• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun banners are gearing up again...

I see two big flaws to this.

#1. Does Tom Clancy even write books anymore?

#2. If domestic terror cells do become active who will be the people in the crosshairs, AND the people in the best position to be first responders.

A: Us. The Lawful gun owners of the United States

-Weer'd Beard

I see two huge mistaken assumptions and one very suspect motivation

1) That the only people that think the government should be feared are neo-nazi's and white supremicists. Everyone should think it, but only the smart ones really do.

"Today, only a handful of citizens outside of neo-nazi and white supremacist goups view gun ownership as a means of keeping the government in check. Even those citizens who continue to maintain such antiquated views must face the reality that the United States’ armed forces are too large and too powerful for the citizenry to make much difference. Quite frankly, the idea of the citizenry rising up against the U.S. government with their handguns and assault rifles, and facing the military with these personal arms is absurd. The Branch Davidian tragedy at Waco, Texas, was one such futile attempt"

2) the assumption that a home-grown guerilla army would easily be defeated by the organized forces of the .gov

Author:Junaid Afeef. Why am I thinking this guy is an Irishman from Southie? Secondary motivation????

Even those citizens who continue to maintain such antiquated views must face the reality that the United States’ armed forces are too large and too powerful for the citizenry to make much difference. Quite frankly, the idea of the citizenry rising up against the U.S. government with their handguns and assault rifles, and facing the military with these personal arms is absurd.

This guy would do us all a service by informing the insurgents in Iraq about this...

A couple of weeks ago while visiting some friends and talking a little bit of politics I actually had the wife of the couple we were visiting say that she was GLAD that groups like the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists were out there. The way she looked at it these were people that could actually be counted on to do something about all the politically correct, pro-illegal immigrant, liberal BS that is going on.

This woman is not what I would consider a racist or right wing nutjob either. She is upper middle class and lives in what would normally be considered a pretty liberal town. Just goes to show you - never underestimate what people are REALLY thinking.

Ever notice how these groups always have names like "Institute for Social Policy & Understanding"? Or, "So and So's for the American Way" or "Fill in the Blank for a Progressive Understanding of your Backside"?

And, yes, heavily Muslim influenced group.

I'll be making a donation to the NRA's PAC today in your honor.

LOVE THAT!

"Journey of the Jihadist: Inside Muslim Militancy" this is one of the books being advertised on the page with this article. I'd say this is a terrorist organization that wishes to makes waging war inside the U.S. safer and easier for them. The last thing they want is some random joe on the street who doesn't look like a LEO or MIL to pop them before they can kill everyone in sight.

"Journey of the Jihadist: Inside Muslim Militancy" this is one of the books being advertised on the page with this article. I'd say this is a terrorist organization that wishes to makes waging war inside the U.S. safer and easier for them. The last thing they want is some random joe on the street who doesn't look like a LEO or MIL to pop them before they can kill everyone in sight.

It must have been very upsetting to that kid at the Utah mall when that off-duty cop popped up and started shooting at him.

It must have been very upsetting to that kid at the Utah mall when that off-duty cop popped up and started shooting at him.

I'm sure it was. You look around for cops don't see any and start shooting... and then to your surprise a blue jeans CCW is shooting at you.

I'm sure if it had been a regular citizen and not an off duty LEO and it happened in MA the newspaper headlines would have read, "LTC holder shoots and kills kid in mall."

"The idea of public gun ownership simply does not make sense anymore. The right to bear arms, as enumerated in the Second Amendment, was meant for the maintenance of a “well-regulated militia.” At the time the amendment was adopted, standing armies were viewed with a great deal of suspicion, and therefore, gun-owning individuals were seen as a protection mechanism for the public. These gun owners were also seen as guardians of the republic against the tyranny of the rulers. The framers of the Constitution saw the right to bear and use arms as a check against an unruly government. That state of affairs no longer exists."

No you're wrong.......it exists more now than ever before in the history of our nation. Never in any period of this country's history has the government been more of a bully to the people of this country than it has been in the past six decades....with particular attention being paid to disarming them.

Until the 1930's in this country, nobody ever had a second thought about the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was only after the federal government began its vast expansion and intrusion into the private lives of citizens was there any form of federal gun laws and regulation.

Who the hell does this guy think the militia is? It's not the regular army, its certainly not the national guard......its the people, and they have never given up that constitutional responsibility to ANY government entity nor does any government entity have the right to reassign that duty to any other group or entity.
Standing armies under the control of government ARE ALWAYS a threat to the liberty of the citizens of any country and the armed citizen IS the protection mechanism for the public. If these bastards keep pushing the issue, they will find out first hand just how much tenacity the American public has if and when they decide to try and forceably disarm us. They will be in for the fight of their lives. Any stooge who thinks they are going to go around collecting guns from the public won't be long lived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom