gsg-5

Much like the 'Krinker Plinker', I think it looks neat. Kind of a shame I guess using all those MP5 parts on a .22, but I'd get over that quickly - looks like a lot of fun! I'm not sure if it uses proprietary mags or not, so no hi-caps for those of us in the occupied territories....I didn't catch a price.

atlantic has them listed for $499
i'm guessing that the mags are specific for this, so
no high cap's in ma, i definately think it's on the want
list for 08

garyz

just found out from atlantic firearms, from another forum,
these will only be coming through w/ 20 rund mags for now.
is there any exemption for 22lr rifles in our wonderful state?

thx
garyz

just found out from atlantic firearms, from another forum,
these will only be coming through w/ 20 rund mags for now.
is there any exemption for 22lr rifles in our wonderful state?

thx
garyz

NOPE!

Only OK if mags are pre-9.13.94, otherwise felony territory. [Tube-fed is the only other exception for .22s.]

Sorry.

I love my Hk's but just can't get excited about this one. It's been marketed for a while in the UK. Just not into the whole "spary and pray" technique of shooting. Even living up here in a free state I'd pass.

I love my Hk's but just can't get excited about this one. It's been marketed for a while in the UK. Just not into the whole "spary and pray" technique of shooting. Even living up here in a free state I'd pass.

*thread revival*

I've had mine for almost 2 months now and for the price it is an excellent gun. A 10/22 & a Krinker Plinker kit costs about the same, but the GSG-5 has a better trigger (the 10/22 trigger doesn't work so well with the Krinker's pistol grip) and the last shot bolt hold open saves the chamber from burrs because of dropping the hammer on an empty chamber. "Spray & pray" can be done with any semi-auto rifle, but believe it or not the GSG has a pertty accurate barrel. Yes, it's not a real H&K, but it's much cheaper for me to shoot .22's (a brick costs less than a box of 50 9mm) with very close to the same feel.

Availablility?

I know ZHA was taking preorders but has anyone heard anything about these becoming more widely available? Next shipment is due....?

I'm putting a deposit on one today. From what I've heard - and read - there is a huge backlog of orders and the reserve on places like Gunbroker is generally over $650.

I just checked with my local shop. He has some on order and they are available but he can't get me one yet because they aren't shipping with 10 rounders yet! How is it possible that ZHA has them with 10 rounders? I really want to give my local guy the business but I'm getting impatient! I have a link to making the 22 rounders only hold 10 but he said that is a big NO NO.

Last edited:
I just checked with my local shop. He has some on order and they are available but he can't get me one yet because they aren't shipping with 10 rounders yet! How is it possible that ZHA has them with 10 rounders? I really want to give my local guy the business but I'm getting impatient! I have a link to making them 22 rounders only hold 10 but he said that is a big NO NO.

Umm.......magic? Seriously though I was there last weekend and I know he had atleast one when I was there. As for making the 10's hold 20, that indeed would be a big no no in Mass as this is a new production gun and there is no way any of the mags for it could be pre ban.

Umm.......magic? Seriously though I was there last weekend and I know he had atleast one when I was there. As for making the 10's hold 20, that indeed would be a big no no in Mass as this is a new production gun and there is no way any of the mags for it could be pre ban.

No no, not making hi-caps...just the opposite. It is making a 22 round magazine "fixed" to only hold 10 rounds.

Magazine Mod For Ban States
The_Lynch_Family modified his mags to 10 rounds so he would be state legal.

First off, take the mag apart and load in however many rounds are legal in your state with the mag follower to determine how far the follower travels. 10 rounds will be used here.
10roundmag01c1496f0vz5.jpg

Mark the location of where the roll pin needs to be located. Do on both sides of the mag body. Left and Right.
10roundmag02c1520a9qj0.jpg

Drill through the marked location. Do this on both sides of the mag body. You must drill as close as possible to the edged of the mag .
10roundmag03c15dc69wf2.jpg

Picture of the drilled hole. You can't really tell in the pic but the hole is more in the curve/round part of the mag instead of on the flat surface.
10roundmag04c1668cfrj1.jpg

Picture of the roll pin tapped into one side of the mag body. Note how close the roll pin is to the edge of the side rail on the mag body. When you drill through the mag you basically want your drill bit to drill slightly into the side lip of the mag body.
10roundmag05c1715ffyg9.jpg

Picture of the roll pin on the one side already inserted and the hole drilled on the other side.
10roundmag06c178d11vh3.jpg

Picture of the roll pin and follower with rounds.
10roundmag07c17f758df1.jpg

Put the mag together. Then take black epoxy and fill in the holes in the mag. Below is a pic of the first fill of epoxy. Use filler as needed to get it flush with the mag body. After it dries you cannot tell it has been modified and it is permanent.
10roundmag08c18dfc3dn4.jpg

Borrowed from another forum...rehosted the pics as to not leach.

Back
Top Bottom