Gun for sale...

I have a gun. It's been around for a while. Shot it a LOT, no idea how much. I bought it used, from a guy I've never met before, in a parking lot at my local Dunks. Or maybe it was at the mall. Can't remember. He said he "shot it some", no idea how often. Bought it from a guy who "bought it from the original owner, I think, or maybe his brother". "I think he carried it daily, but it was a while ago and I can't remember." So I'm the 4th, maybe the 5th owner.

Gun has been shot some. I cleaned it a couple of times, the prior owners probably did too. I think it's pretty accurate, I mean every time I pull the trigger there's a cloud of dirt behind the target. But it may be that my eyes are old and I can't see, and the noise scares me and I flinch. So when I miss
I think it's more me than loose sights or a shot out barrel. But I'm not really a "gun guy". I'd probably be more accurate it I held it better, at least that's what people tell me when I'm at the range. But for some reason they don't watch me much, they start packing up when I get started shooting. Timing, huh?

So now it's time to sell the thing. I've had it a while, like 3 or 4 years, maybe 15. Not sure, memory gets fuzzy sometimes. Anyway, I figure since I've had it a while, and the other owners did too, it's gotta be OLD, and like an antique or something. So it should be worth some bucks. The guy at the gun shop near me offered me a couple hundred, but I think it should be more. I know that it's old, I know that it has some scratches and the grip part is cracked, but it's OLD, so it's an antique, and that stuff all adds character. It's got some brown stuff on the slidey part on top that goes back and forth but it should buff right out with steel wool again like the last time.

My price is $875 but I might be willing to haggle. Everybody I show it to tells me they've never seen anything quite like it, so aside from being an antique it must be rare also.

I have a gun. It's been around for a while. Shot it a LOT, no idea how much. I bought it used, from a guy I've never met before, in a parking lot at my local Dunks. Or maybe it was at the mall. Can't remember. He said he "shot it some", no idea how often. Bought it from a guy who "bought it from the original owner, I think, or maybe his brother". "I think he carried it daily, but it was a while ago and I can't remember." So I'm the 4th, maybe the 5th owner.

Gun has been shot some. I cleaned it a couple of times, the prior owners probably did too. I think it's pretty accurate, I mean every time I pull the trigger there's a cloud of dirt behind the target. But it may be that my eyes are old and I can't see, and the noise scares me and I flinch. So when I miss
I think it's more me than loose sights or a shot out barrel. But I'm not really a "gun guy". I'd probably be more accurate it I held it better, at least that's what people tell me when I'm at the range. But for some reason they don't watch me much, they start packing up when I get started shooting. Timing, huh?

So now it's time to sell the thing. I've had it a while, like 3 or 4 years, maybe 15. Not sure, memory gets fuzzy sometimes. Anyway, I figure since I've had it a while, and the other owners did too, it's gotta be OLD, and like an antique or something. So it should be worth some bucks. The guy at the gun shop near me offered me a couple hundred, but I think it should be more. I know that it's old, I know that it has some scratches and the grip part is cracked, but it's OLD, so it's an antique, and that stuff all adds character. It's got some brown stuff on the slidey part on top that goes back and forth but it should buff right out with steel wool again like the last time.

My price is $875 but I might be willing to haggle. Everybody I show it to tells me they've never seen anything quite like it, so aside from being an antique it must be rare also.
No sir, the free candy spray painted on your van says no Maura I dont want your candy.

Reminds me of the guy who PMed me about a $400 gun I was selling a while back. "Hey that gun of yours is pretty old. I don't have any use for it and I don't even like it, but I want to be a good guy so I'll give you $100 for it as a wallhanger. Lemme know before I change my mind."

Have you been drinking? Lol.
Not yet, just bored at work, read yet ANOTHER sale ad about a gun being rarely used, low round count, perfect condition, tackdriver, blah blah blah...

you don't sell used cars for a living, do you?
Sold new Toyotas 25 years ago, work in a hospital as a CT Tech now.

Reminds me of the guy who PMed me about a $400 gun I was selling a while back. "Hey that gun of yours is pretty old. I don't have any use for it and I don't even like it, but I want to be a good guy so I'll give you $100 for it as a wallhanger. Lemme know before I change my mind."
Lol, wasn't me...

I can’t believe I just read that whole thing. Gimme back my 30 seconds.
Lol, haha, no.

That sounds perfect, I'll be right over.
Please wait at the end of your driveway for me, we'll make this a quick transaction.
You don't mind a money order, do you?

Hello,
Thanks for your prompt responds, However, i will need your name and
address for payment,As am only able to make payment by money order at
this time b/c i am away on assignment. It will be nice if you can send
me more pictures. It will take about 7days for payment to get to you.
As per pick-up, I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment
has been received by you. I don't mind adding thirty dollars so you
can keep it in my favor.Please take the posting off Craigslist today and consider it sold to me, Include your phone number...
Expecting to hear from you soon.
Regards
Joe Bobby.

Good thing you mentioned all the 'patina'. That's the only way to know that it's all original, which of course increases the value. Definitely a steal at $875.

You have won the internet today sir.
Outstanding job.

I know you listed it for $875, and its probably worth around $700, Will you take $200 and some bad breath instead?

Throw in a box of steel wool pads, and 20 year bottle of Hoppe’s #3.1215 and meet me on the side of the road near 495 tonight...will pay all in pennies

No sir, the free candy spray painted on your van says no Maura I dont want your candy.

Seems he's been huffing that spray paint he used for the van. LOL

Just recently, I was selling a knife on another forum. Some guy PM's me that "I was willing to buy your knife, but $25 to ship is outrageous."

I then go into INTIMATE detail of why $25 was reasonable. I was selling multiple knives. It was $25 flat no matter how many knives you bought. I've yet to NOT accept a lower offer for a knife. The knife is worth $50 more than I'm asking in the first place. So you could have asked for me to waive the $25 and I'd probably accepted. . . . and instead you crapped all over me. He responded, "Oh OK. Thanks." He was never going to buy the F'ing knife. He just wanted someone to blame when he didn't.

Seems he's been huffing that spray paint he used for the van. LOL

Just recently, I was selling a knife on another forum. Some guy PM's me that "I was willing to buy your knife, but $25 to ship is outrageous."

I then go into INTIMATE detail of why $25 was reasonable. I was selling multiple knives. It was $25 flat no matter how many knives you bought. I've yet to NOT accept a lower offer for a knife. The knife is worth $50 more than I'm asking in the first place. So you could have asked for me to waive the $25 and I'd probably accepted. . . . and instead you crapped all over me. He responded, "Oh OK. Thanks." He was never going to buy the F'ing knife. He just wanted someone to blame when he didn't.

Mail him a kotex

I'm always more entertained by the buyers in moments like these. Without fail every time I have posted something (only 4 times) an Armlist person emails me saying will you take $____ I NEED THIS. Like they're a crack addict.

Back
Top Bottom