• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun control talk on 90.9 at 3 pm in boston

@ Goal...Was this recordered? I was pulled into a meeting and only caught the first 10 minutes. Despite the diarrhea spouted by Rosenthal I would like to here the rest.

I did not record it, IIRC 90.9 typically has podcasts available.

Lavallee did a great job making our case in discussing how violent crime etc.. DOUBLED last year despite the "Nations toughest gun laws" Clearly the current laws do not work and do nothing to stop criminals from obtaining guns. The thought of making and imposing more law on law abiding citizens is indeed ludicrous at best.

Lavallee did a great job making our case in discussing how violent crime etc.. DOUBLED last year despite the "Nations toughest gun laws" Clearly the current laws do not work and do nothing to stop criminals from obtaining guns. The thought of making and imposing more law on law abiding citizens is indeed ludicrous at best.

Then LaVallee needs to get back to Lowell and start issuing LTC A ALP licenses and not the crap they are issuing now.

I only caught the last few minutes but must say my favorite part was:
Criminals get guns from two places, either in state, or out of state.

This is where the disconnect is. If you substitute the goal of "lowering crime" with "incrementally disarming the populace" their arguments make complete sense.

I would like Jim, or whoever it is the next time, to say things like:

The "compromise" that is being asked for is not a compromise at all. A compromise implies movement from two directions. What is on the table here is one direction only: taking away freedom from law-abiding citizens.

And:

You cannot control the actions of criminals by controlling the behavior of the law-abiding citizen.

In the interview Jim was asked why LaPierre turned down Obama's invitation to talks and Jim said he didn't know, "you'd have to ask Wayne."

LaPierre wrote this letter to Obama yesterday, March 14th with his reason why he declined the invitation.

http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/obamaletter314.pdf

FYI... just so Jim knows. And it's actually an exceptionally written letter.

I would like Jim, or whoever it is the next time, to say things like:

The "compromise" that is being asked for is not a compromise at all. A compromise implies movement from two directions. What is on the table here is one direction only: taking away freedom from law-abiding citizens.

This whole compromise thing drives me batty.

Let's play a game:

Give me all your money.

No.

Ok, give me 3/4 of your money.

NO!

Ok, give me 1/2 your money

NO! NO! NO!

Why won't you even compromise?

Rosenthal is a gun owner in that by owning a gun, he can say, "Look, I'm affected by my legislation!" so it's all good....[rolleyes]

He's as much of a real gun owner as Kerry was a hunter.....[laugh]

I wonder what it would take for him to become "unsuitable" What town does he live in?

This whole compromise thing drives me batty.

Let's play a game:

Give me all your money.

No.

Ok, give me 3/4 of your money.

NO!

Ok, give me 1/2 your money

NO! NO! NO!

Why won't you even compromise?

exactly. +1

He also did his best to push the BS idea that firearms are obtained primarily by being stolen from law abiding citizens homes and by straw purchases from out of state. Not that there is any reason to ensure that these criminals are punished for their criminal behavior .

I thought Jim did a great job. And he came across as more reasonable than Rosenthal, who wasn't making a lot of sense. I was a little disappointed the discussion seemed concentrated on the issue of background checks and national/ other state policies. I would like more people to realize how difficult it is to legally own and carry a gun in Mass.

Also I'm pretty sure the host used the phrase "multi round clips" towards the end. That's some good research.

Back
Top Bottom