Gun buyback in Haverhill

So If I put up an add stating I was giving away $50 dollar Wal-mart gift cards for anyone who gave me a gun it would be on a no questions asked basis?

Remember when Glock traded a new Glock for every gun police departments turned in and then sold those guns to dealers at auction? Maybe Glock is having another trade deal. I really doubt those guns will be destroyed.

My wife informed me yesterday that there's a back road that goes to "technically haverhill" in 8 minutes. I feel safer now. I also can't wait to move further north.

EDIT: Lighting up the comments like the 4th of July.

Last edited:
You guys say that every time.

I know you are no longer local, but what are the legal ramifications in this shit-hole state? As far as I know, if you don't have a license, you cannot transfer the firearm "legally."

I certainly would be willing to sit outside the police station with a wad of cash as long as I was not going to be arrested.

Chris

Worcester is doing this on December 1st and 8th

Turn in your operable gun and receive:
  • Semi-automatic weapon: $75 gift certificate to a local merchant.
  • Handgun: $50 gift certificate to a local merchant.
  • Long gun: $25 gift certificate to a local merchant.

• Also accepting non-operable guns, live ammunition and firearm accessories (no gift certificates issued).
  • Anonymity ensured - no names asked.
  • No gun registrations required.
IMPORTANT: All guns must be brought unloaded and wrapped in a bag.

Wpuld GOAL or Comm2A be able to put an ad in the T&G listing local gun shops willing to pay more? Unless this would be concidered against the law.

I hope all these buybacks are going to drive DOWN the cost of firearms in this state...

I see what looks like a 1911 and some lever action rifles, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! If the state had a brain they would sell these to law abiding gun owners and make a profit, but nope makes to much sense

Great, not they have a nice selection of plant guns.
When are they going to have a knife buy back, prescription medication buy back, rope buy back, power tool buy back? The unimaginable can happen if a kid finds them too.

The DEA does run a presecritption take back program from time to time - as well do many municipalities.

I know you are no longer local, but what are the legal ramifications in this shit-hole state? As far as I know, if you don't have a license, you cannot transfer the firearm "legally."

I certainly would be willing to sit outside the police station with a wad of cash as long as I was not going to be arrested.

Chris

Well, every gun owner gets 4 FTF on FA10 a year right? Where you buy is irrelevant as long as you are within your state of residence and the seller is of the same state.

LenS has a better read on the legalities, obviously, but I know of none that would legally prevent it.

I can see the police offering some contempt of cop charges if you do it.

As far as I know, here in CT. there is nothing stopping you from offering more than the cops are willing to pay. This is just like folks who advertise to post " wanted to buy" ads. Long arm sales are strictly a FTF with no paperwork required, handguns you need a permit to carry and have to call it in to get an authorization number. Now, if the handgun comes up as stolen, they may try to play games like trying to buy a stolen firearm, but since your calling it in for verification, that blows that theory out the window. Heck, you can offer first dibs to sellers (those turning icky guns in), and what you don't want to purchase tell them to bring across the street to get a Walmart giftcard.

THe police chief will undoubtedly tout this a getting "bad guns" off the street.....but I'll bet 95% of those handguns and rifles were sitting in a shoe box in some closet because some relative died that legally owned it and they don't know what to do with them. How many of those pieces do you guys think were actually owned by some criminal that had or would use it in a crime!!!!!

Holy crap, isn't that a Python in the lower right?

Chris

Yep, it sure looks like one...Cripes this burns me up...the sheep got a $100 bucks for a gun worth 10X that...what an effing fool.

If the state insists on doing this, they should at least pay wholesale for these pieces...look the firearm up in a bluebook and give the seller 2/3 bluebook...the way they are doing this is tantamount to rape, and the sheep are none the wiser. Do you think it's a bit suspicious that they are doing this so close to Christmas?

Last edited:
THe police chief will undoubtedly tout this a getting "bad guns" off the street.....but I'll bet 95% of those handguns and rifles were sitting in a shoe box in some closet because some relative died that legally owned it and they don't know what to do with them. How many of those pieces do you guys think were actually owned by some criminal that had or would use it in a crime!!!!!

^this 100%. Many times a guy dies and his wife doesn't know what to do with them, or the liberal UMASS grad grandchildren come along and can't wait to get rid of those icky things![laugh]

Back
Top Bottom