Gun Dealer in Plympton Agrees to End Illegal Sales Practices

it's not even the reporters, the statement was issued by the AG's office AND they didn't get it right.

Why am I having a hard time believing it's an honest mistake?
It's an official press release from the AG's office, you'd think they'd know which laws were broken. I assume they can navigate this webpage and figure out which laws are relevant and their content.

Sounds like no personal Glocks for LE either:
"The AG’s investigation also found that between January 2013 to December 2015, Outback Arms did not properly verify that Glock handguns sold to law enforcement and military personnel were being purchased for use in the performance of official duties."

So where are all the $700 unfired Glocks going to come from now ?

probably same thing that happened to zero hour. sold glocks on the mass approved list, but not on the super-secret list. but why anybody would buy from outback amazes me. was in there once, saw their prices and never went back again

Just navigate to Superior Court, criminal cases in Suffolk and search by party name (Outback). It’s nothing but a few tabs/screens with no real information though. I wonder if you can show up and get a copy of the agreement...

This is so confusing. In court wouldn’t a judge see that there actually on the list.

Will have to read the court docs but from the release the Glocks were only sold to LEOs that didn't have the correct documentation. The other complaint is civilians were sold "non compliant" guns(not necessarily Glocks).

If it was anyone other than the state, they'd call this what it is - blackmail - and prosecute someone for it.

Well, "blackmail" is such an ugly word. I'm sure the AG's office prefers "extortion".

Bullying and blackmailing shops because they sold LE a grock without a permission slip that says it's for the job. One domino after another...

Cut 50% sales with copycat ban, chop another 10% for LE Ban, litigate to drain the bank account with legal fees, hit em in the nuts with a fine, funnel the 4473s to scare another 20%, struggle along for 6-12 months, then close the doors. Mission accomplished.

Bet Zero Hour warned this was coming.

I wonder if they signed a consent decree enema. (like gun parlor) that asks for them to share 4473...) Since most of those have an NDA attached, but ironically are still public, someone else would have to find out.

-Mike

NFW! You need to meet Gene, LOL- that’s not going to happen.

This is a guess, but I would wager that given the choice between:
(a) stopping Glock sales and paying $7k
or​
(b) paying his lawyer's going rate for an undetermined number of hours,​
he chose to stop and pay before going bankrupt.
^ This is how it usually works. It's called bullying.

I’m wondering what the other details of the agreement are.

Like others said. Are their 4473 now open to the AG?

What else are they letting her see
If you've got an hour and a pocket full of quarters, you can swing by the Suffolk County Courthouse and look at the file. If you call the AGO they may email you a copy. They've been pretty open about that in other cases.

im wondering if our AG will expose the LEO buying non roster guns and then selling them to the peasants for a huge profit.?

Gene is a nice guy and easy to deal with. prices might be a bit high but so is the cost of doing business in this state. he has a inventory the is better than most shops. Packs a lot into that little space. you wont find a larger selection of reloading stuff down this way.

probably same thing that happened to zero hour. sold glocks on the mass approved list, but not on the super-secret list. but why anybody would buy from outback amazes me. was in there once, saw their prices and never went back again

I used to go there 2-3 times a week when I first got my LTC back in early 2013, Gene was here all the time and prices were on par with what I was paying elsewhere. Hell he even had a new Loaded M1A on the rack for ~$1300(I had already paid more for mine) so I let him know thinking maybe someone put the wrong tag on it but he said the price was correct.

Fast forward a bit and Gene seemed to be there less, some business/travelling from what I was told and the folks who took over for him IMO were the ones that screwed the pooch. Like I said I'd hit up the shop a few times a week on ammo runs, nothing new. One day I happened to notice a sizeable hike in prices, when I looked closer at what I wanted I noticed those running the shop at the time re-priced the ammo but couldn't be bothered to remove the older price tags, they had just haphazardly went over the originals with the new tags. During this time customer service took a heavy hit also, it was as if wanting to do business took a back seat to FB/Twitter for those working the counter. It was the first, and still only, time I ever stood at a LGS counter ready to purchase items and just walked out leaving the items there because the clerk held up their finger wanting me to wait while they finished reading something on their phone.

I really do feel bad for Gene, his shop went from an incredibly inviting place where he would offer you whatever he had made for food that day(if you happened to visit it on the right day) to a store staffed by less enthusiastic versions of Randal Graves from Clerks. I hope he's able to turn it around because I believe him to be a good person, but between the damage done by the others and the lost sales due to dimples I suspect it's going to be an uphill battle.

Back
Top Bottom