• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guess who's coming to dinner? An Anti!

No really. Tell us how you feel. Stop holding back!

The dishes are done, dude!

My personal opinion is first frisk him. Check outside the door and say, "they're watching us, get in here."
Then spend the rest of the night cleaning your .50 caliber on the table while eating food.

Oh, and try to act normal. lol

Ya but you must have the all your doors dead bolted with the kind you need a key to unlock from both sides so he can not escape

Pistol whip his ass when he walks through the door, piss on him, and then tell him he's a pussy and if he tries to take any other civil liberties away from you or your fellow americans, that youll kick his dick so damn hard, he'll be telling women, "yup I have an inny" [smile]

i don't even need to post because this is so excellent. repped like a boss.

I know this is for fun and all, but you won't get your point across by being rude or not respecting someone else's beliefs. Respect is paramount in a discussion or dialogue about such a polarizing issue.

But seriously, OC. It's your damn house. If they bring it up, lay in. If not, then maybe the sight of a gun isn't as off-putting to them as you think.

I know this is for fun and all, but you won't get your point across by being rude or not respecting someone else's beliefs. Respect is paramount in a discussion or dialogue about such a polarizing issue.

Relax.

Shell casing in his meatball.

Pistol whip his ass when he walks through the door, piss on him, and then tell him he's a pussy and if he tries to take any other civil liberties away from you or your fellow americans, that youll kick his dick so damn hard, he'll be telling women, "yup I have an inny" [smile]

Yeah, what he said^^^

I have a pretty good idea that whether he is nice or not that his point won't make it across. Polarization is a waste of time. Have you been seeing the stuff that these guys post in public! If he's anything like me then the statement will be, "I like guns and I could give a crap less if you don't, but while you're in my house you WILL respect my beliefs, unless you like the taste of boot."

I may be nice on forums, but when you're in my house you will listen to my rules and respect me.

OK, if this was all in good fun, many of the answers are great.

If this is an actual question, in that you're having an Anti over, you'll gain no ground by being an ass.

If you really can't stand their stance (understandable), don't invite them over; if it's inevitable (e.g. family) you'll have to suck it up.

Can you convert them? Who knows? But being an impolite host is not the way to bolster our cause.

If you belong to a 24-hour range, say, "Hey, let's go shoot while the wimmen do th' dishes."

[laugh]

I don't know why I waste my time on these hypotheticals, for one thing I doubt if some of you in your mother's basement dwellers actually know how to host a dinner party (which is supposed to be a light social gathering, but I digress) Don't you think knowing your audience would be first and foremost, what you relationship would be to the guest? How would you feel as a guest if you were to come to some one's home and were to be assailed be someone who might physically assault you (really, many of the answers) display deadly weapons in your face, and immediately start pouncing on you for your beliefs.

Hearts and minds people, hearts and minds, Rome wasn't built in a day...I'd rather cultivate the anti-gunner, so at some point in the relationship they might say, "you are such a great person, you mean you own guns, what's with this?"...then at that point, you begin to gently lay out the argument.

If the person is in your face at the get-go and is strident and hostile, a different story, they are being a bad guest, and nothing good will come of that particular relationship. One cannot convert a zealot. True believers are what they are.

I don't know why I waste my time on these hypotheticals, for one thing I doubt if some of you in your mother's basement dwellers actually know how to host a dinner party (which is supposed to be a light social gathering, but I digress) Don't you think knowing your audience would be first and foremost, what you relationship would be to the guest? How would you feel as a guest if you were to come to some one's home and were to be assailed be someone who might physically assault you (really, many of the answers) display deadly weapons in your face, and immediately start pouncing on you for your beliefs.

Hearts and minds people, hearts and minds, Rome wasn't built in a day...I'd rather cultivate the anti-gunner, so at some point in the relationship they might say, "you are such a great person, you mean you own guns, what's with this?"...then at that point, you begin to gently lay out the argument.

If the person is in your face at the get-go and is strident and hostile, a different story, they are being a bad guest, and nothing good will come of that particular relationship. One cannot convert a zealot. True believers are what they are.

Just to be clear, you didn't just equate "display deadly weapons in your face" to OC in your home, right?

If you invited someone to dinner, be a good host and behave like a gentleman.

I wouldn't even bring up the subject. Let them see you are a normal person not some psycho. If he/she brings the subject up, educate with facts and logic. Let them understand that their perspective is based on irrational fear and lack of understanding. If the person is not open to a different and logical perspective, there's nothing you can do other than to avoid them.

Keep your calm and be polite. If someone must be an ass, let them be it.

Bring them out to the movies after dinner. Gag them as you go into the theater. After all, aren't they reasonable people and want to prevent theater stampeed deaths?

Real answer: In their face probably doesn't do much. Plant the seeds of rational thought in their minds that maybe will grow into something over time - like "So I was watching Piers (douche) Morgan the other day, and I actually learned that despite his opinion... xyz is true... who woulda thunk it!"

...Show him some WW2 film/video of hundreds of people being rounded up by a dozen armed SS men........ .You might win him over.
That would only influence those with the ability to use logic. Antis are not that bright in general. I honestly believe that they believe that gun owners are the Nazis, who would load them onto the trains at gunpoint. Guns = tools of tyrants to antis.

Just to be clear, you didn't just equate "display deadly weapons in your face" to OC in your home, right?

Just to be clear, NO !!! I have been told that there are no stupid questions...but then again...[thinking]...but pray tell dear sir, how does one OC a rifle in ones home that does NOT have a sling? I would probably carry it at port arms, for instance, and upon meeting my dear guest at the door, depending on his/her height, such weapon might be directly in his/her face. (just thought I'd add that scenario , this thread being hypothetical and all).

Better get off the 'puter, I think Mother is calling you to come upstairs and join her for dinner. [wink]

Just to be clear, NO !!! I have been told that there are no stupid questions...but then again...[thinking]...but pray tell dear sir, how does one OC a rifle in ones home that does NOT have a sling? I would probably carry it at port arms, for instance, and upon meeting my dear guest at the door, depending on his/her height, such weapon might be directly in his/her face. (just thought I'd add that scenario , this thread being hypothetical and all).

Better get off the 'puter, I think Mother is calling you to come upstairs and join her for dinner. [wink]

I'm not really big into starting a personal argument in an otherwise somewhat-legitimate thread, but wow, you do love your own voice, don't you?

I'm confused. Did I say rifle? I'm just looking for some context for this type of bullshit from you. I thought I was being somewhat level-headed.

Last edited:
If you invited someone to dinner, be a good host and behave like a gentleman.

I wouldn't even bring up the subject. Let them see you are a normal person not some psycho. If he/she brings the subject up, educate with facts and logic. Let them understand that their perspective is based on irrational fear and lack of understanding. If the person is not open to a different and logical perspective, there's nothing you can do other than to avoid them.

Keep your calm and be polite. If someone must be an ass, let them be it.

NFW my house no antis. I converted my parents into getting a LTC after obama and Connecticut.

That would only influence those with the ability to use logic. Antis are not that bright in general. I honestly believe that they believe that gun owners are the Nazis, who would load them onto the trains at gunpoint. Guns = tools of tyrants to antis.

WRONG.

Many Antis are quite intelligent, but have a different worldview - acting as if they're stupid is bad policy.

Personally, I can't figure out why so many people are religious, but I understand that they are, and see things differently from me. As long as I don't have to follow their beliefs, that's cool. I don't tell the Catholics that it's really still a piece of cracker.

You can educate the ignorant. Find out one, just one, part of the Anti's "argument" and prove it wrong. Then either move on to the next, or let it sit....

Like in sales: find the objection, and overcome it.

Jesus. Ease up folks. Most of the responses are just to be funny and ate not serious. I mean piss on a guy? I would never! Now taking a giant Stanley steamer in his chest after the pistol whip, well that's when you know I mean business.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Hoppe's No 9 steak sauce?

s7_290331_999_01

Avoid the topic if you want to have a nice dinner. If he insists on discussing guns, tell him you are only willing to debate after he has gone to the range with you so he will understand your perspective. Then be fair and offer to go to a gay bar with him so you can understand his.

Back
Top Bottom