Gun Dealer in Plympton Agrees to End Illegal Sales Practices

Reptile

NES Member
‘Outback Arms’ Will No Longer Sell Handguns Prohibited Under Massachusetts Law
BOSTON — A gun dealer in Plympton has agreed to bring its policies into compliance with state law and pay a $7,000 penalty for selling handguns that are not listed on the state’s approved roster, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today.

“Our state’s strong laws help gun dealers prevent access to illegal weapons in our communities and ensures responsible gun ownership,” AG Healey said. “Today’s agreement requires this gun dealer to come into compliance and do its part to keep the public safe.”

During an investigation by the AG’s Office into the business practices of Gene Steven Beliveau and his business Outback Arms, various violations of state law were uncovered, including the sale of firearms that are not allowed to be transferred in Massachusetts, and that have not met the statutory safety testing requirements to be listed on the state’s approved firearms roster.

The AG’s investigation also found that between January 2013 to December 2015, Outback Arms did not properly verify that Glock handguns sold to law enforcement and military personnel were being purchased for use in the performance of official duties.

Under the terms of today’s settlement, filed in Suffolk Superior Court, Outback Arms is required to pay $7,000 in civil penalties, and has agreed to end sales of off-roster firearms that are not permitted to be sold in Massachusetts, along with properly verifying the sale of certain handguns made to people claiming a law enforcement or military affiliation.

This settlement is another step in AG Healey’s efforts to enhance gun safety and to assure compliance with Massachusetts gun laws and regulations. In February 2017, a gun dealer in Sutton who was illegally operating from his home agreed to surrender his license to sell firearms in Massachusetts. In January 2017, a gun dealer in Worcester agreed to bring its policies into compliance with state law and to pay up to $35,000 for selling illegal Glocks and handguns that are not listed on the state’s approved roster.

Today’s matter was handled by Senior Trial Counsel Gary Klein, Assistant Attorney General Samantha Shusterman of AG Healey’s Consumer Protection Division, and David Bolcome of the Civil Investigations Division.

Gun Dealer in Plympton Agrees to End Illegal Sales Practices

Last edited:
anyone know what really happened? Glocks are on list, but not on the AG's imaginary list, so how did he get jammed up for selling off list?

As with others who got slapped by the AG, as you state Glock's are not on the "imaginary list that does not exist" and violates some strange safety regulations, despite Glocks being used by hoards of police departments, security forces and more around the world.

But not safe for you and I Joe... we are not worthy...

:)

Lots of doubletalk - reference to not meeting "Statutory requirements" and the roster, and then a description of violating non statutory regulations for which no roster exists.

It was refreshing to see that she was not accepting the concept of general police immunity.

This appears to be a settlement of a civil regulatory violation, not a plea deal for a criminal offense which would be the case if he sold off-list guns.

basically we have no idea what really went on because f***ing reporters can't get shit straight.

I can't wait for that c*** to die from some painful form of rot.

it's not even the reporters, the statement was issued by the AG's office AND they didn't get it right.

anyone know what really happened? Glocks are on list, but not on the AG's imaginary list, so how did he get jammed up for selling off list?
This is a guess, but I would wager that given the choice between:
(a) stopping Glock sales and paying $7k
or​
(b) paying his lawyer's going rate for an undetermined number of hours,​
he chose to stop and pay before going bankrupt.

No glocks for peasants in mass?
Sounds like no personal Glocks for LE either:
"The AG’s investigation also found that between January 2013 to December 2015, Outback Arms did not properly verify that Glock handguns sold to law enforcement and military personnel were being purchased for use in the performance of official duties."

I wonder if they signed a consent decree enema. (like gun parlor) that asks for them to share 4473...) Since most of those have an NDA attached, but ironically are still public, someone else would have to find out.

-Mike

Shes bolstering a run for bigger office. This is nothing but she makes it look like she took down illegal arms smuggling.

I haven't been in there since before I got transferred out of Carver. I bought some powder and bullets from them when I first started reloading until I found that I can get all my components way cheaper elsewhere. Nice group of people working there though, and other stuff wasn't priced too badly. They had some decent milsurp guns from time to time. I remember seeing the case in the back full of Glocks but it was all marked "LE only"

I’m wondering what the other details of the agreement are.

Like others said. Are their 4473 now open to the AG?

What else are they letting her see

Seems pretty ballsy to be transfering/FA10ing offlist guns and think he wouldn't eventually get caught. Of course I don't agree with the whole compliance BS but it seems like he should have been transferring these the "other" way to avoid getting caught?....

along with properly verifying the sale of certain handguns made to people claiming a law enforcement or military affiliation.

Was this the justification for the 4473 handover in the case of TGP?

This is a guess, but I would wager that given the choice between:
(a) stopping Glock sales and paying $7k
or​
(b) paying his lawyer's going rate for an undetermined number of hours,​
he chose to stop and pay before going bankrupt.

Other problem with b is possibly that the AG could request that his dealer lic get suspended or something; and given the way that EOPS works nowadays, they pretty much say "how high" whenever the AG says jump, because they've practically rolled out the red carpet for them.

-Mike

Other problem with b is possibly that the AG could request that his dealer lic get suspended or something; and given the way that EOPS works nowadays, they pretty much say "how high" whenever the AG says jump, because they've practically rolled out the red carpet for them.
If it was anyone other than the state, they'd call this what it is - blackmail - and prosecute someone for it.

Well, "blackmail" is such an ugly word. I'm sure the AG's office prefers "extortion".

Back
Top Bottom