facilities that have banned those things from their classes, and the ones that don't will give you the stink eye for bringing one.

-Mike

They are junk, Len... there's a ton of NDs correlated to those holsters. There are trainers/facilities that have banned those things from their classes, and the ones that don't will give you the stink eye for bringing one.

-Mike
Like a lot of holsters, I bought it but never carried in it. It sits in my bags of holsters. But when all the noise occured about them, I decided to see if it was a real problem and if you normally draw a gun with a proper grip, I just couldn't make it happen.

Like a lot of holsters, I bought it but never carried in it. It sits in my bags of holsters. But when all the noise occured about them, I decided to see if it was a real problem and if you normally draw a gun with a proper grip, I just couldn't make it happen.
Sorry, the design is fundamentally flawed and the production is crap.
Just because one can make something work doesn't mean its good to go. Esp with firearms where lets be honest most people don't train enough or spend enough time shaking out their equipment. Across the board, when Serpas are put under any sort of stress they fail. I don't have a horse in the game, put across board folks that run classses all have Serpa stories, failure after failure. It's one of the worst "works for me" products in the industry.
Friends don't let friends use Serpas.

Back
Top Bottom